PDA

View Full Version : Owens' press conference lightened my mood alittle bit...

BillsWin
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Just ever so slightly. I can't wait to see him on the field vs. the Pats. I'm really hoping having him on the field will be a huge confidence boost to our struggling QB.

Love me some T.O. :rockon:

:monkeyp: Tom Brady

Heres the vid: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/terrell-owens-speaks-with-the-media/a7da2c07-da58-4854-80d8-01a9350f02fd

yordad
08-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Excellent interview. I hope T.O. is that diplomatic for every one of them. He is very articulate. It was a positive.

Hemlepp53
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Love it.... Owens is what we need on the field and in the locker room. He nevers forgots to mention what Evans and he will do on the field. I love that...

Captin Check Down and Trentative... lol.. thats funny... I think TO will really open things up once he is on the field. Not sure how well the line will hold but I think the core group are getting better working together and assisting when needed. Improvement is need and it will come.... Hope sooner than later...

X-Era
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Just ever so slightly. I can't wait to see him on the field vs. the Pats. I'm really hoping having him on the field will be a huge confidence boost to our struggling QB.

Love me some T.O. :rockon:

:monkeyp: Tom Brady

Heres the vid: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/terrell-owens-speaks-with-the-media/a7da2c07-da58-4854-80d8-01a9350f02fd
Ya know, I have hated this guy since day one with his days in SF.

But he has really grown on me.

He hasn't complained, hes come in and done everything he could do to help. Hes defended the team, his coach, the QB.

Hes saying all the right things. Could it blow up? sure. But, Im really starting to think it wont.

The Bills may have just done something smart for a change. They didnt sign the guy and start talking about his past experiences.

They acted like a classy organziation and basically told him and everyone that he has a clean slate with them. I dont think they were even willing to entertain discussions about his previous time on other teams. They went on to show him respect for all that hes done on the field... and why shouldnt they.

And I would not be at all surprised if he returns the favor and shows the team and organization respect by being a team player.

Is he a baby? Yes. But maybe he hasnt even been on a team as classy as the Bills. Maybe he just needed to play for a team that treats him right.

This just may be an unlikely pairing that works out for both sides.

I'm in his corner, now, officially. And I hope and pray the good relationship continues.

BillsWin
08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
great posting EdwardsEra.

baalworship
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
T.O. the Voice Of Reason?!

DrGraves
08-31-2009, 09:32 PM
i agree. i feel a little better with him feeling better and schobel and freddy back at practice. the pats are still going to kill us either way though.

Mad Bomber
08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
What a cancer...

mercyrule
08-31-2009, 11:17 PM
What a cancer...negged

The Juice Is Loose
09-01-2009, 12:07 AM
EdwardsEra, I agree with everything you said except I've loved TO since he made "The Catch"

BAM
09-01-2009, 06:10 AM
I thought the same thing after watching it last night too.

SabreEleven
09-01-2009, 06:27 AM
He was great when he first started in SF, Philly and Dallas also...let's see how he is when the Bills are 0-6. I'm actually looking forward to his tirades when that happens because I'm tired of the Bills **** that comes of Jauron and OBD.

zone
09-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Exactly, it's pre-season and pre-season is used for filling the roster and evaluating young players game speed. There is no planning against the opponents, there are no special plays to exploit weaknesses, and there shouldn't be.

The only focus and game planning should be on the Patriots.

The only thing that last season and preseason should have taught this organization is that Evans, Reed, and Parrish can not be on the field by themselves and expect to scare any defenses.

justasportsfan
09-01-2009, 06:49 AM
While I thought TO's being a lockerroom cancer would be a problem, I am actually hoping he will start acting up. At least he'll tell the truth instead of the regular "We need to get better. We need to do a better job". Or Trents "I'm confident in the people we have "

If there's anyone who can shake up that locker, it'll be TO and I hope Evans starts to say something too.

The Juice Is Loose
09-01-2009, 08:21 AM
While I thought TO's being a lockerroom cancer would be a problem, I am actually hoping he will start acting up. At least he'll tell the truth instead of the regular "We need to get better. We need to do a better job". Or Trents "I'm confident in the people we have "

If there's anyone who can shake up that locker, it'll be TO and I hope Evans starts to say something too.

Evans is part of our problem.

justasportsfan
09-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Evans is part of our problem.
lol. ok

trapezeus
09-01-2009, 08:36 AM
i'll admit TO has grown on me as well, but i'm not sure him being quiet is good for the team. if we really suck. i want him calling the team out. i think a lot of people will echo his sentiments if we are seeing the 2008 season part II and the same excuses.

If TO stays quiet, he might just be biting his lip so he can get that big last contract next year and get to a real team that tries to win superbowls as opposed to barely squeak into the playoffs.

ALL D
09-01-2009, 09:33 AM
One thing great about TO is his ability to take on all the negative pressure away from a team and make it his... He does bring excitement and publicity to a section of the country that needs it. If he succeeds here and gets the Bills into a higher standard of play, who cares what or who he represents. Do you think the Cowboys are better without him? What will their record be?

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
TO said preseason doesnt matter lol.

zone
09-01-2009, 10:42 AM
TO said preseason doesnt matter lol.
That's because it doesn't.

psubills62
09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
One thing great about TO is his ability to take on all the negative pressure away from a team and make it his... He does bring excitement and publicity to a section of the country that needs it. If he succeeds here and gets the Bills into a higher standard of play, who cares what or who he represents. Do you think the Cowboys are better without him? What will their record be?

Gotta say, I saw an interesting statistic on rotoworld recently:

"Tony Romo has been on the field for 84 plays this preseason and has just one completion for more than 25 yards.

Big plays in the passing game are a question mark for the Cowboys without Terrell Owens. Miles Austin was expected to be a deep threat but he's been inconsistent at best. Romo finished Saturday's third preseason game 11-of-17 for 125 yards and one ugly interception."

Here's hoping Owens can help the number of Edwards' completions over 25 yards.

BillsWin
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Gotta say, I saw an interesting statistic on rotoworld recently:

"Tony Romo has been on the field for 84 plays this preseason and has just one completion for more than 25 yards.

Big plays in the passing game are a question mark for the Cowboys without Terrell Owens. Miles Austin was expected to be a deep threat but he's been inconsistent at best. Romo finished Saturday's third preseason game 11-of-17 for 125 yards and one ugly interception."

Here's hoping Owens can help the number of Edwards' completions over 25 yards.

PSUbills62 is a smart man.