• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Marcus Freeman released

The Bears chose LB Marcus Freeman (from Ohio State) in the fifth round of the draft, but just released him today.

We've already got a lot of youth and inexperience at LB. If the cuts weren't already very hard to make, I'd say he'd be a good pickup. But right now I think we have some good options at LB.

per rotoworld:

"Bears released LB Marcus Freeman.

The fifth-round pick out of Ohio State has a good chance to catch on somewhere else as he can play special teams. It looks like the Bears will only keep six linebackers."
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Marcus Freeman released

man, do we love us some special teamers!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

A lot of guys are cut early so that they fall through waivers while most teams are still over the roster limit and trying to figure out there last 1 or 2 cuts.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• billsTOfan
        Also know as "The Popcorn"
        • Jul 2009

I remember many posters ripping Buffalo for choosing Harris over Freeman. Guess Freeman doesn't transition that great at NFL level. He got cut already. Chicago doesn't value him enough to risk losing him through waivers.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by billsTOfan
          I remember many posters ripping Buffalo for choosing Harris over Freeman. Guess Freeman doesn't transition that great at NFL level. He got cut already. Chicago doesn't value him enough to risk losing him through waivers.

Or maybe Chicago's linebacking corps are a lot better and deeper than the Bills. Nic Harris would very well be cut by Chicago.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
            The Bears chose LB Marcus Freeman (from Ohio State) in the fifth round of the draft, but just released him today.

We've already got a lot of youth and inexperience at LB. If the cuts weren't already very hard to make, I'd say he'd be a good pickup. But right now I think we have some good options at LB.

per rotoworld:

"Bears released LB Marcus Freeman.

The fifth-round pick out of Ohio State has a good chance to catch on somewhere else as he can play special teams. It looks like the Bears will only keep six linebackers."
            Umm, I was never a fan of this guy and you can check my record on that.

Screw him.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

WOW.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• billsTOfan
                Also know as "The Popcorn"
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                Or maybe Chicago's linebacking corps are a lot better and deeper than the Bills. Nic Harris would very well be cut by Chicago.
                Then why draft a 5th Rder in a position of zero need? Bills fans get furious when we do that drafting a DB? If we then go and cut that position of no need, people get livid for wasting the pick.

Marcus Freeman is flat out overrated. They had him as a freaking 2nd rder and he fell to 5th for a reason and was cut for a reason too

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I would be happy to have him on our practice squad if they don't want him.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                  X