PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay (wk2 opponent) fires OC Jagodzinski

Coach Sal
09-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Tampa has fired Offensive Coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski before he even coached in a regular season game.

This is related to the Bills because they are the week 2 opponent in the home opener. This is good news, although it may not mean all that much in the grand scheme. Every little edge helps.

The Bucs are a mess right now and I predict they'll win no more than 5 games this year. Their schedule is brutal.

That's 2 OCs fired before the season even begins (Gailey, KC). Crazy.

My guess here is that Jags completely disagreed with Leftwich being named the starter and it spiraled from there between him and HC Raheem Morris....?

Michael82
09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Isn't he the guy that was coach of Boston College and then was fired because he interviewed for a Jets head coaching job? What a shame! :(

psubills62
09-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Tampa has fired Offensive Coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski before he even coached in a regular season game.

This is related to the Bills because they are the week 2 opponent in the home opener. This is good news, although it may not mean all that much in the grand scheme. Every little edge helps.

The Bucs are a mess right now and I predict they'll win no more than 5 games this year. Their schedule is brutal.

That's 2 OCs fired before the season even begins (Gailey, KC). Crazy.

My guess here is that Jags completely disagreed with Leftwich being named the starter and it spiraled from there between him and HC Raheem Morris....?

I saw that. Jagodzinski was the one fired as BC's head coach for just interviewing for an NFL job, right? Yeah, I have to say that the Bucs look to be in horrible shape right now. They have very little passing attack. Not much talent at RB except for Ward. Defense is aging and doesn't seem to be as stout anymore. If there's one team on our schedule that can prevent us from going 0-16, I think it's them.

cocamide
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
There is absolutely no hope for the Bills if we lose to the Bucs. Jauron should be fired on the spot if we can't beat them at home. Plus, I'll have to hear cheers from the Bucs fans all day at the bar I go to, so we better win!

Ed
09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah, the Bucs appear to be the worst team on our schedule right now, so as far as I'm concerned this is pretty much a must win for us. I never say things like that and I know a lot can change from week 3 on, but this just seems like one we can't give away. A weak opponenet at home for our opener. No excuses. I don't care if we win ugly, but we have to come away with the win since we'll most likely be heading into the game 0-1.

SABURZFAN
09-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Isn't he the guy that was coach of Boston College and then was fired because he interviewed for a Jets head coaching job? What a shame! :(

yeah.. it's him. he'll get another gig somewhere. he's a decent coach.

cocamide
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
It'll be like the San Fran game last year. I didn't think there was any way we would lose that one. Thank god I don't bet money on games, because I would've lost a ton.

SabreEleven
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
At least Tampa Bay is smart enough to fire people who aren't getting the job done. Buffalo gives them extensions.

Hemlepp53
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
At least Tampa Bay is smart enough to fire people who aren't getting the job done. Buffalo gives them extensions.

Yeah we have had a spell of PG (Pure Garbage) Coaches hired over the past 10 years. This same rule that is followed seems to be applied to the GM role as well. Not sure what we need to do but grabbing one of the sidelined HCs to come in or at least express our interest to them so the ball is rolling.

SabreEleven
09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah we have had a spell of PG (Pure Garbage) Coaches hired over the past 10 years. This same rule that is followed seems to be applied to the GM role as well. Not sure what we need to do but grabbing one of the sidelined HCs to come in or at least express our interest to them so the ball is rolling.

Besides Levy, who was a "good" coach, name a coach the Bills have who wasn't garbage? You'd have to go back to the '60's to find one. Levy was a adequate coach who was lucky to get all the talent he got. If he was as great as a coach as advertised the Bills would have won SB 25 and 28.

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't know, Wade got this team to the playoffs, multiple years.

SabreEleven
09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
He had the left over talent from the Levy years.

Hemlepp53
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't know, Wade got this team to the playoffs, multiple years.
Look what Wade is doing now. He cant get a decent team to win when it counts...

Hemlepp53
09-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Besides Levy, who was a "good" coach, name a coach the Bills have who wasn't garbage? You'd have to go back to the '60's to find one. Levy was a adequate coach who was lucky to get all the talent he got. If he was as great as a coach as advertised the Bills would have won SB 25 and 28.

Very True. I am 33 so i cant go that far back but you are correct Levy was the best we have had in nearly a 1/2 century. **** that sounds bad.... :tired:

SabreEleven
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
So than I guess it falls back on Wilson :ill:

trapezeus
09-03-2009, 12:25 PM
2 oc's fired before the season??? bah, the bills are behind the curve yet again.

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
2-0 headed into week three... wooooooo!!!!!! :btm: tom brady :monkeyp: bellicheat

bigbub2352
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
hire him here as offensive quality control coach, then he can be our OC after we fire Turk

TigerJ
09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Since the Tampa Bay game is the one I'll make this season, it's really good news. Maybe I'll finally get to be there in person for a Bills win.

justasportsfan
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Maybe we could trade Turk to tampa for an undisclosed draft pick. We'll even throw in Dick to sweeten the deal.

psubills62
09-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Jags for head coach!!

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Brian Billick.

Lexwhat
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM

It would've been even better if he was fired right AFTER Week 2 (meaning the "lowly" Bills Defense shut down the Bucs, leading to his immediate firing)...

psubills62
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Brian Billick.

Either way...at this point I'd rather have Bozo the Clown running the team.