PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another thread with roster/cut predictions!

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 07:36 AM
So, the Bills need to move 20 players off their roster today by 4 PM.

Here are my guesses:

1. Marshawn Lynch moved to the reserve/suspended list.
2. Matt Baker, QB
3. Bruce Hall, RB - PS
4. Corey McIntyre, RB/FB
5. Felton Huggins, WR
6. CJ Hawthorne, WR - PS
7. Tyson DeVree, TE
8. Christain Gaddis, C
9. Brandon Rodd, OL - PS
10. Nick Henessy, OT
11. Jonathan Scott, OT
12. Derrick Jones, DL - PS
13. Ataefiok Etukeren, DL
14. Corey Mace, DL
15. Ryan Manalac, LB
16. Cary Harris, CB - PS

Those are the 16 moves I am pretty sure will happen, although I would not be shocked to see Scott beat out Chambers or McKinney. 4 more moves to be made. McIntyre sticks if Omon is injured enough to miss any time.

17. John Wendling, S - Really it is him or Lankster (who has PS eligibility). Lankster did not look as good in the last two pre-season games. Wendling is a great athlete and so-so player. He is better on STs It is a coin flip. The final straw for Wendling is the injury to Drayton Florence. I think Youboty squeaks on the roster, but he too is a candidate.
18. Alvin Bowen, LB. Another LB has to go. Corto make sit for ST ability and Bowen is PS eligible. He was not great this pre-season and is probably still working his way back from the knee injury.
19. Copeland Bryan, DE - I know. Two reasons: he was banged up during the pre-season and I think he was last year too. If you want to be a depth guy, you need to stay healthy. Secondly, he was not nearly as impressive the lst two games when the pressure was on. I would axe Kelsay and keep Bryan though, but it is not as simple to me as it was a few weeks ago.
20. Tight battle for the last cut. Stupar is possible. So is Corto. And Palmer. And Jenkins. And Buggs. Assumng Fine is ready to play I think Jonathan Stupar, TE gets the axe. His performance against Detroit was not very good and he too is PS eligible. If Fine is not going to be ready for week 1, then Marcus Buggs, LB is PS bound.

So, the Practice Squad, in part, looks like this:

Bruce Hall, RB
Cary Harris, CB
Jonathan Stupar, TE or Marcus Buggs, LB
Alvin Bowen, LB
Brandon Rodd, OL
CJ Hawthorne, WR
Derrick Jones, DL

That leaves one spot open, that can be filled by an outside guy or another one of the scrubs.

Note: these are predictions, not always what I would do.

Meathead
09-05-2009, 07:49 AM
you can take your ataefiok and shove it up your etukeren

casdhf
09-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Are any of these guys injured enough to be put on IR? I think that means we'll "own" them for the entire season right?

Jan Reimers
09-05-2009, 08:07 AM
I think the most seriously injured guys were among the 6 who were cut the other day.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 08:08 AM
I don't think anybody else has a season ending injury.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 08:09 AM
BTW, I am also assuming that Hardy goes on PUP.

When Lynch comes back, who knows what will happen. Omon might be in trouble or there might be an injury to create a roster spot.