PDA

View Full Version : Jauron getting too prepared

northernbillfan
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I have a concern over Jauron not starting TE and crew yesterday. Last week he said perhaps he should be better prepared for a game, well DUH! This week he decided not to start Trent because, and I quote "We started preparing Trent for New England and gave him all New England reps up to this game. We just decided it was better not to put him in there again with no preparation for another opponent."

My question is isn't the best preparation some actual game play even if it's only for one series? Or am I making too much out of this and Jauron is right holding Trent out getting ready for the mighty NE machine?

Pinkerton Security
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
I def think Jauron is so smart, he actually outsmarts himself

cocamide
09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Overpreparing is never a problem for Jauron and co.

northernbillfan
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I def think Jauron is so smart, he actually outsmarts himself:roflmao: Amen brutha

northernbillfan
09-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Overpreparing is never a problem for Jauron and co.Buit he was looking too far ahead when he knows there are things that still needed to be worked out in the final preseason game.

Philagape
09-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Facing Detroit's 4-3 is just a tad different than New England, so it's true that it has no "preparation" value.
However, a few reps to avoid rust and practice the basics in game conditions are called for.

Captain gameboy
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Stand by for the biggest upset in three years, and the vindication of Mr. Dick.

This September surprise will dwarf the baseball postseason.

"Down Goes Brady!"

cocamide
09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Despite everything, I still have the slightest bit of hope for the New England game. Our opener last year was by far our best game of the season (albeit against a much lesser opponent than New England) and we played well after our bye against San Diego. Maybe Jauron would be decent if he always had two weeks to put together a game plan.

elltrain22
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
We're gonna get spanked.

cocamide
09-04-2009, 09:23 AM
We're gonna get spanked.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Typ0
09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Is playing a few series really going to make more difference to overcome the injury factor? I don't think so.

trapezeus
09-04-2009, 09:28 AM
i think maybe by making peace that the bills are going to get spanked like a misbehaving child actually may set the karma in motion for a win. Somehow, i feel like until you totally give in, nothing is going to change.

I am expecting for a 34-10 thrashing, but hoping for a win. And that's why we watch the games.

psubills62
09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Is playing a few series really going to make more difference to overcome the injury factor? I don't think so.

I agree with this.

If we were starting a rookie QB, I'd be much more inclined to get him playing time. But since most of our offense (minus the rookie OL-men) has plenty of game experience, the injury risk isn't worth it.

northernbillfan
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm just hoping this isn't a trend he sets for the rest of the season. I hope I don't hear him say "We know these guys (Jets) inside and out, so we are preparing for CArolina."

casdhf
09-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't care what we do. I want to see something out of Jauron. If he has a competent plan in place I'll be very happy.

Typ0
09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm just hoping this isn't a trend he sets for the rest of the season. I hope I don't hear him say "We know these guys (Jets) inside and out, so we are preparing for CArolina."

are you serious? You are comparing the last preseason game with one of the games on the 16 game schedule. That's rediculous.

northernbillfan
09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
are you serious? You are comparing the last preseason game with one of the games on the 16 game schedule. That's rediculous.Am I serious? NO! It was a joke.