PDA

View Full Version : VAN PELT TO THE RESCUE!!

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
WOW!

I did NOT see this one coming! When I just read that I was like "Oh ***"...Then I read those words...

Alex Van Pelt.

I'll put my life on him doing better than Turk. I f'n love AVP!

Canadian'eh!
09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Because he's helped out Trent Edwards development at QB so effectively???

(this is called sarcasm)

Mike13
09-04-2009, 11:12 AM
You guys are ****ed.

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Who do u think has a bigger effect on a QB? The QB coach or the OC?

Who draws up the gameplan? We've seen horrible, horrible play calling. Obviously I don't have NFL gamefilm, so on bad plays/sacks where the QB holds the ball too long, I can't see the receivers and what their doing. So IDK what type of pass plays are being called.

But I do know the use and timing of the running game is terrible. I don't feel that the style of play calling that Schonert had did a darn thing to help our players.

Maybe when Trent drops back to throw the defense knew EXACTLY what Schonerts habits were and just actually had things covered? If you can get a defense off balance, guys will be WIDE OPEN regularly.

DO we know what AVP will call? No. Nobody does. Not even Bill Bellicheck.

Mike13
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
The system would be the same, it would be foolish to try something different at this point.

gil
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
This couldn't have been handled in the other thread? We just needed the Juice's unique perspective?

Meathead
09-04-2009, 11:21 AM
well pudge always has been a pretty smart football man. he was always the most knowledgeable qb on the roster even if he didnt have comparable physical skills. he may or may not end up a good oc but i wouldnt bet against him

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Who do u think has a bigger effect on a QB? The QB coach or the OC?

Who draws up the gameplan? We've seen horrible, horrible play calling. Obviously I don't have NFL gamefilm, so on bad plays/sacks where the QB holds the ball too long, I can't see the receivers and what their doing. So IDK what type of pass plays are being called.

But I do know the use and timing of the running game is terrible. I don't feel that the style of play calling that Schonert had did a darn thing to help our players.

Maybe when Trent drops back to throw the defense knew EXACTLY what Schonerts habits were and just actually had things covered? If you can get a defense off balance, guys will be WIDE OPEN regularly.

DO we know what AVP will call? No. Nobody does. Not even Bill Bellicheck.

yordad
09-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Is Trent even the starter still?

bigbub2352
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
promote from within is not the answer what has AVP done ? fail with Fitz Edwards JP etc
jeeeeeeeez we are in trouble 10 days before the Pats we r ****ed

Thurmal
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
WOW!

I did NOT see this one coming! When I just read that I was like "Oh ***"...Then I read those words...

Alex Van Pelt.

How can you "love" Van Pelt? I mean, he's lovable in a "I'm fat and unathletic but still managed to cobble together a fairly long NFL career" type of way, but you can't be psyched about having him calling the plays for the season.

casdhf
09-04-2009, 12:01 PM
WOW!

Alex Van Pelt.

I'll put my life on him doing better than Turk. I f'n love AVP! Talk about win/win. You either take your life, or we have a good offense!

elltrain22
09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
You guys are ****ed.

Thats putting it mildly. We may seriously not win a game.

don137
09-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I really have no faith in AVP. His career seems to be based on being at right place at the right time. This is another example. I am not even sure if he is qualified to be a QB coach let alone an offensive coordinator. Trent lacks confidence and I feel the coaching staff has not prepared him to become an NFL QB. That falls on the shoulders of Dick, Turk and AVP.
It is now becoming more apparent than ever that Dick should of been let go at the end of last year and everyone but April should of been showed the door.

Michael82
09-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Sweet! This means we can end the Trent Edwards experiment and have our pick of the best available QB. I want Sam Bradford! :pray:

DMBcrew36
09-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Watch Van Pelt become the Bills head coach next season...

Michael82
09-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I really have no faith in AVP. His career seems to be based on right place at the right time. I am not even sure if he is qualified to be a QB coach let alone a offensive coordinator. Trent lacks confidence and I feel the coach staff has not prepared him to become an NFL QB. That falls on the shoulders of Dick, Turk and AVP.
It is now becoming more apparent then ever that Dick should of been let go at the end of last year and everyone but April should of been showed the door.
And hopefully that will happen after the season and we will hire one of the best available head coaches and a new GM. :pray:

elltrain22
09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Sweet! This means we can end the Trent Edwards experiment and have our pick of the best available QB. I want Sam Bradford! :pray:

that would be nice
:pray:

Mad Bomber
09-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Sorry, Mikey, but you just might get him.

don137
09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
And hopefully that will happen after the season and we will hire one of the best available head coaches and a new GM. :pray:

Sadly, I can see Ralph waiting around again on a GM & head coach while the best ones out there get scooped up.

Mad Bomber
09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
WOW!

Alex Van Pelt.

I thought you were through with this team and this site. You said "*** THEM AND **** YOU" on this board.

That aside, I can understand that you were upset (and either drunk and/or :smoke:).

You're still here, and I have to agree with you.

I was sitting in HORRIBLE traffic on the Tappan Zee Bridge, and heard on ESPN radio that Schonert had been fired. My first reaction was "YES!!!!!" followed by "who the **** is gonna call our plays NEXT WEEK?

Beastie Bills
09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Talk about win/win. You either take your life, or we have a good offense!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hemlepp53
09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
It is just one step closer to The Old Man firing Dick....

JD
09-04-2009, 12:28 PM
3-13... how harmonic for Dick, coming in big with 13-3 and going out small 3-13 GTFO

historypete
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I do not envy Van Pelt right now. I actually feel bad for him in a way. Hopefully he can breathe some life into Edwards and this offense. Overall though, this is clearly a desperation move that I think in the end will have very little effect on the season. I think with Jauron still at the helm we are doomed regardless. Hopefully, Jauron won't be far behind Schonert when this is all over.

raphael120
09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
AVP didn't help Edwards deal with the 3-4, so we suck still.

0-3 and we'll fire Jauron too.

Why is firing an unproven OC with an unproven QB coach going to solve ****?

Mad Bomber
09-04-2009, 12:35 PM
WOW!

Alex Van Pelt.

I'll put my life on him doing better than Turk. I f'n love AVP! I haven't responded to a lot of your posts, but as a lifetime Bills fan, and one of the first members of the Billszone, allow me to say this....

You posted that you were done with this team and this site....you said something to the effect of "****THEM and ***** you". That put a lot of people on this site off.

I agree with your post.

Here's a nickel's worth of free advice...before you post an emotional (ALL CAPS) rant where you include Zoners as part of your rant ("**** YOU TOO), just put down the pipe, take a deep breath, and tell us what you REALLY think. I say that because you said that you were THROUGH WITH THIS PLACE.

Since you have said that you have not only posted a lot, but you have started a LOT of threads. IMO, a lot of these threads have been pretty good.

When you're pissed off, THINK before you enter the thread into the Zone.

BTW....to the ADMINS....can I have THURM's MOD spot?

Michael82
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Sadly, I can see Ralph waiting around again on a GM & head coach while the best ones out there get scooped up.
:ill:

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
You aren't really serious though so the statement is misleading

Michael82
09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
i'm sorry, but to those of you excited about Alex Van Pelt are fools.... He's the same guy who has been working with Trent Edwards since he was a rookie and look how far he has gone backwards.... :ill: :puke:

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
i'm sorry, but to those of you excited about Alex Van Pelt are fools.... He's the same guy who has been working with Trent Edwards since he was a rookie and look how far he has gone backwards.... :ill: :puke:
Speak for yourself mike

Mad Bomber
09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't know how AVP will do. I'm not clairvoyant.

However, I DO know that Turk Schonert contributed to one of the worst offenses over the last few years, and the ABSOLUTE WORST offense this preseason.

I've been getting sick of looking at preseason scores and noticing that the ONE team that hasn't scored TDs is the BILLS!

Yeah, it's only preseason.....BUT....NO TDs??????? In FIVE freakin' games??????

I know that you don't want to play your hand before the season starts, but this is reinforcing negative tendencies. It's like you're going to the driving range as a golfer...every drive is weak and going either left or right. Your response: "hey, when I get onto the REAL course, I'm gonna drive it 325 yards down the middle".

Reality: you drive it 225 into the woods.

Mad Bomber
09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Speak for yourself mike
Welcome back, THURM!

BTW, talk to me, my friend.....I could do a HELL of a lot better on your baseball card than what you have in your avatar.

You don't want me to post some of the pics I did of you, do you???

madness
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
AVP might not be the OC we're looking for but I don't know how much worse he could be in the red zone. I think you could use Madden suggested plays and be more successful.

Historian
09-04-2009, 03:24 PM

I agree Mike.

Van Gut sucked as a player, and has been teaching Edwards his mechanics.

Why should we question his ability to run an offense.

But hey, he's a nice guy, right?

The only thing that surprises me is that Wilson didn't call Harvey Johnson.

Oh yea...he's dead.

Pinkerton Security
09-04-2009, 03:41 PM
My thoughts are:

1) We sucked horribly on offense for 6 years
2) We sucked this preseason
3) We actually fired the guy who is responsible for the offense

I just feel like i should be encouraged because at least they realize to some degree that we needed more help than an All-Pro WR on the downside of his career. I mean, they could have kept him all season, and based on how ugly this preseason was, that is a scary thought...

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Welcome back, THURM!

BTW, talk to me, my friend.....I could do a HELL of a lot better on your baseball card than what you have in your avatar.

You don't want me to post some of the pics I did of you, do you???
Whats wrong with the one in my avatar? I thought it was pretty good.... :(

BillsWin
09-04-2009, 05:09 PM
be careful bomber, when I brought up his goodbye thread he called me a homo. :loser:

I thought you were through with this team and this site. You said "*** THEM AND **** YOU" on this board.

That aside, I can understand that you were upset (and either drunk and/or :smoke:).

You're still here, and I have to agree with you.

I was sitting in HORRIBLE traffic on the Tappan Zee Bridge, and heard on ESPN radio that Schonert had been fired. My first reaction was "YES!!!!!" followed by "who the **** is gonna call our plays NEXT WEEK?

Miami_Vice
09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Whenever people say AVP, I think Alien vs Predator.