PDA

View Full Version : More excuses and hot air coming from the FO

SabreEleven
09-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Sabres GM Regier says deals hard to come by

Darcy Regier says he tried. The Buffalo Sabres general manager made calls this summer, trying to make trades to better his organization or give players a fresh start. But the reception was as cool as those 50-degree August nights, and trades anywhere in the NHL were virtually non-existent.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/783286.html

What? Nobody wants our overpaid crappy players? Shocker....

bigbub2352
09-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Thank God someone posted this
What a Joke Darcy is
Every single year he says the exact same thing no one is doing anything and we stacked our roster with bargain bums so we have some tuff choices
what is the problem with Mancari? last time i checked u dont have to be the best skater in the world to sit in front of the net ? also u cant find a spot o nthe power play for a converted winger who used to play D with a 102mph slap shot? Mancari could easily play the point and put the puck on net not like half our Dman cant
no one wants Hecht? Lydman? Tallinder?
cant get picks or prospects for them to clear the way for prospects to play?
Darcy sucks and so does Quinn
u think by adding a bum in McCormick and an old Grier is all we need to get over the hump?
oh yeah forgot about powerhouse Ellis and Joe Dipenta too
nice offseason

RockStar36
09-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Not disagreeing with you guys, but I could see nobody wanting Tallinder or Lydman. Both are very mediocre and have relatively high salaries, along with expiring deals. Why trade for them now when you can have them for free next summer?

bigbub2352
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Not disagreeing with you guys, but I could see nobody wanting Tallinder or Lydman. Both are very mediocre and have relatively high salaries, along with expiring deals. Why trade for them now when you can have them for free next summer?
my philosphy would be dump there salaries like they should have last yr at the trade deadline and get their salaries off the books for say prospects or draft picks, this is Darcys in ability to move players unless we are getting the better end of the deal he wont make the trade
this clears room for guys like Mike Weber etc to make the team and develop not sit behind these **** Dman we have

BlackMetalNinja
09-03-2009, 01:42 PM
my philosphy would be dump there salaries like they should have last yr at the trade deadline and get their salaries off the books for say prospects or draft picks, this is Darcys in ability to move players unless we are getting the better end of the deal he wont make the trade
this clears room for guys like Mike Weber etc to make the team and develop not sit behind these **** Dman we haveAgain, this is based of the premise somebody actually wants to trade for those guys however...

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Again, this is based of the premise somebody actually wants to trade for those guys however...

Three years ago, these guys were near untouchable because they were so important to the team and now nobody wants them? I don't buy it. I would assume he values them way too high.

CuseJetsFan83
09-03-2009, 02:46 PM
but yet the rangers find someone they think they need, and kotalik gets a 3 yr/$9 mill deal?

bigbub2352
09-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Darcy is a robot GM and only does what scumbag Quinn allows

SabreEleven
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
but yet the rangers find someone they think they need, and kotalik gets a 3 yr/$9 mill deal?

This is a signing by the Rangers which isn't saying much. They always over pay and it never pans out for them.

Nighthawk
09-03-2009, 05:46 PM
This guy is such a joke that it really isn't even funny anymore. Can one organization become such a mediocrity so quickly like the Sabres have??? F'n joke of a franchise.

OpIv37
09-03-2009, 07:33 PM

you make a very good point.

However, all the trash that no one wants is on the team BECAUSE of Reiger (and maybe Quinn). So, he may be absolutely correct in that no one wants our trash, but it's still his ****ing fault for getting that trash in the first place.

Why must every single team I root for suck balls?

RockStar36
09-04-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm absolutely in the state of mind that if they traded Tallinder and Lydman for a dozen donuts and a large pizza it would be a good trade. The quicker their salary is off the books and younger guys are filling their spot, the better.

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm absolutely in the state of mind that if they traded Tallinder and Lydman for a dozen donuts and a large pizza it would be a good trade. The quicker their salary is off the books and younger guys are filling their spot, the better.

ONLY if the pizza had the little crunchy pepperoni. Otherwise, NO DEAL!

SabreEleven
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Is the Pizza Factory still on Borden Road and French? That was some great pizza growing up.

bigbub2352
09-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Is the Pizza Factory still on Borden Road and French? That was some great pizza growing up.
i believe it is i live near there, i grew up on Roz's down the street off french Rd best take out wings u can get

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I grew up in Riverside and they had some pretty damned good pizza places there. But old Bocces and now Milanos are my favorite.

trapezeus
09-04-2009, 04:41 PM
i like that the best part of this thread was the part that just talked about chickenwings.

Darcy is in a tough spot. i t hink we all agree with that. but the sabres need to stop making excuses and start making a winner. I realize that if trades are hard to come by, then you are more or less stuck with what you got. If no one wants tallinder, then you aren't going to get his salary off the books. That's the reality.

But still, shoot for the moon once and get a good acquisition that makes people care.

So typical in buffalo sports fandom. One sport has a good coach and no players...the other team has ok players but no coach.

OpIv37
09-04-2009, 09:59 PM

the worst part is that 2 years ago, I was a big fan of Tallinder. The dude was solid and I thought he was a steady presence. Man, he went downhill fast.

I've never been a fan of Lydman. He's too prone to mental mistakes. The guy will shut down Sydney Crosby for 2 1/2 periods then hand him a goal on a lazy clear. At least twice a game, he gives the opponent a great scoring opportunity.