PDA

View Full Version : Hardy still hopeful

Yasgur's Farm
09-02-2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/hardy-still-hopeful/822c0c9d-4d94-44ab-aad9-0fe7cc6820a3

My view...

1) There's no logical reason to call this young man a bust... He has too much talent and upside, and it's too early in his career for that sort of talk. Negative talk about him is ignorant and screams of another agenda (Steve Johnson jock sniffer).

2) It makes sense to me to keep him with the club EVEN IF IT MEANS HE'S NOT READY UNTIL AFTER THE BYE! With Owens and Reed in their final year, we're gonna be desperate for contribution from Hardy in 2010. We need to pay the price in '09 for success in '10. We'll benefit greatly for his experience gained this season

Mr. Pink
09-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I have no personal agenda on the guy.

From what I did see of the guy, he doesn't use his size, doesn't run crisp routes, doesn't have good hands. The injury he has suffered does zero favors for his further development.

While it's a little premature right now to label him as a bust persay, he's on his way to that status, based on all the information we know on him today.

Does this mean in 2 years he cannot overcome these obstacles? Absolutely not. But even the biggest optimist on this board can't say they're not concerned with him never being a contributor.

gil
09-02-2009, 07:37 PM
My view...

1) There's no logical reason to call this young man a bust... He has too much talent and upside, and it's too early in his career for that sort of talk. Negative talk about him is ignorant and screams of another agenda (Steve Johnson jock sniffer)

so, why even start a post if you already call anyone who disagrees with you names?

yes, he has upside, so have many many many players who never made it - but I do agree it's early and I want to see what he can do when he's healthy too

psubills62
09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/hardy-still-hopeful/822c0c9d-4d94-44ab-aad9-0fe7cc6820a3

My view...

1) There's no logical reason to call this young man a bust... He has too much talent and upside, and it's too early in his career for that sort of talk. Negative talk about him is ignorant and screams of another agenda (Steve Johnson jock sniffer).

2) It makes sense to me to keep him with the club EVEN IF IT MEANS HE'S NOT READY UNTIL AFTER THE BYE! With Owens and Reed in their final year, we're gonna be desperate for contribution from Hardy in 2010. We need to pay the price in '09 for success in '10. We'll benefit greatly for his experience gained this season

I'd love to give him another year after this at least to show something. Right now he seems very motivated, especially with T.O. here and learning from him.

SABURZFAN
09-02-2009, 08:34 PM
how long do we give him before we start fitting him for a bra?

BillsWin
09-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I like Hardy. I like Johnson. We drafted two good WRs last year.

Dr. Pepper
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
my gut feeling says that Johnson will have a better career than Hardy, but Hardy should end up being a major red zone threat. Next season we'll need them both, seeing that Parrish, Reed, and TO should all be gone.

trapezeus
09-03-2009, 08:49 AM
in the buffalo news they were talking about the receivers they would keep and it looks like hardy is on the bubble. if the bills can move parrish, then he can squeak on. If they can't, then he is going to have to be moved to the PUP list.

That link really worried me. hardy's interview is so non-commital. he's trying to say the right things, but he has a lot of doubt with regards to the injury and it seems to say he doubts his ability at this higher level.

Putting him on the PUP list is going to be a disappointment because in this terrible year, he should be getting whatever practice he can and getting as ready for 2010 as possible. if he misses up to 10 weeks, he'll pretty much be a bust and way behind schedule.

DMBcrew36
09-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Steve Johnson has a better nose for the ball than Hardy (from what I've seen); Johnson is more aggressive at getting the ball and making sure he reels it in.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Hardy is not ready to play, as is evident from his preseason. He will be put on the PUP list. He will not be cut, because he has a ton of upside.

TedMock
09-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Hardy is not ready to play, as is evident from his preseason. He will be put on the PUP list. He will not be cut, because he has a ton of upside.

I agree with you. Plus, it is way to early to have a ton of concern. He certainly needs to develope better fundamentals, but he was a rookie last year and he's injured this year. Realistically, we won't have a good feel of him until December 2010. At that point we can start talking. I'm also curious to see how Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas do this year in Washington. Both were huge disappointments as rookies, much like Hardy, and both were on the list who many thought the Bills would go after last year.

trapezeus
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
i guess the reason for concern for me if he doesn't play is that he was raw last year, the knocks on him through camp is that he's still raw and can't perform daily. if he isn't playing until week 10, that means his 2010 season is going to still be raw for him, and he most likely won't be surrounded byTO to coach him up. if he could be exposed to everything now and let it sink in, then 2010 is potentially looking good forhim.