PDA

View Full Version : What Schonert Told John Murphy Today

Night Train
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
What Schonert told Murph, the voice of the Bills and local Ch.4 anchor.

"He (Jauron) told me the offense wasn't simple enough for him," Schonert said. "We had too many formations, too many plays. I didn't simplify it to his liking."
"He wants a 'Pop Warner' offense," Schonert said, referring to the Bills head coach. "He limited me in formations, and limited me in plays. He's been on my back all offseason."

Oh yeah. I feel TONS better. :rolleyes:

So AVP will not be able to run the Ted Marchibroda O he knows inside out, because the Grim Reaper coach wants simple plays to set up Moorman.

Over/under on the TO meltdown = Game 3

Philagape
09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
With any other team, I'd think this was a parody story. :ill:

Typ0
The team needs to do the simple stuff well first.

Goobylal
Jauron's point being, a complicated offense is worthless if the players can't run it and/or Schonert can't get the plays in on-time. The Patriots won a SB (*) with a dumbed-down offense for Brady in 2001.

Night Train
09-04-2009, 08:09 PM
The Patriots won a SB (*) with a dumbed-down offense for Brady in 2001.

With talent & quality coaching..

Michael82
09-04-2009, 08:15 PM
WTF! :ill:

BidsJr
09-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Link?

Patti120
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
And the hits just keep on comin!

Boomstick
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
At this point wouldn't a Pop Warner offense be an improvement? I'm all for it.

Meathead
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM
the fired coordinator of a moribund offense had bad things to say about his boss

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RCgdGFB1QhM/SMTPkJ-ADiI/AAAAAAAAB98/-AvPIhs3Z30/s400/Hair+Fire.jpg

Aero II
09-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I thought Tasker pointed it out very well every game. If you are running the no huddle why have formations that force the WRs to run from one sideline to another? If you keep them on the same sides play after play and run different plays out of the same (or similar) formations, you have a greater ability to catch the defense off guard and to run plays faster thus wearing down the defense. All the formatin switching caused the play clock to run down to single digits IN THE NO HUDDLE.

Night Train
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Link?
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_nfl/Bills_fire_Schonert_20090904

hydro
Link?

Was on the local news. I saw it also...

tampabay25690
The offense has sucked for years this is no secret.

historypete
09-04-2009, 08:33 PM
This team is in such chaos right now it is sad. Ralph has now got what he deserved after keeping Jauron and the entire staff after last season.

tampabay25690
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
The team is 0-0 lets be excited.......

Scumbag College
09-04-2009, 08:38 PM
the fired coordinator of a moribund offense had bad things to say about his boss

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RCgdGFB1QhM/SMTPkJ-ADiI/AAAAAAAAB98/-AvPIhs3Z30/s400/Hair+Fire.jpg

Sounds like a sour grapes type deal to me. If I got fired I'd be sure to say not good things about the boss or my former place of employment.

My biggest concern now is what seems to be a gun shy QB with a young, unproven offensive line.

historypete
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
The team is 0-0 lets be excited.......

We are 0-0 for 10 more days. Then we play the Pats and get our breakfast, lunch, mid-day snack, and dinner handed to us. I'm looking at the positive though. A horrible season means bye bye Dick, staff and hopefully an overhaul of the front office.

I like the positive attitude though. Unfortunately for me it has been gone for a while. I've fallen into the trap of "maybe this year" too many times over the past decade.

BillsWin
09-04-2009, 09:01 PM
you gotta crawl before you walk. Maybe if we go simple and throw in some more deep plays and more looks but keep all the motions and crap simple then Trent can gain confidence. Im all for being a master of the basics if it helps win games.

Although I think Turk is just throwing a hissy fit because he was fired by a second rate head coach...

madness
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Let Turk talk. That's all he's been good at. Watch some of his post game pressers and you'll see a guy who will blame his QB or OL before he takes it for himself.

You know who's not talking or displaying their dissatisfaction about it? The players. Trent hinted he was being held back in response to DJ. Evans was unhappy after last game until he heard about some changes taken place soon. It all adds up. T.O. thought it was such a non-issue, he poked fun at it. Other players referenced him as a dictator.

Hemlepp53
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Then we play the Pats and get our breakfast, lunch, mid-day snack, and dinner handed to us.

Dang Brother you get a mid-day snack??? WTF i never get a mid-day snack...

SABURZFAN
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
This team is in such chaos right now it is sad. Ralph has now got what he deserved after keeping Jauron and the entire staff after last season.

yeah... but we the fans are the ones who pay for it and suffer. the Old Fart just lines his pockets and fills up his tin cup. this is ****ing bull****. :mad:

trapezeus
09-04-2009, 11:26 PM
this somehow reminds me of the simpson episode where burns kept telling his isotopes players that they couldn't have sideburns. "mattingly, you still have sideburns!" and by the end mattingly has shaved to the crown of his head and still getting yelled at.

likewise, i can see jauron wandering around screaming, "i want it simpler formations." and turk coming in with the wishbone and jauron still screaming, "simpler!!!"

i see the point, if it's too complicated, then it won't execute. but honestly, the bills are so predictable that its a pretty obvious communication error. jauron wants it simpler to execute and turk takes that to mean less formations and run the same play over and over....maybe he should have limited the formations, but had more stuff come out of them.

with the way the bills scout talent, you can't overpower a team to a win. you have to play the game like chess. and neither jauron nor shonert do that well.

yordad
09-04-2009, 11:31 PM
They are done for. Too complicated? Complicated for our cerebral QB? Too complicated for who? If it is so complicated, how come the second team runs it smoother?

sdbillsfan2
09-04-2009, 11:40 PM

Fine !!!!!!! Ralph got what HE deserves . So what about the rest of us?

jamze132
09-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Good riddance.

The offense did seem a little extreme for such young players anyways... No wonder they sucked, they don't study astrophysics. They study football.

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I find this VERY concerning.

In this era of creativity and complex playcalling, we have the only coach who wants to run 6 plays and that's all?

Think of all the good teams and how they run new and more inventive blitzes, the wildcat, no down linemen....

Man this DIck-head has to go.

historypete
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Fine !!!!!!! Ralph got what HE deserves . So what about the rest of us?

Us, well we continue to get it right up the ***. It is sad when the only thing we can hope is that a complete and utter melt down will lead to a return of sanity and a cleansing of this organization from front office down.

historypete
09-05-2009, 11:10 AM
yeah... but we the fans are the ones who pay for it and suffer. the Old Fart just lines his pockets and fills up his tin cup. this is ****ing bull****. :mad:

I completely agree.

Night Train
09-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Now ESPN has pickd up the story and is giving it big play on ESPNews and Sportscenter. The anticipated Owens blowup will just be piling on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450938