• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Observations from the game.....

I meant to take in a notepad and pen with me. I had it in my car, on the front seat so I would not forget it. So, of course, I remembered it after I was past the gate but not yet to my seat. So I don't have as much as I had hoped to have. But some notes that I picked up on.

1. Levitre is getting better. He still struggles and always looks like he is about to be pushed back. But he was holding on last night.

2. The Bills best player last night just might have been John McCargo. He was holding up two blockers even when he was not making plays. I hope he can sustain it.

3. Maybin played most of the game. He has something one can't teach - speed. If he can use the speed in the regular season, I mght have to admit to being wrong about him.

4. Stupar looked like a practice squad/4th TE. He is only meh and if he gets cut it is not a heartbreaker.

5. Steve Johnson is good. Next year he will be #3. Reed is still better. This year as #4 will help Johnson.

6. I like Nick Harris' potential, but I am not sure he is better than Ellison. He gets hooked on his blocks and over pursues. He basically has some of Ellison's weaknesses, but is not as good in coverage. I don't see him starting right now. Ellison has been better in pre-season.

7. Byrd made a nice pick, but he too is not quite ready. I think he takes over for Scott around the halfway point.

8. Calvin Johnson is a man amongst boys when playing against Lankster.

9. Lankster is OK on returns, but he looks like a classic game day inactive to me.

10. Omon got banged up. This could be important for Bruce Hall or Corey McIntyre. If Omon is going to miss a game or is questionable, the Bills need to keep one of the two. I would keep McIntyre.

11. Jenkins played well at WR. I am fine with him as the Bills #6 WR. #6 guys are generally not the best and his ST ability will get him on the team.

12. Why do people get so hammered that they pass out and puke (and possibly ****) all over themselves in the stadium? For God's sake people. And if you are a 50-some old man, sitting a few seats from a 3 year old girl, quit yellling about the "bull****" call. You sound like an ass.

I'll add more if I think about it. What stood out the most to me was McCargo. I just hope he can keep it up.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Ground Chuck
    • Jul 2009

Re: Observations from the game.....

Nice job.

I agree with McIntyre staying ahead of Oman. Oman can't block.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Most I agree with except the Ellison part. He doesn't deserve to be a starter and never has. Harris makes more plays, is more athletic and has shown he deserves to start over Ellison. I totally agree about the drunk idiots that seem to attend Bills games...a bunch of losers.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Honestly, I'd kind of like to have certain positions be given priority in the draft (e.g. OLB) instead of picking up 5th-7th round prospects and hope they develop into studs. Nic Harris has looked decent, but what if we got a stud OLB and put him in right away (a la Aaron Curry sort of player)? I'd be much happier, and I'm hoping that's what they do next year by drafting Navorro Bowman :thumbsup:

Good thoughts, Lecter. Nice to hear about Levitre and Steve Johnson. It makes me laugh how people think Fine will get cut for Stupar or Stupar should be in the mix for a starting position...he's been good in preseason, but not THAT good.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

observations from what i heard on the radio.....

we just plain ****ing suck.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            2. The Bills best player last night just might have been John McCargo. He was holding up two blockers even when he was not making plays. I hope he can sustain it.

3. Maybin played most of the game. He has something one can't teach - speed. If he can use the speed in the regular season, I mght have to admit to being wrong about him.

4. Stupar looked like a practice squad/4th TE. He is only meh and if he gets cut it is not a heartbreaker.

5. Steve Johnson is good. Next year he will be #3. Reed is still better. This year as #4 will help Johnson.

6. I like Nick Harris' potential, but I am not sure he is better than Ellison. He gets hooked on his blocks and over pursues. He basically has some of Ellison's weaknesses, but is not as good in coverage. I don't see him starting right now. Ellison has been better in pre-season.

7. Byrd made a nice pick, but he too is not quite ready. I think he takes over for Scott around the halfway point.

8. Calvin Johnson is a man amongst boys when playing against Lankster.

9. Lankster is OK on returns, but he looks like a classic game day inactive to me.

10. Omon got banged up. This could be important for Bruce Hall or Corey McIntyre. If Omon is going to miss a game or is questionable, the Bills need to keep one of the two. I would keep McIntyre.

11. Jenkins played well at WR. I am fine with him as the Bills #6 WR. #6 guys are generally not the best and his ST ability will get him on the team.

12. Why do people get so hammered that they pass out and puke (and possibly ****) all over themselves in the stadium? For God's sake people. And if you are a 50-some old man, sitting a few seats from a 3 year old girl, quit yellling about the "bull****" call. You sound like an ass.

I'll add more if I think about it. What stood out the most to me was McCargo. I just hope he can keep it up.
            Nice post Lecter!! I enjoyed it. My thoughts....

2. McCargo looks like a man on a mission. A man who wants Williams job. He is fitter and faster then ever. Maybe it was the time spent with the Ti Quan Doe (sp) dude, but he is penatrating like a monster.

3. I might have to admit the same thing.

4. I think he makes the team. Two of the passes he "dropped" the defenders where credited with passes defensed. He had one drop, and it was while spinning and reaching back for a ball thrown behind him. It is a tough catch, especially when you are already turning your head to look up field. I like him, and I think he sticks.

5. I agree Johnson is good. But, I would like him to take Reeds job sooner, rather then later. Like bye weekish.

6. I think Harris is an animal. He has all the tools. And, I think he is considerably better then Ellison vs the pass. Ellison is routinely taken off the field in the nickle package. Harris drops (into coverage) are much better, and I think he covers more of the field. Keep in mind he was a safety. He and Poz should be our two nickle LBs.

7. Byrd showed his nose for the ball, and made some decent plays. But, Scott still matches up better if the opposition has a big pass catching tight end. Byrd also looked slow on the Lions 80 yrd TD run.

9. I think Lankster makes the team too. And, unless the Bills move Parrish, leaving a possible spot as a PR open, then Lansker will be inactive a lot. He might be a 6th CB. He might only make the team becasue he is too good to sneak onto the PS. Kind of like Bell last year.

10. I think McIntyre stays, Hall is gone.

11. #7 when Hardy comes back, but yeah. I have him as the 53 guy. But, only because the Bills can put guys like Palmer or Bowen on the practice squad and Jenkins is inelidgable. He is lucky though, Youboty showed some nice effort and had good results as a gunner.

12. No idea, but I found a praying Mantis at the game. I just wanted to add that somewhere. It flew down out of no where. I caught it in a popcorn bucket, and let it go outside after the game.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Some people can't hold their liquor, but that one's not on the drunk. It's on the refs- if they didn't make bull**** calls, the drunk would have nothing to yell about.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

if you are a 50-some old man, sitting a few seats from a 3 year old girl, quit yellling about the "bull****" call.
                i was not yelling. but that girl was hot
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Meathead
                  i was not yelling. but that girl was hot
                  WTF man? That's not even a little funny.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    WTF man? That's not even a little funny.
                    Well, atleast he's consistent in his posts...

Comment

Working...
                    X