PDA

View Full Version : Jauron already using scapegoats

patmoran2006
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Jauron admitted to the media this past week that HE did a "disservice" to Trent Edwards by not game planning recent preseason games, instead focusing on a game plan for New England.

Not to come to the defense of Turk, but doesn't that make his job nearly impossible during presesaon games?

And then last night, in their final "tuneup", Jauron elects to sit Trent, Evans, Lynch and Josh Reed (not to mention Owens)

Predictably, the Bills offense fires a dud once again.

And then this morning,its TURK who gets fired?

Jauron is a smart guy. He's already found his cop out. You dont fire offensive coordinators 10 days before the regular season starts. If this was the move to make, it should've happened weeks if not months ago.

Jauron is a complete joke. I've seen far worse talented Bills teams in the past (on paper) but I cant EVER remember a head coach with such a low fan approval rating.. EVER..

casdhf
09-04-2009, 11:38 AM
He's the Obama of the NFL.

Dr. Lecter
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Jauron admitted to the media this past week that HE did a "disservice" to Trent Edwards by not game planning recent preseason games, instead focusing on a game plan for New England.

Not to come to the defense of Turk, but doesn't that make his job nearly impossible during presesaon games?

And then last night, in their final "tuneup", Jauron elects to sit Trent, Evans, Lynch and Josh Reed (not to mention Owens)

Jauron is a smart guy. He's already found his cop out. You dont fire offensive coordinators 10 days before the regular season starts. If this was the move to make, it should've happened weeks if not months ago.

Jauron is a complete joke. I've seen far worse talented Bills teams in the past (on paper) but I cant EVER remember a head coach with such a low fan approval rating.. EVER..

Except for Hank Bullough.

Just sayin'........

TheBrownBear
09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Exactly, Hank Bullough. Just saying his name makes me chuckle.

DMBcrew36
09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I hope Jauron actually says SOMETHING in the press conference. I'm sick of his vanilla non-descript wishy-wash answers. Grow a spine and say what you mean, DICK.

patmoran2006
Hank Bullough coached some ****TY teams though.

In my opinion, this is a mostly talented football team.

Philagape
Except for Hank Bullough.

Just sayin'........

Who, BTW, gave Dick his first coaching job. DBs, right here in 1985.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Thank you, Hank, for stretching your legacy into the 21st century.

DraftBoy
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Hank Bullough coached some ****TY teams though.

In my opinion, this is a mostly talented football team.

I dont see very much talent out there to be honest.

Mahdi
09-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Backs and Receivers are the only proven talent on this team. Stroud is in there too but thats it.

Canadian'eh!
09-04-2009, 11:47 AM

And he already has a built in excuse for the end of the year that AVP didn't have time to install his own O, or that he would have preferred to hire from outside, but the timing made it impossible.

But we'll look at the tape for next year.

Thurmal
09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
And when we suck again, it will be expected because, hey, what we we supposed to do with Van Pelt calling the shots?

Can you think of the last season where you hadn't abandoned nearly all hope by the end of preseason? 2005 maybe?

patmoran2006
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM

I do.. Maybe not 10 win/playoff talent. But certainly .500 level talent.

There is no way this team is going .500 this year with this coaching staff, I'll bet anyone, anything they want on it.

The Juice Is Loose
09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
You know? I disagree.

You can say what you want about Jaurons coaching style over his tenure here but what you can't do is say anything negative about his personality and willingness to accept blame.

When things have gone wrong he's stood up and said it was his fault. There is a lot that goes on in an NFL franchise that WE don't know about.

I honestly have a feeling, based on nothing other than my life experiences in organizations, that the players were probably complaining about Turk/play calling.

There is also the Ralph factor. He may have told Jauron to fire him. He's 100 years old, just made the HOF and he probably wants to compete this year.

AVP has been a part of the Bills franchise for a long time. They obviously probably have a great deal of respect for him both as a part of the Bills and as a person that can influence the offense and quarterback.

Whereas this may hurt us in the stretch due to AVP's relative inexperience, I feel it helps us in the short term as New England now has NOTHING it can count on. I personally am willing to bet money that AVP draws up much more creative gameplans.

TheBrownBear
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Our best player is 36 years old, and our second best player is the punter. That about says it all.

dasaybz
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM

This is total garbage. Jauron fired Turk because he was horrible, not because he needed an excuse. Jauron is definitely a stand up classy guy, he doesn't do that sort of ****. I think Jauron is brutal as a coach, but he's a good person. Maybe Turk shouldn't have sucked so bad ... he'd probably still have a job.

dasaybz
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Our best player is 36 years old, and our second best player is the punter. That about says it all.

Our 36 year old best player would be the best player on alot of teams.

SABURZFAN
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Dick is a dick.

patmoran2006
09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
This is total garbage. Jauron fired Turk because he was horrible, not because he needed an excuse. Jauron is definitely a stand up classy guy, he doesn't do that sort of ****. I think Jauron is brutal as a coach, but he's a good person. Maybe Turk shouldn't have sucked so bad ... he'd probably still have a job.
Again, not to defend Turk, but how can he properly do his job and have the offense looking good in preseason games when Jauron TOLD THE MEDIA he's done a "disservice" to Trent and the offense by literally not game planning for their opponents and instead focusing on the Patriots?

Hemlepp53
09-04-2009, 11:58 AM

Coach Dick Jauron... Is that you? Is Jauron a Zoner??????

Commissioner
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM

I respect you as a good poster, but I think you are jumping the gun here.

We don't know what really happened. Maybe there was a fight between them or some sort of disagreement about the offense. Maybe Russ Brandon demanded it. It's very unlike Jauron to fire one of his coaches. He was highly criticized for not firing his OC in Chicago.

I don't think Jauron was using him as a scape goat. That goes against his character. Remember the JP Losman fumble last year. Jauron said that was his call... which i doubt really was. He was taking the heat for Schonert.

Joe Fo Sho
09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Again, not to defend Turk, but how can he properly do his job and have the offense looking good in preseason games when Jauron TOLD THE MEDIA he's done a "disservice" to Trent and the offense by literally not game planning for their opponents and instead focusing on the Patriots?

Isn't it Jauron's job to find the right OC to get the offense prepared? He failed in getting them prepared in the preseason maybe because Turk didn't do his job.

Just sayin, maybe.

dasaybz
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Coach Dick Jauron... Is that you? Is Jauron a Zoner??????

I guess you can't ****ing read.

Did you see the part where I said he's brutal as a coach?

dasaybz
09-04-2009, 12:42 PM

You're right, it's impossible for him to do his job because Jauron doesn't gameplan in the preseason.

What was I thinking?

thenry20
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
He fired Turk way too late and what's worse is that he didn't install a true OC with experience. Why wasn't Shanahan given a call to see if he's interested? At least dangle the HC cookie as replacement if Dick sux??

DraftBoy
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM

There is no way this team is going .500 this year with this coaching staff, I'll bet anyone, anything they want on it.

You've got only 5 players on this squad that start on every other NFL team.

Lynch
Evans
Owens
Stroud
McKelvin

other than that, you're void of good proven talent at almost every other position.

madness
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
DB is right. This team still falls way short in talent concerning starters. As for a getting an experienced OC, changing schemes would be suicide at this point. AVP brings us a more agressive playcaller without overhauling the current offense. We know AVP will be more agressive, now we just have to wait to see if he can be smart about it as well as successful.

psubills62
09-04-2009, 01:57 PM

Lynch
Evans
Owens
Stroud
McKelvin

other than that, you're void of good proven talent at almost every other position.

Walker could start at RT. I'm sure a lot of teams would love to have Schobel starting at DE, provided he stays healthy. Posluszny wouldn't be able to start on most teams? He may not be an Urlacher, but he's not backup-quality. I won't mention Mitchell (who actually started for a SB team), mainly because he's stunk lately. But I think we have some decent players.

We also have plenty of guys with potential to start. Nelson has very good potential at TE. Byrd is a potential starter. Fred Jackson wouldn't be bad as a first-teamer, either. Eric Wood is a solid OL prospect who could easily be a starter for any team after this season.

Nighthawk
09-04-2009, 02:00 PM

I've never been a fan of this guy being hired and he's done absolutely zero to change my mind. He is just a terrible HC and hopefully will be gone after this year.

Dr. Lecter
09-04-2009, 03:39 PM

Lynch
Evans
Owens
Stroud
McKelvin

McGee starts for most teams.

BidsJr
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM

Lynch
Evans
Owens
Stroud
McKelvin

So if 5 Bills start on every other team doesn't that only leave 17 positions for the other 31 teams to fill out?

Mr. Pink
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't even think this team is any more talented, if not less talented than the Hank Bullough coached Bills.

How about that?

Ferragamo/Mathison vs Edwards/Fitz WASH
Bell/Cribbs vs Lynch/Jackson WASH
Evans, Owens, Reed vs Reed, Butler, Burkett slight edge to now
Metz vs whoever we line up at TE METZ

Not too mention we had guys we knew could play on the O-line Richter for example.

Darryl Talley, Bruce Smith, Fred Smerlas, Steve Freeman were on that D.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM

Lynch
Evans
Owens
Stroud
McKelvin

You're more generous than I.

Owens and Stroud are the only two guys that I would say definitely start anywhere else.

Unless TO is in Arizona :rofl:

Oldbillsfan
09-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Judging from last season, Turk should have never been hired in the first place

Michael82
09-04-2009, 04:07 PM

Lynch
Evans
Owens
Stroud
McKelvin

I could also see Posluszny and McGee starting on every other team too.

Turf
09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I think Van Pelt may be suprisingly good. I'm not happy about the disarray this team is in as this proves to Ralph he made a mistake. But hey, Van Pelt has some smarts.

Ground Chuck
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Three straight 7-9's is pretty much .500

DynaPaul
09-04-2009, 11:28 PM
He's the Obama of the NFL.

That's about the poorest analogy said about Jauron that I've heard yet. Keep the politics in the Spin Zone.

DraftBoy
09-05-2009, 09:32 AM
McGee starts for most teams.

Maybe, to me he is a solid CB with less tackling ability of Winfield. He starts on probably over half.