PDA

View Full Version : 65 Quarterbacks

feldspar
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Again, 65 quarterbacks were paid more than Edwards last year.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playersbyposition.aspx?pos=132

How much do you want to tear this kid down, you butt-plugs?

Kenny
08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Good point Feldspar... I guess this makes everything okay then!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roflmao:

feldspar
08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Good point Feldspar... I guess this makes everything okay then!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roflmao:

This makes you a complete moron if you want to crucify this kid that is trying his best.

gil
09-01-2009, 06:51 AM
So, because he isn't getting paid a lot, we can't criticize him? Somehow it's our fault that he was injury prone and fell to the 3rd round where he would get a lower rookie salary?

Well, that ruins my day, I guess I can't critique the people that work for me now since they don't make a lot of money and therefore by your logic don't have to be good at their jobs.

yordad
09-01-2009, 06:58 AM
It is a little early for blame, but if it goes wrong, I blame the coaches. What was Edwards supposed to say, "No, I don't want to start"?

Kenny
09-01-2009, 07:16 AM
This makes you a complete moron if you want to crucify this kid that is trying his best.

Not sure if you're just joking or maybe you're slightly ******ed, -but how is money a factor?
The guy is the starter of Buffalo Bills. He has underperformed thus far. Therefore fans have every right to question whether he can get the job done.
And so what if he's trying his best? Im sure many players before him 'tried their best' and just didnt cut it.

And it's not like the guy is making peanuts. He's making more than alot of other professions (doctors, lawyers, etc...). And he's getting paid to play a game. Just because he's not as rich as the the other guys ahead of him doesnt mean he still isnt getting paid.

MassEffect218435
09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Well, he's about the 66th best QB in the league so it seems about right.

feldspar
09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Not sure if you're just joking or maybe you're slightly ******ed, -but how is money a factor?
The guy is the starter of Buffalo Bills. He has underperformed thus far. Therefore fans have every right to question whether he can get the job done.
And so what if he's trying his best? Im sure many players before him 'tried their best' and just didnt cut it.

He's definitely shown flashes of ability. How soon people forget all the talk around the NFL around weeks 4-6 considering Trent for league MVP last year. Yeah, you can easily say that Trent beat bad teams, but guess what? The Bills were a bad team, too. The coaching and playcalling are terrible. The lines on both side of the ball have been terrible in general. The o-line this preseason...well, what is THAT? I'm just suggesting that perhaps too much blame is being laid on Trent. I realize that such sentiments aren't in vogue right now...there is a learning curve, and the guy has only started for less than a year and a half's worth of games.

And it's not like the guy is making peanuts. He's making more than alot of other professions (doctors, lawyers, etc...). And he's getting paid to play a game. Just because he's not as rich as the the other guys ahead of him doesnt mean he still isnt getting paid.

Like you said, he is the starter, with all the responsibility and criticism that goes along with that...yet he's being paid like a low-end backup. I thought that was worth mentioning. It's all relative. Trent was never paid like a starter. Again, he is on the Bills. Put a guy like Trent in New England last year, and he'd be making the big bucks like Cassel this year.

The entire Bills organization seems incapable of seeing the big picture. They are predictable and inept...at least they have been for the past decade. People take their frustration out on the most visible member of the team, which is the QB. Not to say that Trent is blameless, but look at his environment.

I still think he has the potential to be a decent QB, and excuse me if I don't join the mob in throwing him under the bus.

Billz_fan
09-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I stand by the thought that he was ruined by this coaching staff. How can a kid that Bill Walsh actually called Marv Levy on to talk to him about go so bad so quickly. He wasn't as bad as he is now when he was a rookie for god sake. We could bring in rookie Joe Montana and Dick would have him cowering in the pocket in no time.

Mudflap1
09-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I stand by the thought that he was ruined by this coaching staff. How can a kid that Bill Walsh actually called Marv Levy on to talk to him about go so bad so quickly. He wasn't as bad as he is now when he was a rookie for god sake. We could bring in rookie Joe Montana and Dick would have him cowering in the pocket in no time.

While Bill Walsh's eye for the game was undeniable, he also thought Jim Druckenmiller would be the successor to Steve Young. And Druck had S.F.'s coaching staff.

yordad
09-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I just think he lost his MOJO. Folks no longer see the "poise" they fell in love with. The honeymoon is over, on to calling for the backup. We all know the backup is always the most liked player on a losing team.

Again, Edwards is more skilled then Fitz. But, that didn't effect that last QB change.

Maybe you are beginning to realize the problem was and is bigger then the starting QB. Too bad I was alone on this when TE was the backup.

Some people will just always believe you can just swap out a QB and have a superbowl team. Heck, there are a few QBs you can actually make a case for. But, rarely is that QB on someones pine.

Trent is still working on the contract he signed as a third round rookie. If he proved he was the future, he would have been paid like one.

Take Cutler for example. He was on a crappy team last year. But you could see he was the cream of that crop, and what he fetched in trade value is proof.

We shouldn't crucify him as a person, but maybe for his play. We shouldn't be mad at him as a person, because he is trying his best. But, when it comes down to his paycheck, that is his fault, and has nothing to do with how I assess him.

If you think he gets points for being cheap, you are wrong, IMO.

Billz_fan
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
While Bill Walsh's eye for the game was undeniable, he also thought Jim Druckenmiller would be the successor to Steve Young. And Druck had S.F.'s coaching staff.

LOL, I forgot about Jim, point taken :D But then again everyone oicks a dud once in awhile.

BAM
09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
He's got this ENTIRE year to prove himself for me. Can't speak for anyone else though as far as management. He deserves this year I'd say.

feldspar
09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
He's got this ENTIRE year to prove himself for me. Can't speak for anyone else though as far as management. He deserves this year I'd say.

Exactly.

He's got this year no matter how much the impatient douchebags would have it otherwise. They should put away their crystal balls, because they play the game for a reason.

I say support your QB until it's absolutely clear that he isn't the answer...it hasn't reached that point yet.

X-Era
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Again, 65 quarterbacks were paid more than Edwards last year.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playersbyposition.aspx?pos=132

How much do you want to tear this kid down, you butt-plugs?

Did we get what we paid for?

:couch:

feldspar
09-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Did we get what we paid for?

:couch:

If you get what you pay for, you shouldn't blame the product.

yordad
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
If you get what you pay for, you shouldn't blame the product.This is what I was trying to say in my original post, but I think you said it better.

X-Era
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
If you get what you pay for, you shouldn't blame the product.

Ohh no, you can ***** about the piece of junk you bought as long as you blame the fool with the money too.

BuffaloRanger
09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
One Question.

Has "Trentative Checkdownwards" looked like a legitimate starting QB this preseason - or the last 8 games of last season?

Nope. He looks like a backup QB who shined in spot duty against bad teams and reality is setting in.

Full disclosure: I like him and hope he snaps out of it. But so far it doesn't look promising.

X-Era
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
One Question.

Has "Trentative Checkdownwards" looked like a legitimate starting QB this preseason - or the last 8 games of last season?

Nope. He looks like a backup QB who shined in spot duty against bad teams and reality is setting in.

Full disclosure: I like him and hope he snaps out of it. But so far it doesn't look promising.

I don't want to touch this discussion for fear of having a Losman relapse. JP had bright spots too.

feldspar
09-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Ohh no, you can ***** about the piece of junk you bought as long as you blame the fool with the money too.

Nobody likes a ***** for very long.

X-Era
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Nobody likes a ***** for very long.

On that we agree... all the whining gets old around here. And yes, Ive been doing it too.

:peace:

Night Train
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Whether he's paid $14 an hour or has a $100 Mil contract doesn't affect how I view any player. That's his business.

I'm rooting for a winner and I have lots of questions regarding Edwards ability. It's the "put up or shut up" season for him.

wozrob11
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
you get paid **** for playing like ****