• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Perspective on 2009

We admittedly didn't expect to see this season start off with a major shake-up in the coaching ranks already behind us, but that is exactly where we find ourselves. Fans have reacted one of two ways... steadfastly clinging to hope that this will be OK and that we still have the potential to perform well and compete for the playoffs this season, or dismissing hope and resorting to calling for the heads of those responsible for getting us where we are today.

Both outcomes are sound at this point... we haven't played a game and we have so many factors that are hard to predict (TO, O Line, Trent, LBs, STs) that it really could go either way. One thing is for sure, though. This will be a catalyzing season for this team... one that will have ramifications for many years down the line. It will either result in the establishment of a team that is ready to grow into a force in this league, or one this is blown up so that we can yet again start over.

So as much as I see the firing of Turk as a red flag for this team, I remain hopeful. I predicted 13-3 in a mood of half-joking optimism a few weeks back. I know we can't do it, but I knew that was the best I could expect. After following this team for 30 years I fully realize that results are usually lower than expectations. Losing games has become acceptable, even manageable unfortunately. I used to pain on Mondays after a loss. Now I have dismissed it from my mind by the time I get to work. That is unfortunate, but it is the state of things. And I know it is true for many of you as well.

What it means though, is that we can remain hopeful every August, no matter what the supposed "writing on the wall" says. There are 16 games to play, and I look forward to seeing how our boys line up for each of them this year. Like a marriage, even in the tough times, you stick it out. So even with a potential storm brewing around us, I see that patch of blue off in the west. To me, it looks like its coming our way. A new season is upon us. Go Bills!
  • BillsRGreat
    • Jul 2008

Re: Perspective on 2009

when you need to have posts like this.....

you know you're team isn't in a good position.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Re: Perspective on 2009

Bad teams fire staff members the week before the season. The late season games are going to be very depressing this year.

Comment

Working...
      X