X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Tampa Bay (wk2 opponent) fires OC Jagodzinski

Tampa has fired Offensive Coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski before he even coached in a regular season game.

This is related to the Bills because they are the week 2 opponent in the home opener. This is good news, although it may not mean all that much in the grand scheme. Every little edge helps.

The Bucs are a mess right now and I predict they'll win no more than 5 games this year. Their schedule is brutal.

That's 2 OCs fired before the season even begins (Gailey, KC). Crazy.

My guess here is that Jags completely disagreed with Leftwich being named the starter and it spiraled from there between him and HC Raheem Morris....?
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 09-03-2009, 10:08 AM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tampa Bay (wk2 opponent) fires OC Jagodzinski

Isn't he the guy that was coach of Boston College and then was fired because he interviewed for a Jets head coaching job? What a shame!

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coach Sal
      Tampa has fired Offensive Coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski before he even coached in a regular season game.

This is related to the Bills because they are the week 2 opponent in the home opener. This is good news, although it may not mean all that much in the grand scheme. Every little edge helps.

The Bucs are a mess right now and I predict they'll win no more than 5 games this year. Their schedule is brutal.

That's 2 OCs fired before the season even begins (Gailey, KC). Crazy.

My guess here is that Jags completely disagreed with Leftwich being named the starter and it spiraled from there between him and HC Raheem Morris....?
      I saw that. Jagodzinski was the one fired as BC's head coach for just interviewing for an NFL job, right? Yeah, I have to say that the Bucs look to be in horrible shape right now. They have very little passing attack. Not much talent at RB except for Ward. Defense is aging and doesn't seem to be as stout anymore. If there's one team on our schedule that can prevent us from going 0-16, I think it's them.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

There is absolutely no hope for the Bills if we lose to the Bucs. Jauron should be fired on the spot if we can't beat them at home. Plus, I'll have to hear cheers from the Bucs fans all day at the bar I go to, so we better win!

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Yeah, the Bucs appear to be the worst team on our schedule right now, so as far as I'm concerned this is pretty much a must win for us. I never say things like that and I know a lot can change from week 3 on, but this just seems like one we can't give away. A weak opponenet at home for our opener. No excuses. I don't care if we win ugly, but we have to come away with the win since we'll most likely be heading into the game 0-1.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Isn't he the guy that was coach of Boston College and then was fired because he interviewed for a Jets head coaching job? What a shame!

yeah.. it's him. he'll get another gig somewhere. he's a decent coach.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

It'll be like the San Fran game last year. I didn't think there was any way we would lose that one. Thank god I don't bet money on games, because I would've lost a ton.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

At least Tampa Bay is smart enough to fire people who aren't getting the job done. Buffalo gives them extensions.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                  At least Tampa Bay is smart enough to fire people who aren't getting the job done. Buffalo gives them extensions.
                  Yeah we have had a spell of PG (Pure Garbage) Coaches hired over the past 10 years. This same rule that is followed seems to be applied to the GM role as well. Not sure what we need to do but grabbing one of the sidelined HCs to come in or at least express our interest to them so the ball is rolling.
                  @Hemlepp53

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                    Yeah we have had a spell of PG (Pure Garbage) Coaches hired over the past 10 years. This same rule that is followed seems to be applied to the GM role as well. Not sure what we need to do but grabbing one of the sidelined HCs to come in or at least express our interest to them so the ball is rolling.
                    Besides Levy, who was a "good" coach, name a coach the Bills have who wasn't garbage? You'd have to go back to the '60's to find one. Levy was a adequate coach who was lucky to get all the talent he got. If he was as great as a coach as advertised the Bills would have won SB 25 and 28.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

I don't know, Wade got this team to the playoffs, multiple years.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

He had the left over talent from the Levy years.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          I don't know, Wade got this team to the playoffs, multiple years.
                          Look what Wade is doing now. He cant get a decent team to win when it counts...
                          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            Besides Levy, who was a "good" coach, name a coach the Bills have who wasn't garbage? You'd have to go back to the '60's to find one. Levy was a adequate coach who was lucky to get all the talent he got. If he was as great as a coach as advertised the Bills would have won SB 25 and 28.
                            Very True. I am 33 so i cant go that far back but you are correct Levy was the best we have had in nearly a 1/2 century. **** that sounds bad....
                            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

So than I guess it falls back on Wilson

Comment

Working...
                              X