X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

Does this get people off Trent's back?

Is Trent really Captain Checkdown, or was he doing what he said in his last press conference.... "running the plays like he's COACHED to do"...?

Jauron said in his press conference that one of his reasons was because he wanted a more attacking style offense.

Remains to be seen i guess.
    Last edited by Commissioner; 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM.
    Draft Gabbert at #3!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Does this get people off Trent's back?

I'll give him a couple weeks.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

The OC had nothing to do with his inability to hit open receivers. I just hope he starts well against New England; his confidence is seems to be really rattled.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

No QB can be evaluated until the regular season, under normal game conditions, with the full playbook, with proper game-planning.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
          No QB can be evaluated until the regular season, under normal game conditions, with the full playbook, with proper game-planning.
          Then why the heck do they play preseason to evaluate?
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Commissioner
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by cocamide
            The OC had nothing to do with his inability to hit open receivers. I just hope he starts well against New England; his confidence is seems to be really rattled.
            Haven't seen the film. Can't tell on my TV who is open downfield and who isn't.
            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Commissioner
              Haven't seen the film. Can't tell on my TV who is open downfield and who isn't.
              Then take it from those that have been to some games.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                Then why the heck do they play preseason to evaluate?
                Got me. There are few things as worthless as preseason football.
                Teams don't prepare, they hardly play their starters, they limit their playbook, so I don't see what good they do for evaluation since they're far from actual game conditions.
                Practices are just as useful if not more. Preseason games are nothing more than fashion shows.
                Preseason games are played to rip off fans.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Starting QB is like standup comedy. You might get a minute or two of goodwill from the crowd, but if you aren't performing well, people notice...and they don't care. they just want you off the stage.

Same thing will be true for trent. he'll get a couple extra series where people have patience, but if he isn't doing what people are expecting him to do it, then it's over for him. And he knows that and we all know that.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Got me. There are few things as worthless as preseason football.
                    Teams don't prepare, they hardly play their starters, they limit their playbook, so I don't see what good they do for evaluation since they're far from actual game conditions.
                    Practices are just as useful if not more. Preseason games are nothing more than fashion shows.
                    Preseason games are played to rip off fans.
                    LOL, ok. I disagree. I think it has something to do with setting your roster, and determining your starters. As well as tinkering with your scheme. Call me crazy. If they just wanted the revenue, they would make it a 20 game season.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                      LOL, ok. I disagree. I think it has something to do with setting your roster, and determining your starters. As well as tinkering with your scheme. Call me crazy. If they just wanted the revenue, they would make it a 20 game season.
                      There's still talk about going to an 18-game season.

Practices using the full playbook are better for determining rosters, because you see the players perform the plays that actually will be used.
                      And obviously for practicing schemes. How can schemes be evaluated if they're not used? Preseason isn't called vanilla for nothing.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Commissioner
                        Is Trent really Captain Checkdown, or was he doing what he said in his last press conference.... "running the plays like he's COACHED to do"...?

Jauron said in his press conference that one of his reasons was because he wanted a more attacking style offense.

Remains to be seen i guess.
                        No. Prove he can hit the seems 15 to 20 yards downfield and I'll get off his back

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          No. Prove he can hit the seems 15 to 20 yards downfield and I'll get off his back
                          Exactly!

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I still think Trent has some confidence issues. Whether or not AVP can fix them as an OC, considering he hasn't as QB coach, remains to be seen. All we can do at this point is wait and see.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

There's still talk about going to an 18-game season.

Practices using the full playbook are better for determining rosters, because you see the players perform the plays that actually will be used.
                              And obviously for practicing schemes. How can schemes be evaluated if they're not used? Preseason isn't called vanilla for nothing.
                              And, preseason is "vanilla" so they can "evaluate" a players skill. You can teach the play, you can't teach skill. They want them playing full speed, and not over thinking out there.

How can schemes be evaluated if they're not used? Huh? We don't practice a 4-3? Were not using a no-huddle? We didn't stop using a FB?

I mean, are you really trying to say that because they didn't "open the playbook", that is proof they aren't evaluating players? Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X