• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Sullivan: Bills working their plan in secrecy

On Monday, for the first time in years, the Bills closed an entire practice to the media. No explanation was given. One joker wondered if the coaches had taken the first-team offense on a field trip to the end zone.

I had one possible reason for the sudden secrecy: the coaches have come to their senses and realized that the no-huddle offense isn't working, and they need to practice huddling before the opener in New England in two weeks.
    I thought the bolded part was HILARIOUS. "Field trip to the end zone." LOL

I have to say, the practices must have been pretty darn awesome for Schonert not to be concerned with the game. Here's hoping that the reason for playing like absolute CRAP during preseason is because of apathy instead of inability.
    Last edited by Dude; 09-01-2009, 02:59 PM. Reason: Please don't post entire articles - copyright violation
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Sullivan: Bills working their plan in secrecy

Originally posted by psubills62
    http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/c...ry/780781.html

I thought the bolded part was HILARIOUS. "Field trip to the end zone." LOL

I have to say, the practices must have been pretty darn awesome for Schonert not to be concerned with the game. Here's hoping that the reason for playing like absolute CRAP during preseason is because of apathy instead of inability.
    If he isnt concerned wth Pittsburgh, we did they play the game?

It wasnt to try to win
    It wasnt to try out their new offense
    It couldnt be to test the individual players when you didnt scheme it to have any good results

So what was the purpose in playing that game then?

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Schonert said there were no second thoughts. He said the Pittsburgh debacle was due to poor execution and tired legs from a tough practice week.
      "I don't care about Pittsburgh," Schonert said. "That's a preseason game. We didn't prepare for [that] game. We had a great week of practice. That's our main concern. We're heading in the right direction. We got our minds on New England. That's where we're heading."
      What a bunch of crap. Care to make any more excuses Schonert?

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

anyone buying it...

sounds to me that the coaches are finally realizing there jobs are on the line.

yes a field trip to the endzone is a great idea. It wil help the O overcome their fear of it.

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

One joker wondered if the coaches had taken the first-team offense on a field trip to the end zone.

Oh god that had me

Please bring a bag lunch !
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

James Farrior, who picked off an Edwards pass and returned it for a touchdown, said afterward that perhaps the Bills should try huddling. Yes, the league is laughing at them.

What a douche. It's pre season, not the S.B.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mybills
              James Farrior, who picked off an Edwards pass and returned it for a touchdown, said afterward that perhaps the Bills should try huddling. Yes, the league is laughing at them.

actually this is exactly the treatment this team deserves.. and I would love for all of the media and opposing teams to just rip the team apart if they keep up this BS.

If they can pull it together then great but I am not liking what I have been witnessing, and it appears other teams think we're a joke. I'm tired of it, aren't you. Pretty much losing football for 10 years

why else would the coaches all of sudden hold a closed practice. That's a tell tale sign of panic IMO

but then again why allow every practice to be open anyways that doesn't seem very intelligent either.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Why hold closed practices in preseason?

We're still gearing up for the Lions, or should be somewhat.

Wait, nevermind, we don't gameplan for preseason games. Turk said so. Hell, I don't think we gameplan for regular season games much.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  actually this is exactly the treatment this team deserves..
                  He's speaking for the whole league from one comment from one player on one team. He's a douche.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                    • Jan 2003

I to am glad, Maybe Ralph will finally figure out whats going on. This team is going no where playoffs wise and probably wont make a .500 season. Unacceptable after all this time.
                    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      anyone buying it...

sounds to me that the coaches are finally realizing there jobs are on the line.

yes a field trip to the endzone is a great idea. It wil help the O overcome their fear of it.
                      I hope that the Bills are secretly working on a new offense (could be formations in the no-huddle) that will catch the Pats off guard.

Thats what I hope.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                        I to am glad, Maybe Ralph will finally figure out whats going on. This team is going no where playoffs wise and probably wont make a .500 season. Unacceptable after all this time.

Do you honestly think a 91 year old man who hasnt had a clue for decades will suddenly wake up?

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mybills

You're right. It's not the SB. Because the Bills were there. Steelers are the defending SB champs. Bills haven't made the postseason this decade. They can say whatever they want. Success = Right.

The no huddle is a gimmick, plain and simple. If it was such a viable offense strategy against defenses today wouldn't another team with offensive masterminds have used it in the last 10 years?

Good teams don't have to use gimmicks to get favorable matchups. Good teams score TDs regardless. Jauron/Shonert are just not capable of being winning coaches. This season will prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                            Do you honestly think a 91 year old man who hasnt had a clue for decades will suddenly wake up?
                            Perhaps not, I also think he is surrounded by the wrong people. Many in this franchise especially in the front office have been just collecting paychecks for some time. There is no passion to win. right now the person with the most passion to win in the whole franchise is TO. How sad is that ? This whole thing has been on auto pilot for far to long.
                            The Polian Curse

Comment

• realdealryan
                              realdealrex
                              • Nov 2005

So.........................we suck so much that our offense has pull a Bin Laden and disappear into the Afghani hill caves so that the Pats can't gameplan for us?

Comment

Working...
                              X