Forked Thread: Schonert Fired! - This has Ralph written all over it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Schonert Fired! - This has Ralph written all over it.

Forked from: Schonert Fired!

I just woke up and heard the news...first thing that came to my mind???

This has Ralph's hands all over it! Why do I suspect RW made the call on this and DJ just made sure that he saved his job for the year?

Thoughts.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Forked Thread: Schonert Fired! - This has Ralph written all over it.

i'd buy it for no other reason that that is Ralph's MO. He loves meddling. But at least this time he's put together such a bad team that whether he insists someone plays a certain position or drafts a certain guy, it doesn't impact the bills that much. What's the difference of a 5-11 or a 3-13 team? It's a crappy ride regardless.

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

I may have blinders on, but I totally think that this was Jauron's doing. I think he knows he is a few losses away from being canned, and is trying to do everything he can to save his job. He will get fired sometime this year, if not, right at the end of the season, but at least he is trying to shake things up to give the offense a kick in the ass.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

He may have been behind it. It was correcting a mistake so I don't care who is behind it.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Something tells me that Ralph wanted him fired after the season, but Dick Jauron vouched for him. Now with how bad he's look, Ralph asked to fire him one more time and Dick Jauron gave in, to save his own ass!

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Jauron is saying it was all his decision...it'll be interesting to see what changes in a week and a half. AVP may lack experience, but I think he has football smarts. I'm interested in seeing what he has to offer...

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Jauron says he called Ralph to ask his permission to fire Turk.

"Ralphie dearest, may I please fire Schonert??? pretty please???"
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

I don't care who or why, can it get worse? AVP is a very bright guy, I hope he kills it!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

This sounds like the Wade Phillips situation...

But unlike Wade, Dick said good riddance to someone on his staff.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                    shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                    • Mar 2007

Ralph should have fired them all after last season...He will end up doing that anyway.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

If you've seen/heard any of Schonert's comments I don't see how anybody can lead this back to Ralph.

According to Turk, he has been battling with Jauron the entire off-season over the offense and the two had serious philosophical differences. Jauron wants the offense simplified (I believe TS referred to his approach as 'Pop Warner') and thought Turk's offense was too extensive and complicated.

Heard it on the evening news, but I'm sure there's a link out there somewhere.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Forked from: Schonert Fired!

I just woke up and heard the news...first thing that came to my mind???

This has Ralph's hands all over it! Why do I suspect RW made the call on this and DJ just made sure that he saved his job for the year?

Thoughts.
                        Anyone over 40 who has followed this team since childhood knows Ralph meddles bigtime.

Of course this was his call after blasting Jauron post game last night. Now Jauron is officially a dead man walking ( 2 years too late ) .
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

what did Ralph say about Dick after the game? I missed it

Comment

• chubluv
                            BillsZone bowling team MVP
                            • Jan 2003

Adam Schefert from ESPN said it was Ralphs doing.

We are in 5th place
                            Clump is on the IR
                            Chubluv average is 167
                            Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                            Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Jauron wants it simplified so this is all AVP needs to do:

Scenario 1:

Is TO double covered? Yes? ---> Throw to Evans

No? --> Throw to TO

Scenario 2:

Run every now and then w/Lynch or Jackson - one out of every 4 or so, throw to Lynch or Jackson.

That's it...Plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X