PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Schonert Fired! - This has Ralph written all over it.

Ebenezer
09-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Forked from: Schonert Fired! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2975217)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/04/down-goes-schonert/

I just woke up and heard the news...first thing that came to my mind???

This has Ralph's hands all over it! Why do I suspect RW made the call on this and DJ just made sure that he saved his job for the year?

Thoughts.

trapezeus
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
i'd buy it for no other reason that that is Ralph's MO. He loves meddling. But at least this time he's put together such a bad team that whether he insists someone plays a certain position or drafts a certain guy, it doesn't impact the bills that much. What's the difference of a 5-11 or a 3-13 team? It's a crappy ride regardless.

T-Long
09-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I may have blinders on, but I totally think that this was Jauron's doing. I think he knows he is a few losses away from being canned, and is trying to do everything he can to save his job. He will get fired sometime this year, if not, right at the end of the season, but at least he is trying to shake things up to give the offense a kick in the ass.

Novacane
09-04-2009, 04:39 PM
He may have been behind it. It was correcting a mistake so I don't care who is behind it.

Michael82
09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Something tells me that Ralph wanted him fired after the season, but Dick Jauron vouched for him. Now with how bad he's look, Ralph asked to fire him one more time and Dick Jauron gave in, to save his own ass!

mysticsoto
09-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Jauron is saying it was all his decision...it'll be interesting to see what changes in a week and a half. AVP may lack experience, but I think he has football smarts. I'm interested in seeing what he has to offer...

BillsWin
09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Jauron says he called Ralph to ask his permission to fire Turk.

"Ralphie dearest, may I please fire Schonert??? pretty please???"

HAMMER
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't care who or why, can it get worse? AVP is a very bright guy, I hope he kills it!

Mr. Pink
09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
This sounds like the Wade Phillips situation...

But unlike Wade, Dick said good riddance to someone on his staff.

Oldbillsfan
09-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Ralph should have fired them all after last season...He will end up doing that anyway.

YardRat
09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
If you've seen/heard any of Schonert's comments I don't see how anybody can lead this back to Ralph.

According to Turk, he has been battling with Jauron the entire off-season over the offense and the two had serious philosophical differences. Jauron wants the offense simplified (I believe TS referred to his approach as 'Pop Warner') and thought Turk's offense was too extensive and complicated.

Heard it on the evening news, but I'm sure there's a link out there somewhere.

Night Train
09-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Forked from: Schonert Fired! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2975217)

I just woke up and heard the news...first thing that came to my mind???

This has Ralph's hands all over it! Why do I suspect RW made the call on this and DJ just made sure that he saved his job for the year?

Thoughts.

Anyone over 40 who has followed this team since childhood knows Ralph meddles bigtime.

Of course this was his call after blasting Jauron post game last night. Now Jauron is officially a dead man walking ( 2 years too late ) .

T-Long
09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
what did Ralph say about Dick after the game? I missed it

chubluv
09-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Adam Schefert from ESPN said it was Ralphs doing.

mysticsoto
09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Jauron wants it simplified so this is all AVP needs to do:

Scenario 1:

Is TO double covered? Yes? ---> Throw to Evans

No? --> Throw to TO

Scenario 2:

Run every now and then w/Lynch or Jackson - one out of every 4 or so, throw to Lynch or Jackson.

That's it...Plain and simple.

Ground Chuck
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm happy that Ralph is pissed. Anyone who has watched any of the preseason can't be real happy with what our offense looks like.