PDA

View Full Version : Welker injured?

psubills62
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Knowing the Pats, it's not a big deal at all and he'll get 200 yards receiving against us, but something to think about:

Wes Welker is once again sidelined at practice after missing last week's game with an undisclosed injury.

Welker said only that he's working hard to return and hopes to be ready for the season opener. This being the Patriots, he refused to go into detail on the injury. Welker's absence from two of the three preseason games has flown under the radar, but it's becoming a mild concern -- at least until we know what's wrong with him.

per rotoworld.com

Here's hoping he won't play on MNF...

trapezeus
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
whether welker plays or not doesn't matter. i'm sure some no name will rise to the occassion and flatten whitner out once again.

mybills
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
what is "an disclosed injury."?

psubills62
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
what is "an disclosed injury."?

Good call. I copied and pasted when I saw it, so looks like rotoworld fixed it and so did I.

Tatonka
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
they have another small ass white receiver that will torch us even if welker is hurt.

OpIv37
09-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Last Friday against the Skins, they had some guy named Lewis playing in Welker's spot. The offense was clicking so well that it was halfway through the 2nd before I noticed that Welker wasn't playing. His absence means they beat us by 30 rather than 40.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Welker was slowed by some sort of leg injury early in camp and sat out the Philly game. He returned to play against the Bengals, but has been sitting out practice since that game.

Given that, it is hard to say how serious the injury is, or even what it is. It doesn't sound bad, but he seems to have aggravated it when playing. I would think they are being cautious, but you can't really tell. If he is practicing again next week, I'd expect him to play.

they have another small ass white receiver that will torch us even if welker is hurt.

That is Julian Edelman, a college QB at Kent State who they drafted in the 7th round and converted to WR. He does look like Welker when he plays, because he is so shifty and quick (he is bigger though, at about 6', 200#).

However, I doubt Edelman would be the guy to step in at WR if Welker missed the game. It likely would be Greg Lewis, who they traded with the Eagles for in the offseason. Edelman is learning a new position, and is pretty raw as a WR. He does have a good shot of being a punt returner, something he has done in the preseason. Edelman missed the last game after getting banged up against Cincy as well, but should return for the opener.

jamze132
09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
The Patriots could start JP Losman under center and beat the crap out of us.

mybills
09-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Why can't they just tell us what the injury is? What a stupid little game they play with stuff like this. :down:

psubills62
09-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Last Friday against the Skins, they had some guy named Lewis playing in Welker's spot. The offense was clicking so well that it was halfway through the 2nd before I noticed that Welker wasn't playing. His absence means they beat us by 30 rather than 40.

Well, either way I'd rather Welker not play. Not only does he tear Buffalo apart, but the guy I'm playing in fantasy football (first week, head-to-head matchup) has Wes Welker as one of his starters.

I agree, Buffalo still won't have much of a shot at winning, but it's not like it would hurt our chances.

Brown42000
09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
I went to Pats TC and whatever "injury" Welker has it isn't serious.

Tatonka
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
does anyone know the line on the pats/bills game?

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2009, 10:16 AM

32 1/2.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM

NE -10, 46.5 OU

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I would put a ton of money on the Pats at 10.

BAM
09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
and the WAY OVER

DraftBoy
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM

That's a hell of a line to jump on.

Ingtar33
09-02-2009, 12:22 PM

if i bet (which i don't)

I would put a lot of money on both the spread and the over

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2009, 12:25 PM
if i bet (which i don't)

I would put a lot of money on both the spread and the over

I would hesitate on the over.

The Bills defense has not given up a ton of points. I an easily see the game being something 38-7 or 42-3.

(BTW, by on the spread I assume you mean taking NE minus the points)

Ingtar33
09-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I would hesitate on the over.

The Bills defense has not given up a ton of points. I an easily see the game being something 38-7 or 42-3.

(BTW, by on the spread I assume you mean taking NE minus the points)

yeah... i'd definately bet on NE covering.

as for the over/under... i don't know... i just see another night game fiasco, in which case we'll probably lose 45-21 (for the good showing) or 56-10 (if it's really bad)

either way it will be ugly as sin

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2009, 12:30 PM
38-3 is a fiasco too.

I just think the Bills defense is a little better and Brady might be off just enough to miss out on one or two scores.

I guess I'll put it this way - I would bet the house on NE covering. The O/U is much more iffy.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
I think you see some high scores in the first couple weeks, so the over is a good bet.

I find it hard to believe that Buffalo will not score some points, especially with TO back. I know they have been bad in preseason, but there is a good amount of talent on the Bills team. Unless the OL is completely dreadful, they should score some.

Also, the NE defense is in transition. I think they are faster in the back-end than they were a year ago and are still very strong on the DL, but they also have a lot of new players in big roles for them defensively. Will all the new bodies, one has to expect they will be more mistake-prone than usual early in the season.

jamze132
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I bet Moss has 3 TDs alone...