PDA

View Full Version : just caught a few highlights and....

patmoran2006
09-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Watched the local news telecast, caught a few highlights.. One very good, and one very bad.

Good: Aaron Maybin looked like freegin Bruce Smith on the sack and forced fumble. . wow

Bad: Chris Ellis got pinched inside and Jon Corto missed a tackle on the long Detroit run.

(However, I've already spoken to a few media people at the game, and they all said Ellis looked good)

I also heard Nic Harris played very good, and that the TE play, particular from Schouman and Stupar was bad.

BILLSROCK1212
09-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Watched the local news telecast, caught a few highlights.. One very good, and one very bad.

Good: Aaron Maybin looked like freegin Bruce Smith on the sack and forced fumble. . wow

Bad: Chris Ellis got pinched inside and Jon Corto missed a tackle on the long Detroit run.

(However, I've already spoken to a few media people at the game, and they all said Ellis looked good)

I also heard Nic Harris played very good, and that the TE play, particular from Schouman and Stupar was bad.
I love how Maybin gets soooo pumped when he makes those plays....that's the spark our team needs.

yordad
09-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I think Stupar was the victim of an uncalled PI at least once, maybe twice. He did have one drop though. But, it was a product of turning to head down field before securing the ball, not hard hands.

Not counting that play, Ellis looked pretty good out there. Buggs and Harris both played well. As did Palmer. Bowen may have just become the odd man out.

I have decided I like Bryan over Denney.

patmoran2006
09-03-2009, 11:30 PM
I think Stupar was the victim of an uncalled PI at least once, maybe twice. He did have one drop though. But, it was a product of turning to head down field before securing the ball, not hard hands.

Not counting that play, Ellis looked pretty good out there. Buggs and Harris both played well. As did Palmer. Bowen may have just become the odd man out.

I have decided I like Bryan over Denney.
This is a from a knowledgeable buddy I spoke to who was at the game, I asked him how they looked.. he said (and I quote)

"dont know. didnt watch alot. spent more time smoking. .but i'll say this.. maybin, bryan and ellis are all better than denney"

raphael120
09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
we need to replace players like denney/kelsay and ellison and take chances on players that may have upside like ellis, harris. but this coaching staff is known for not letting players show their stuff because they dont want to upset the starter. they have to wait for a stater to get injured for them to do anything.

jamze132
09-04-2009, 12:17 AM
we need to replace players like denney/kelsay and ellison and take chances on players that may have upside like ellis, harris. but this coaching staff is known for not letting players show their stuff because they dont want to upset the starter. they have to wait for a stater to get injured for them to do anything.
That's one of the biggest problems I have with Dick.

Almost every other DE has looked better than Kelsay and Denney, yet they will get most of the reps when the action starts. It's sickening.

TacklingDummy
09-04-2009, 12:41 AM
"dont know. didnt watch alot. spent more time smoking. .but i'll say this.. maybin, bryan and ellis are all better than denney"

That's not saying much. Lecter is better than Denney.

tampabay25690
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM

Ellison is not going anywhere, like it or not.
He has been 1 of the shining lights on this defense in this preseason if you watched at all......

yordad
09-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Ellison is not going anywhere, like it or not.
He has been 1 of the shining lights on this defense in this preseason if you watched at all......I think "shining light" is kind of a strong term. But I would say he was surprisingly not bad.