PDA

View Full Version : Preseason is finally over!

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Allright guys, we've had our things to argue about over the last 3-4 weeks. It seems like such a long time since we saw TO in those throwback whites at the HOF game.

Maybin is now signed. Wood is lookin good. Levitre? Not so much.

Obviously preseason has been a struggle, but you know what it? Its the regular season now!

For the last week we've (supposedly) been preparing for New England. Trents first action ever was against them, only with what I suspect will end up being a better defense. (I think their D dropped off this year)

I don't know about you guys, and I can't wait. But the main point that I wanted to make in this thread is that it's time to stop worrying about Jauron.

The players gotta make plays. They should know their system now, and although I would like to see us switch to a 3-4 like many of you, plenty of teams are using the Tampa 2 and doing so successfully, so there are no excuses there.

I'm very excited to see this team get going. It may all be a disaster, it may not. But one thing is for sure, this team won't ever give up and will fight til the end. I know that much. I know they (the players) have heart.

I'm going to stand by my 10-6 prediction even though all evidence this preseason has told me to lower it. TO is here and he's going to save us. Maybe I'm putting too much on TO, but hey, I think he's the man.

LETS CIRCLE THE WAGONS *****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!

psubills62
09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
It seems to me that the Ravens and Patriots are actually switching more to a 4-3 alignment. You almost have to wonder if the 3-4 is "going out of style" per se. Although I'm not sure why that would be since a lot of teams are still having success with it. I think for Baltimore and NE, it's mainly a personnel decision. Fewer good OLB's and more good DL-men.

I don't mind staying with the 4-3 as long as we get someone aggressive to run it. Someone in the mold of an unpredictable Jim Johnson, perhaps.

mybills
09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
I watched a few games last night and it was all about who had the best scrubs.

The Jets have Ainge looking better than Senchez (who only had 1 drive) and he's not even their starter. Then you have Vick playing with the Eagles, and he got sacked how many times? 4? 5? I thought he looked a bit rusty, but he got more RY's than PY's so that was no surprise. Caught the Giants' scrubs kicking NE's ass 20-0 only to have NE's scrubs come back & win it. And then there's the Seahawks game..scrubs there, too. It wasn't about starters, that's for sure.

The reason I mention this is because they'll all have their final roster ready for the reg season, and that's why it counts more than preseason. There's going to be a huge difference. Our starters playing an entire game could end up being 4th quarter come back killers out there. so I need to see an entire reg season game before I call this team a total bust. I am looking forward to watching them play as a whole unit. I am hoping they ignore the most stupid play calling from Jauron and successfully do their own thing, then Jauron might wake up a little. I'm also hoping Trent was just playing dumb like a raccoon with rabies. :doh:

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I can definately see this team being a "2nd half" team. Which if you remember, back to the early 90's, we were a 2nd half team, definately.

Elway and Kelly always had tons of "come from behind wins". Well one factor that people don't pay attention to is, hey, you have to be losing to come from behind.

That said, this team had some signs of that last year, as Trent had a few come from behind games. Its part of life and its part of football. Games have lead changes. I think this team could come together well and end up winning 10 games. Our six division games are going to be our toughest, I feel.

I'm not afraid of the Saints. They always put up points but find a way to lose. I'm not safraid of the Bucs, either. Who just fired their offensive coordinator a week before the season!

If we have a solid game against New England and follow it up with wins vs. Tampa and New Orleans, this team could be 2-1 and gain some confidence.

Momentum, confidence, those are huge factors that you can only have when you win. Most of these guys are young, and it's going to need to break the ice this season!

Mike13
09-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Elway and Kelly always had tons of "come from behind wins". Well one factor that people don't pay attention to is, hey, you have to be losing to come from behind.

Edwards doesnt even come close to Elway or Kelly.