PDA

View Full Version : Did we really kick a 24 yard FG?

historypete
09-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Seriously? I don't know why I'm surprised, but can someone on this staff use some common sense and in the process grow a set. Actually, I'm not surprised. I'd actually be floored if they went for it.

First of all, this team hasn't seen the Red Zone since, well I can't remember when. So why not go for it on, I'm assuming 4th and Goal. What the hell do we have to lose?

I guess more than anything that type of call symbolizes what the Jauron staff is about, even though it is a meaningless (and I mean this in terms of win-loss only) game. They always wimp out and never have the balls to attack. The philosophy simply is get close enough and kick the field goal. That is simply the play to not lose strategy which ironcially always seems to lead to a loss. Hopefully this will end soon, but it looks like another long season before some semblance of sanity returns.

Jan Reimers
09-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Seriously? I don't know why I'm surprised, but can someone on this staff use some common sense and in the process grow a set. Actually, I'm not surprised. I'd actually be floored if they went for it.

First of all, this team hasn't seen the Red Zone since, well I can't remember when. So why not go for it on, I'm assuming 4th and Goal. What the hell do we have to lose?

I guess more than anything that type of call symbolizes what the Jauron staff is about, even though it is a meaningless (and I mean this in terms of win-loss only) game. They always wimp out and never have the balls to attack. The philosophy simply is get close enough and kick the field goal. That is simply the play to not lose strategy which ironcially always seems to lead to a loss. Hopefully this will end soon, but it looks like another long season before some semblance of sanity returns.
The field goal is our chief offensive weapon, on those rare occasions when we get close enough to try one, that is. I think we missed a 33 yarder earlier, so I guess Dickless felt we needed a little more practice.

yordad
09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
I would have kicked it.

psubills62
09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't mind...Lindell is the only Buffalo Bill I have in fantasy :chuckle:

Beastie Bills
09-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm so glad I drafted Lindell in my fantasy league last night.