PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrroooooon Maybin!

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Two weeks of practice and he already looks ALOT better than Kelsay or Denny.

Theres only way to go and it is UP!!!!

I havent seen the sack yet, but I cant wait.

OpIv37
09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
He does look good so far, but to put things in perspective, being better than Kelsay and Denney is like beating your 9 year old nephew at basketball.

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
He does look good so far, but to put things in perspective, being better than Kelsay and Denney is like beating your 9 year old nephew at basketball.

Dirt under my finger nails > Kelsay and Denney...

Goobylal
09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Forget comparing him to Kelsay and Denney. As was said, the guy hasn't even practiced for 2 whole weeks, and he already has a sack in each game played. And that's 2 more than Brian Orakpo in 3 games and a full training camp.

Nighthawk
09-03-2009, 07:49 PM

True, but he actually makes plays. Kelsay and Denney don't and never have.

OpIv37
09-03-2009, 07:53 PM
True, but he actually makes plays. Kelsay and Denney don't and never have.

hey.... that's not true. Denney decked Tom Brady once. Of course, it was after Brady took a knee and the play was over, and he got flagged for it. But that's not the point- he hit Brady, dammit!

Nighthawk
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
hey.... that's not true. Denney decked Tom Brady once. Of course, it was after Brady took a knee and the play was over, and he got flagged for it. But that's not the point- he hit Brady, dammit!

Ha, ha...my bad.

Hemlepp53
09-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I told you fellaz.... He is the future MONSTER pass rusher.... I have been saying this since he was draft.... WHERE IS JUICE????

Typ0
09-03-2009, 08:51 PM
He looks like the real deal and sounds focused on the bullseye. We might have actually gotten a good pick.

Raptor
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d8125b164/Pre-WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Maybin-making-plays

Lexwhat
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
The debate between who was the better pick -- Maybin or Orakpo -- probably won't be settled anytime soon.

Let's re-visit this thread halfway through the season.

Typ0
09-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I could care less about the "better pick" arguement they are guys in different situations. It would be nice to get guys that can play with the picks.

Nighthawk
09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d8125b164/Pre-WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Maybin-making-plays

Damn...his first step is scary!

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Maybin rocks.

billser
09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I would love to make this guy one of my favorite players. CMOONn Maybiiinnn

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
I didnt like the pick at first, but Raji was off the board so I kinda had to go along with it. (really, what choice do us fans have?) But I like him alot now. Ever since he signed his contract he has continued to grow on me. I think its safe to say I will be one of his biggest fans from now on. Maybe its because he shaved the number 78 onto the side of his head. Maybe his attitude just screams, "I love being a Bill!" or maybe its just because I'm alittle biased having played the defensive end position most of my own career in high school and college. Any reason it is, I love his potential, I love what Ive seen so far, and I love that he's a Buffalo Bill.

Oh and touchdown Boise State. 8-0 after the two-point conversion against Oregon.

Romes
09-03-2009, 10:13 PM
shades of jason taylor....

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I think we could all deal with that....

shades of jason taylor....

The Juice Is Loose
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
its preseason

career sacks are still 0

i'm glad he's signed i'm willing to watch thats for sure. i'd like to know what the holdout was over.

its a case where i hope i was wrong. but the way it was looking, crabtree still isn't signed, i didn't think he'd be signed by now.

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
its preseason

career sacks are still 0

i'm glad he's signed i'm willing to watch thats for sure. i'd like to know what the holdout was over.

its a case where i hope i was wrong. but the way it was looking, crabtree still isn't signed, i didn't think he'd be signed by now.

youre not supposed to be on this board anymore... :bs:

yordad
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
He was lightning quick on that sack. LTs are going to crapping their pants in fear of his edge rush.

mikemac2001
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
its preseason

career sacks are still 0

STFU

watch the video 3 sec sack, his first step is just wrong...thats what sold me he looked like bruce rounding the corner

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 10:36 PM
STFU

watch the video 3 sec sack, his first step is just wrong...thats what sold me he looked like bruce rounding the corner

noone can ever replace BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE... :boom: but his first step is wicked fast. This kid has got quick feet and good hands.

mikemac2001
09-03-2009, 10:41 PM
said looked like bruce....there is one bruce

but i havent seen that step in along time

BillsWin
09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
said looked like bruce....there is one bruce

but i havent seen that step in along time

oh I know what you said, I was just reiterating the fact that Bruce is a one of a kind player. :D

but you know what, he looks bigger than I thought on film and he is just so quick... That sack had Bruce like qualities, just the way he leaned his body into his blocker and used that to gain momentum and swing his body effectively sling-shotting himself into Stafford. Bruce used to always use his size and lean into a blocker like that, throwing up the inside elbow and use that to swing around to the QB.

So I get what you were saying. :up:

yordad
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Wowser, that first step looked more like Carl Lewis to me.

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I like the smarts he shows to come down with the arm onto stafford. I love the intensity but hes gotta calm down and leave his helmet on before he costs us a dumb penalty

Tatonka
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Forget comparing him to Kelsay and Denney. As was said, the guy hasn't even practiced for 2 whole weeks, and he already has a sack in each game played. And that's 2 more than Brian Orakpo in 3 games and a full training camp.

maybin can't be effective.. he is built like a wide receiver.. i read that here, so it must be true.

sdbillsfan2
09-03-2009, 11:59 PM
at last .....a glimmer of hope !

B-DON
09-03-2009, 11:59 PM
its preseason

career sacks are still 0

How come when things go right its just pre season but when we look like crap its the end of the world. This board is terrible for double standards

jamze132
09-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I was never huge fan of the Maybin pick but he has looked decent in two pre-season games. He's looked better than the ambiguously gay duo of Kelsay and Denney but unfortunately, our coaches are so ****ed up that they will take playing time away from the kid in preference to those two. Seriously, how does a guy who holds out all of camp come in with a week or so of practice and earn two sacks in two games while Schobel, Denney, and Kelsay combined for 0?

**** that. I'd rather watch Maybin start even though that might not be the best decision, but watching Kelsay and Denney each rush 10 yards past the QB opening up HUGE running lanes and escape routes, makes me sick.

mysticsoto
09-04-2009, 12:14 AM
It's early to get too happy - we need to see this kind of thing in real games. But he definitely looks promising. And given the fact that we have so little else to go on...

This sack was in the 1st qtr, so Maybin and Bryan were playing against 1st stringers...still keeping my fingers crossed that Kelsay is the guy we dump!!! :grovel:

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Good thing we didn't not sign him like some nutbag was advocating

Mahdi
09-04-2009, 07:49 AM
He needs to change his pads though. I dont like the Jeff Posey look.

jdbillsfan
09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Two weeks of practice and he already looks ALOT better than Kelsay or Denny.

Theres only way to go and it is UP!!!!

I havent seen the sack yet, but I cant wait.

Why not throw Schobel into that group. Does he make plays anymore?

Hemlepp53
09-04-2009, 08:01 AM

JUCIE IS LOOSE... :tap:... Regardless of the contract issues the Kid is here to play and he has shown he is a player. Regardless of the issues the majority of us had with him during the signing period, He is a Bill now and seems to be producing. Just like i have said. Maybin should be a monster by week 4 of the regular season after getting his feet wet on the field. Juice you need to admit you were wrong about his ability to play at that position and put your feeling about the kids want to get money. If he continues to produce like this throughout the season and grows into the position like i have said since day one he will be starting instead of Kelsay and we will all be happy we signed him... YOU WERE WRONG HE CAN PLAY BALL..... :nana: Size dont seem to be a factor with this one.... :wtf:

Meathead
09-04-2009, 08:04 AM
its hard to imagine a better early performance so far. every time he steps on the field hes making plays, including sacks on his first snap of practice and one early in each preseason game. hes forcing the ot/ol to adapt and that means more space to make plays for everybody. not to mention hes ran down enough tackles to make me notice he does that too. cant help but be excited for him

Hemlepp53
09-04-2009, 08:04 AM
How come when things go right its just pre season but when we look like crap its the end of the world. This board is terrible for double standards

Agreed... I still stand by my original statement... We will have a winning season and will win our first game of the season vs. the Pats... Maybin will be a huge factor in that game...

Bills Juggernaut
09-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Dammit!! I'm at work and for some reason I can only get video's on NFL.com to work half the time. Anyone know where else I can watch the video?

yordad
09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
STFU

watch the video 3 sec sack, his first step is just wrong...thats what sold me he looked like bruce rounding the cornerHHurrican says he looks slow. :(

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 08:32 AM

i decided to stay just piss off homo's with pictures of half naked men in their profile

Hemlepp53
09-04-2009, 08:53 AM
i decided to stay just piss off homo's with pictures of half naked men in their profile

LOL... nice... Got ya there Brother...

psubills62
09-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I like what I've seen from Maybin. I like the fact that (from what I've seen anyway), when he speed rushes the passer, if he doesn't get around the tackle quickly then he doesn't just keep running, he stops and spins back around and stays in position. Sort of how he got his first sack against Pittsburgh.

He's come along faster than I thought he would. Maybe he will contribute this year after all.

BillsWin
09-04-2009, 09:56 AM

oooooooo a sexual orientation joke! aren't you just a clever little girl.

really, that hurt. ouch. seriously, I may never recover. I bow down to your insult prowess...

:loser:

The last buffalo fan
09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
:clap: Maybin! :up:

yordad
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
i decided to stay just piss off homo's with pictures of half naked men in their profileThis post shows your insecurities. You're the one who said you were gone. I want you to stay, but if your going to, you should understand that after that thread, your gonna take some lumps.

BillsWin
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
This post shows your insecurities. You're the one who said you were gone. I want you to stay, but if your going to, you should understand that after that thread, your gonna take some lumps.

you should be comforting me yordad. he totally ripped me a new one... :sarcasm:

jamze132
09-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Juice's posts wreak of fairweather fandom.

colin
09-04-2009, 05:36 PM
maybin has just insane quicks, kearse type quicks. that's the base of almost all great pass rushers. i really think he will be our best pass rusher year 1 and help schoble to his best season in a while. if we can get 25 sacks form our front 4 (or even more!) our d becomes very very effective.

madness
09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
The best part was that he already started dissproving the size naysayers in his first game.

Rep 3 (3rd and 10): Going against Starks one-on-one, Maybin dips his shoulder and easily gets the edge.* When Roethlisberger steps up into the pocket, Maybin makes a nice counter-move against Starks, who isn't anywhere near the athlete Maybin is.* Good arm movements on his counter moves.* He may be light, but his long, chiseled arms allow him to hold up relatively well.* He's physical.* Maybin also got in a bit of a late hit on Roethlisberger on this play, gently nudging him to the turf well after the ball was thrown.

Rep 5 (3rd and 10): Lined up at left end, the only time he was lined up anywhere other than right end.* (Yes, that means he didn't take any reps at LB in the first half.)* He crashed inside on the play, allowing John McCargo to stunt outside him.* Got those long arms working against the guard and had a really nice push with his legs to collapse the pocket, but Roethlisberger was still able to deliver the ball.

Rep 6 (3rd and 4): This was his only red zone rep of the first half.* Rushed right at Starks, who looked like he had him stymied, but Maybin gave him a pop and Starks was instantly on his heels, reeling.* A nice blitz effort from Reggie Corner flushed Roethlisberger to the left, and as he'd already created separation, Maybin simply read the QB and wrapped Big Ben up for his first live NFL sack.