09-03-2009, 07:13 PM
:fit:
http://deadspin.com/5351898/why-your-team-sucks-buffalo-bills?skyline=true&s=x

casdhf
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
That was a great read!

OpIv37
09-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Labatts, Tim Hortons, and a 50 person brawl at Mighty Taco on a Friday night is considered "pregame".

This is supposed to be a bad thing? I rather enjoy it.

Mr. Pink
09-03-2009, 07:20 PM
It's an amusing read.

And I'm in 100% agreement with this...

"The only reason to go there is for some kind of wing pilgrimage. I've had the wings there. They're wings. They may have originated there, but you can get them in other, cooler places now. And they're just as good." Or bad, in my opinion.

I wonder what Thurm will have to say to that!

Dr. Pepper
09-03-2009, 07:21 PM
ive never had wings as good as Gabriel's Gate, Elmo's, or Duff's outside of Buffalo.

Scumbag College
09-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I've lived in Syracuse and the Bronx most of my life...

Buffalo isn't that bad.

OpIv37
09-03-2009, 07:28 PM
as someone who lives outside of Buffalo, I can honestly say that the further from Buffalo you get, the worse the wings get.

Rochester still has pretty good wings. Go south- by the time you hit the PA line the wings are already starting to suck. Sure, there are a few good outposts here and there, but I've lived in Northern VA for almost 8 years and I've found 3 places that have wings that are on par with those in Buffalo. There are a handful of other places that will do in desperate circumstances, but the wings anywhere else just aren't even worth ordering.

Maryland crab cakes, Buffalo wings, Rochester trash plates, Chicago pizza, Philly cheesesteaks- any regional delicacy- the further you get from the source, the worse it gets.

Thurmal
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
He's got one for every team. Read the Dolphins, Pats, and Jets ones. Hilarious.

patmoran2006
09-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Just so everyone knows, they did the same thing for each team in the league.. Every team is a worthy read.

Billz_fan
09-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I want some of whatever the drunk Bills fan in the video was drinking.

I disagree about the wings being just as good anywhere else. They aren't, here in Fl the only decent wings are at Crawford Ker's Winghouse.They aren't as good as home either but i gotta have something. I don't like Hooters much and all the small non chain places want so much money it's not worth it. Hell I can't find any decent Pizza here either.

OpIv37
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM

I disagree about the wings being just as good anywhere else. They aren't, here in Fl the only decent wings are at Crawford Ker's Winghouse.They aren't as good as home either but i gotta have something. I don't like Hooters much and all the small non chain places want so much money it's not worth it. Hell I can't find any decent Pizza here either.

Hooters breads their wings. Breaded wings can be good, but they're not Buffalo wings.

Billz_fan
09-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Hooters breads their wings. Breaded wings can be good, but they're not Buffalo wings.

Exactly ,to me they are no good the next day. The breading just pulls in all the grease after they sit overnight.

Mr. Pink
09-03-2009, 09:18 PM

That's funny. I can't find decent pizza here.

DMBcrew36
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
"Dick Jauron sounds like Ronald Reagan on quaaludes"

hmmm hahahaha

mercyrule
09-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Homemade wings are the best.

jamze132
09-04-2009, 01:09 AM
as someone who lives outside of Buffalo, I can honestly say that the further from Buffalo you get, the worse the wings get.

Rochester still has pretty good wings. Go south- by the time you hit the PA line the wings are already starting to suck. Sure, there are a few good outposts here and there, but I've lived in Northern VA for almost 8 years and I've found 3 places that have wings that are on par with those in Buffalo. There are a handful of other places that will do in desperate circumstances, but the wings anywhere else just aren't even worth ordering.

Maryland crab cakes, Buffalo wings, Rochester trash plates, Chicago pizza, Philly cheesesteaks- any regional delicacy- the further you get from the source, the worse it gets.
I agree for the most part but believe it or not, some of the best wings I have ever had were in Florida at this little place in the swamp called the Gator Inlet. You could drive through the swamp to get their or they had a dock if you wanted to arrive by boat. Outstanding wings!