• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Dick says he did Trent a "disservice" by not gameplanning for GB or Pitt

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim GrahamORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards finished the preseason with zero touchdown drives on 16 possessions.

Jauron admitted the coaching staff didn't adequately prepare Edwards for the debacles against the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers in Buffalo's third and fourth preseason games.

In those games, Edwards went a combined 13-of-24 for 76 yards and no touchdowns with two interceptions. He was sacked three times and lost a fumble.

"I felt that probably did him a disservice by not preparing him specifically for Green Bay and Pittsburgh," Jauron said. "We were in camp mode, and that's all we did. So I didn't want to do it a third time in a row.
    He also says that this whole week leading up to tonight's game has all been New England reps for Trent.

I actually think this is encouraging news...

Maybe Trent really wasn't prepared at all for the looks he would face from Pitt and GB.

Maybe its all just a pipe dream, or maybe Trent WILL be more prepared to play against the Pats.
    I am The Batman.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dick says he did Trent a "disservice" by not gameplanning for GB or Pitt

it tells me that somebody should be saying...

"Dick, you're fired".

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

It also means we were going vanilla and not playing against a specific style of defense. Meaning there may be more to this offense than what little we saw. Also T.O is coming back, and he should do wonders for Trent's confidence to throw down field and should help pull coverage from Lee over the top and Reed underneath.

Please people, I want to have faith in my team... Tell me this is a possibility!!!

I am The Batman.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
        • Jul 2009

So let me get this straight. Not only are we not practicing against 3-4 defenses but we don't even game plan for the teams we are going to play.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ground Chuck
          So let me get this straight. Not only are we not practicing against 3-4 defenses but we don't even game plan for the teams we are going to play.
          yet another way this team keeps pulling a Dick.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

Big revelation there Dick. What a clown.
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Why game plan or practice against two very good examples of the style of defense that gave Edwards fits last year, that he's going to see a whole lot of from the 3 teams in their own division that each swept us last year, during the time of year when the games don't count that is specifically for practicing and working out kinks.. Makes perfect sense to me!

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                • Apr 2005

Did Dick mention the "disservice " he's been giving the fans with his sub par 7-9 records ?

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin
                  It also means we were going vanilla and not playing against a specific style of defense. Meaning there may be more to this offense than what little we saw. Also T.O is coming back, and he should do wonders for Trent's confidence to throw down field and should help pull coverage from Lee over the top and Reed underneath.

Please people, I want to have faith in my team... Tell me this is a possibility!!!

I was saying this last yesterday when i mentioned in another thread how suspicious they have been. Early in training camp it was bombs away everyday. The Bills website had highlight reels everday of big plays, and then they showed them on the evening news. For the past 3 or 4 weeks there have been hardly any at all. They completely shut it down. Paul Hamilton on WGR550 said this week that the media didn't see anything but short passes and screens.

Lee Evans said Monday that he was bummed about the offense until the meeting Monday when he said the coaches seemed to have a substantial plan.

A poster on the other message board said he heard Steve Tasker say that he watched Bills training camp all season and knows they have more "gears" to the offense. Ray Bentley then said he KNOWS the Bills haven't showed any preseason teams their offense.

I really think they are keeping things underwraps... under standing how Bill Belichick likes to spy.
                  Last edited by Commissioner; 09-04-2009, 12:09 AM.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JJamezz
                    Why game plan or practice against two very good examples of the style of defense that gave Edwards fits last year, that he's going to see a whole lot of from the 3 teams in their own division that each swept us last year, during the time of year when the games don't count that is specifically for practicing and working out kinks.. Makes perfect sense to me!
                    If they think they've got a good offense to go up against an elite team week 1... why show them that offense when the game doesn't mean anything?
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Commissioner
                      I was saying this last yesterday when i mentioned in another thread how suspicious they have been. Early in training camp it was bombs away everyday. The Bills website had highlight reels everday of big plays, and then they showed them on the evening news. For the past 3 or 4 weeks there have been hardly any at all. They completely shut it down. Paul Hamilton on WGR550 said this week that the media didn't see anything but short passes and screens.

Lee Evans said Monday that he was bummed about the offense until the meeting Monday when he said the coaches seemed to have a substantial plan.

A poster on the other message board said he heard Steve Tasker say that he watched Bills training camp all season and knows they have more "gears" to the offense. Ray Bentley then said he KNOWS the Bills haven't showed any preseason teams their offense.

I really think they are keeping things underwraps... under standing how Bill Belichick likes to spy.
                      This isn't against you because I think you are correct...

I am seriously laughing out loud at the notion of Dick Jauron trying to outsmart any NFL coach, much less BILL BELICHICK!

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

This coach is a ****ing joke.

Don't prepare your QB to play against 3-4 defenses when it's a known fact he stuggles MIGHTILY against them..not to mention all the teams in our division play the 3-4 and make up 6 games in our schedule.

You know, for being from an Ivy League school, this guy is completely ******ed when it comes to football.

FIRE THIS SACK OF GARBAGE!!!!!!

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin

HA! we're going "vanilla".

since when is going vanilla meaning that our starting QB play is the worst of all the starting QBs in the league?

other teams are playing "vanilla" schemes and they don't look like total garbage. theyre scoring TD's. theyre not going to all of a sudden know how to score once regular season hits. nothing in our past 3 seasons proves this coaching staff is capable of putting together a productive offense. theyve been ranked 25th or worse every year in offense.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

SHOULD HAVE NEVER OF BEEN HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Not practicing against a 3-4 defense is inexcusable.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X