X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Andre Smith out Indefinitely

good thing we didn't get to pick andre smith. he's already ****ting the bed. what a waste of money. watching that hard knocks show on HBO. i feel bad for the bungles. i am truly glad we picked maybin. can't wait to see what he can do on thursday.

First-round pick Andre Smith is out indefinitely after fracturing his foot in a non-contact drill at Bengals practice Tuesday.
    Smith clearly wasn't in football shape when he signed his $42M rookie deal on Sunday. He, and the Bengals, are paying for it now. Coach Marvin Lewis would only say that Smith is out for "a few weeks" and confirmed he won't need surgery, but it's another setback to Smith's first-year development. Anthony Collins will likely end up starting at right tackle all season. Sep. 1 - 5:28 pm et

Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-02-2009, 12:22 AM.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Andre Smith out Indefinitely

never liked him. Maybin over Smith all day.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

do you remember my pre-draft comments to took so much flack before the draft?

i said andre smith had such character issues that he should fall out of the first round. that most nfl teams wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

turns out the Bengals are not like most teams.. and took a flier on a very damaged person. don't expect him to turn it around. this guy was damaged goods from the word go.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Not that Im trying to defend Andre Smith in any regard, because is a lazy, unmotivated player but this injury was some what of a freak occurance, it had nothing to do with a lack of conditioning, or anything like that.

The guy broke his foot, so its hard to say he is "****ting the bed".
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

personally everyone with a tad bit of intelligence knew Andre Smith was going to be a pain in the ass and never be in shape or be able to maintain shape.
          it was obvious as the day was long.

the guy left the biggest job interview of his life at the combine what other red flag did anyone need

Cincy deservers what they got here, they could have traded back a little and drafted Oher

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

What does a fractured foot have to do with being in shape?
            Last edited by mybills; 09-02-2009, 08:00 AM.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

the whole combine fiasco did it in for me. i was surprised that he got drafted in the first round. and i am no Ingtar or Draftboy. You guys i believe work in coaching and are passionate about the draft, respectively right? I don't really follow much college football and only read stuff the weeks leading up to the draft.

As bad as things can be for the bills, there is always the bengals to make me feel a little better.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                What does a fractured foot have to do with being in shape?
                Depending on the fracture, it could have a lot to do with it.

If it's a stress fracture, it means he hasn't been running and his bones therefore aren't ready for the rigors of training camp. You need to build up bone strength gradually, and stress fractures occur when you go from sitting on the couch to heavy exercise.

It could also mean he's way overwieght - more weight means more pressure on the foot bones, which can lead to breaks.

Anyway, I see your point - a fracture isn't proof that he's out of shape. But the likelihood of those injuries increases when you're out of shape.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

I couldn't help but chuckle at this

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                    Depending on the fracture, it could have a lot to do with it.

If it's a stress fracture, it means he hasn't been running and his bones therefore aren't ready for the rigors of training camp. You need to build up bone strength gradually, and stress fractures occur when you go from sitting on the couch to heavy exercise.

It could also mean he's way overwieght - more weight means more pressure on the foot bones, which can lead to breaks.

Anyway, I see your point - a fracture isn't proof that he's out of shape. But the likelihood of those injuries increases when you're out of shape.
                    That's true. The only thing I could think of was my nephew doing that last year. It was broken in 2 places, got screws put in and everything, but the kid is in excellent shape. 6'3" 6 pack abs and all.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Im sorry but your a football player who blows off the combine, still ends up in the first round. Then holds out longer than anyone but Crabtree, gets a 42 mil contract and shows up at camp 34 frickin pounds overweight. Breaks foot ?

What a surprise.

BTW the info that he was 34 pounds overweight is being broadcast on ESPN this morning. He has lost 6 pounds since then. He also has a weight clause in his contract that Cincy is supposedly going to invoke.
                      Last edited by Billz_fan; 09-02-2009, 11:13 AM.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Did ESPN do a little story on him during his holdout to say how hard he was working during it? He was supposedly losing weight than also.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          Did ESPN do a little story on him during his holdout to say how hard he was working during it? He was supposedly losing weight than also.
                          Unfortunatly I don't think anyone brought a scale to his workouts
                          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

What is the source on this thread? Other report have Smith out only 2-4 weeks not, indefinitely. Whatever the source is, this is craptastic reporting.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

I don't know the source of this thread.

What I was saying was reported by Adam Schefter on ESPN today and still airing.

That Andre has a broken foot and will be out "several weeks" He then goes on to say that Andre showed up 34 pounds overweight and Cincy is going to invoke the weight clause of his contract. Andre has lost 6 pounds since reporting to camp.
                              The Polian Curse

Comment

Working...
                              X