patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I've also been told he's not the only "name" player being cut today by Buffalo

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
working on confirmation.

Michael82
09-05-2009, 11:22 AM
That was the rumor on TBD. Apparently Sirius reported it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a bit surprised. Sure he looked old and washed up out there, but right now all we have is Fred Jackson and a hurt Xavier Omon. I wonder if this means we are keeping McIntyre until Lynch comes back from suspension....

Michael82
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I've also been told he's not the only "name" player being cut today by Buffalo
Come on Kelsay....please be on the chopping block! :pray:

I also wouldn't mind seeing Roscoe Parrish dealt today.

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Kelsay will be cut hopefully... Then maybe Florence?

Michael82
09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Here's the link. Apparently the Rams cut WR Ronald Curry too....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10027166/Cutdown-day:-Bills-dump-Rhodes;-Rams-cut-Curry

Michael82
09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Kelsay will be cut hopefully... Then maybe Florence?
I could definitely see Florence cut to save money. Either him or Youboty.

Scumbag College
09-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Rhodes is a surprising cut, Does this mean the Bruce Hall era in Buffalo will begin?

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I could definitely see Florence cut to save money. Either him or Youboty.

I would be shocked if Youboty makes the team... He did not have a good camp/preseason, and he never has stayed on the field.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Not shocked at all, Omon outplayed him.

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Rhodes was cut because they like the way Corey McIntyre runs the football.

Now I see why they were giving C.Mc so many carries in pre-season, they wanted to see if he could be a tailback in addition to fullback.

I thought he ran better than our RBs when he got carries, made good cuts and finished his runs off strong.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Now I see why they were giving C.Mc so many carries in pre-season, they wanted to see if he could be a tailback in addition to fullback.

I thought he ran better than our RBs when he got carries, made good cuts and finished his runs off strong.

This is not the reason he was cut...in fact, your logic makes no sense.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:04 PM
I think they were looking to see if McIntyre can handle those important 3rd and 1 or 2 yard runs.

DBrown77
09-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Not shocked at all, Omon outplayed him.

Ummm....Omon 2.7 ypc, Rhodes 4.8. You might want to check your stats. We cut the most productive guy in our backfield this pre-season. awesome.

Mad Bomber
09-05-2009, 12:22 PM

Against second and third stringers. This guy is not a running back.

...hopefully you can pull up this thread in 10-12 weeks and laugh at me.

Mad Bomber
09-05-2009, 12:38 PM
That was the rumor on TBD. Apparently Sirius reported it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a bit surprised. Sure he looked old and washed up out there, but right now all we have is Fred Jackson and a hurt Xavier Omon. I wonder if this means we are keeping McIntyre until Lynch comes back from suspension....

HUGE mistake. But not at all surprising from such an incompetent franchise.

Last year Rhodes had 132 rushes for 538 yards (3.5 ypr) with 6 TDs, and 45 receptions for 302 yds (6.7 ypr) and 3 touchdowns.

What did McIntyre show (besides his genitals)? :D

I think it was a HUGE mistake by the Bills.

Mikey, I'm disappointed..."Old and washed up"? Most freakin' players on this team looked like crap in the preseason. You can't judge ANYTHING about this team based on the totally ****ed up way they managed the entire offseason - and ESPECIALLY the preseason - they learned NOTHING from it and seemed to regress.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:40 PM
HUGE mistake. But not at all surprising from such an incompetent franchise.

Last year Rhodes had 132 rushes for 538 yards (3.5 ypr) with 6 TDs, and 45 receptions for 302 yds (6.7 ypr) and 3 touchdowns.

What did McIntyre show (besides his genitals)? :D

I think it was a HUGE mistake by the Bills.

Mikey, I'm disappointed..."Old and washed up"? Most freakin' players on this team looked like crap in the preseason. You can't judge ANYTHING about this team based on the totally ****ed up way they managed the entire offseason - and ESPECIALLY the preseason - they learned NOTHING from it and seemed to regress.

I just don't understand this organization...absolutely a stupid move to cut Rhodes!

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Interesting. But if Omon beat him out to be #2 the first three weeks and then the #3 guy when Lynch is back, it does make sense.

Rhodes makes too much money to be a #4 RB.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I just don't understand this organization...absolutely a stupid move to cut Rhodes!

Why?

He was going to be a #3 RB.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Why?

Because he has proven he can come in a keep an offense running smoothly...Omon has not. You can never have enough veterans on a young roster like the Bills. This team needs more successful vets on it and letting one go does nothing to improve the team. Just my opinion.

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
This is not the reason he was cut...in fact, your logic makes no sense.
There's nothing wrong with the logic. If you don't agree that's fine.

The way I see it Mc was in danger of being cut because he was seen as only a FB. They gave him carries to see if he had other abilities and I thought he showed well.

Now they can keep him as a RB2 or 3 and as FB1 by releasing Rhodes.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 01:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with the logic. If you don't agree that's fine.

No, your logic makes no sense. You're saying a guy who has never touched the ball more then a handful of times a year is the reason a productive RB was cut. The logic is flawed.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Because he has proven he can come in a keep an offense running smoothly...Omon has not. You can never have enough veterans on a young roster like the Bills. This team needs more successful vets on it and letting one go does nothing to improve the team. Just my opinion.You are all for cutting vets elsewhere though.

Why not give a young guy (Omon) a chance? How is this different than dropping on of the DEs or Ellison?

Not to mention Rhodes blitz pick-up was atrocious, not what I want out of a vet RB.

I think he is better than Omon now, but not by a ton and the cost of a #3 is too high. I am a little shocked, but understand the reasoning.

tampabay25690
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Ummm....Omon 2.7 ypc, Rhodes 4.8. You might want to check your stats. We cut the most productive guy in our backfield this pre-season. awesome.

You said it preseason though..

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 01:07 PM
You are all for cutting vets elsewhere though.

Why not give a young guy (Omon) a chance? How is this different than dropping on of the DEs or Ellison?

Not to mention Rhodes blitz pick-up was atrocious, not what I want out of a vet RB.

I think he is better than Omon now, but not by a ton and the cost of a #3 is too high. I am a little shocked, but understand the reasoning.

That's just an ignorant statement. I'm for cutting vets that aren't any good...Rhodes is good. Name me one vet that I'm for cutting that is a must to have on this team or this team would be worse off because he is let go?

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 01:13 PM
No, your logic makes no sense. You're saying a guy who has never touched the ball more then a handful of times a year is the reason a productive RB was cut. The logic is flawed.
Tell that to Le'Ron McClain.

Was a FB at this time last year.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Tell that to Le'Ron McClain.

Was a FB at this time last year.

Yes, except he hasn't been in the league as long as McIntyre and like I've said, Mac has never carried the ball more then a handful a times a year. I'm sorry, I don't agree with your logic.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 01:29 PM
McIntyre was not the reason. Omon was more of a reason.

You might disagree, but I don't see McIntyre as the #2 RB for the first three weeks. Omon will be.

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 01:49 PM
McIntyre was not the reason. Omon was more of a reason.

You might disagree, but I don't see McIntyre as the #2 RB for the first three weeks. Omon will be.
Ya I can agree with that. Omon will most likely get the #2 job. My point is that they needed to know if Mc could run the ball effectively before letting Rhodes go. I think he showed he can carry the ball well which made him more valuable and Rhodes expendable.

Omon has zero experience himself.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Ya I can agree with that. Omon will most likely get the #2 job. My point is that they needed to know if Mc could run the ball effectively before letting Rhodes go. I think he showed he can carry the ball well which made him more valuable and Rhodes expendable.

Omon has zero experience himself.

Mac had zero influence on the cutting of Rhodes...

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I think it's simple.... there are a lot of good (at least at one time) veteran RB's available.

You roll with Fred and Omon week 1, and if anyone gets hurt you can bet that they will sign a veteran then to fill in the blanks until MArshawn gets back.

By waiting until then, they will not have to guarantee that players contract for the whole season.

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Mac had zero influence on the cutting of Rhodes...
yeah I know yer opinion on the matter.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 01:55 PM
yeah I know yer opinion on the matter.

Good, you do know how ridiculous it sounds what you're saying...do you not?

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Good, you do know how ridiculous it sounds what you're saying...do you not?
K, the Bills will go into games with 3 backs.

Im guessing they will be Jackson, Omon and Mc. I doubt Hall dresses.

If Jackson aggravates his wrist that would leave Omon and Mc. Which means Mc would most likely get carries as he did in preseason.

Why do you think he ran the ball in preseason at all? They could have given those carries to Omon or Hall.

Its not like I'm suggesting Josh Reed will be our RB. He is a FB that has been carrying for us lately. Really not that crazy.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
K, the Bills will go into games with 3 backs.

Im guessing they will be Jackson, Omon and Mc. I doubt Hall dresses.

If Jackson aggravates his wrist that would leave Omon and Mc. Which means Mc would most likely get carries as he did in preseason.

Why do you think he ran the ball in preseason at all? They could have given those carries to Omon or Hall.

Umm, because they knew they were going to cut Rhodes and didn't want to get their 2 RBs hurt? Just a thought...

thenry20
09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I would be shocked if Youboty makes the team... He did not have a good camp/preseason, and he never has stayed on the field.

It's strange: Ashton is supposedly 100% healthy and has looked very bad this PS. I was hoping he'd make it over Florence who has shown nothing so far as a Bill.

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Umm, because they knew they were going to cut Rhodes and didn't want to get their 2 RBs hurt? Just a thought...
Yeah Im sure they were concerned about protecting their #3 RB in preseason.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah Im sure they were concerned about protecting their #3 RB in preseason.

Ok, we're going to agree to disagree...you obviously don't get it.

jamze132
09-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I bet Rhodes scores against us in the opener...

Mad Bomber
09-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Why?

WAS....

Look at today....Lynch is suspended. Omon is hurt. Who do we have as RBs? Jackson and Corey Freakin' McIntyre?

Look at Rhodes' body of work in the NFL. Then look at McIntyre's.

...Who would YOU rather have, Doc?

raphael120
09-05-2009, 02:22 PM
With all this embarrassing and blatantly incompetent front office and coaching staff, it really sheds light on who are the worst types of fans...the sheep.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 02:24 PM
You guys need to think before having knee jerk reactions.

#1 Once Lynch comes back, the #3 RB will be Omon. Rhodes doesn't give us anything that Omon can't give us.

#2 More importantly, after watching the blitz pickup and blocking, it is clear that they wanted to keep McIntyre for short yardage. Quite frankly, none of the RBs (Lynch included) have blocked very well. If Rhodes could have atleast done that, he might have earned a spot, but b'cse none can, McIntyre has to be kept.

It makes perfect sense to me and did not surprise me one bit. Omon's injury was a concern, but Bruce Hall as #2 for 2 weeks isn't a big deal either. Fred is still going to get most of the carries and receptions regardless.

And the 1st week, we could have LT and Adrian Peterson and we'd still lose to the Patriots...

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:26 PM

#1 Once Lynch comes back, the #3 RB will be Omon. Rhodes doesn't give us anything that Omon can't give us.

#2 More importantly, after watching the blitz pickup and blocking, it is clear that they wanted to keep McIntyre for short yardage. Quite frankly, none of the RBs (Lynch included) have blocked very well. If Rhodes could have atleast done that, he might have earned a spot, but b'cse none can, McIntyre has to be kept.

It makes perfect sense to me and did not surprise me one bit. Omon's injury was a concern, but Bruce Hall as #2 for 2 weeks isn't a big deal either. Fred is still going to get most of the carries and receptions regardless.

And the 1st week, we could have LT and Adrian Peterson and we'd still lose to the Patriots...

Really? You do understand that Jackson is playing with an injury and that can effect him at anytime...don't you? So what you're saying is that you know for sure that we don't need him for the first 3 weeks while Lynch is out? Can you please tell me the lottery numbers also?

BAM
09-05-2009, 02:31 PM
If there was indeed concern of his attitude deteriorating around the locker room, then that's cool. Nobody wants a D-bag on the team. Especially the Philadelphia Eagles.

Mad Bomber

Good post, but let me ask you this...

What exactly does Corey McIntyre give us?????

Dr. Lecter
WAS....

Look at today....Lynch is suspended. Omon is hurt. Who do we have as RBs? Jackson and Corey Freakin' McIntyre?

Look at Rhodes' body of work in the NFL. Then look at McIntyre's.

...Who would YOU rather have, Doc?

I am assuming Omon will be ready for the first game.

Re-read what I have been saying.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Really? You do understand that Jackson is playing with an injury and that can effect him at anytime...don't you? So what you're saying is that you know for sure that we don't need him for the first 3 weeks while Lynch is out? Can you please tell me the lottery numbers also?

Yes, those two odds are equivalent.

Hemlepp53
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I am honestly not to sure what i think about the cut of Rhodes. I like him and the experience he brings to the backfield. In regards to him being old and washed up... He has never been a full load RB in the NFL. He has always shared the load everywhere he played. He might be up there in age but the milage is low on the body. I think he could of been a nice addition to the offense...

Would love to see Kelsay, Ashton dropped today too. We could clean up over this next week with the talent being released to make room for rookies...

Lets see who hits the market and then comes the exciting part... Who we allow to pass us by and all the **** players we pick up... Hope not but wouldnt doubt it.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Good post, but let me ask you this...

What exactly does Corey McIntyre give us?????

An order of magnitude better blocking and better short yardage pickup. Remember that game where he just kept getting yards and almost looked like Lynch b'cse no one could bring him down. That's what you want out of a #3 RB.

What does Rhodes give us that McIntyre and Omon together can't?

I forgot to list #3 on my post...

#3) Extra roster spot for a needy position

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:41 PM
An order of magnitude better blocking and better short yardage pickup. Remember that game where he just kept getting yards and almost looked like Lynch b'cse no one could bring him down. That's what you want out of a #3 RB.

What does Rhodes give us that McIntyre and Omon together can't?

I forgot to list #3 on my post...

#3) Extra roster spot for a needy position

Now this reason I can buy, everything else that has been posted by people who think it was a good move, make no sense.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 02:41 PM

Anybody can have an injury at any time. You can't make plans assuming someone will get injured. Look at the Patriots/Belichek (who some call a master strategist)...he just dumped a QB and is going into the season with just 2 QBs on the roster - despite what happened to Brady last season.

According to another thread, Rhodes was getting disgruntled about not being #2 when Lynch came back. Do you honestly think he should be #2 over Jackson? Do you want him *****ing about it constantly in the locker room and dividing the team up? For a #3 RB, the headache wasn't worth it...

Mad Bomber
09-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I am assuming Omon will be ready for the first game.

Re-read what I have been saying.

I know what you're saying, Doc, but at the risk of sounding really cliche...

"When you 'assume' you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'....

Corey McIntyre does not deserve to be on ANY NFL roster. Rhodes DOES. Plain and simple.

I'll go back to the same thing I did in another post...

If you were trying to build a team, or shore up your edges on a marginal (or good) team, who would you take on the open market:
....Domenic Rhodes
....Corey McIntyre

Case closed.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Anybody can have an injury at any time. You can't make plans assuming someone will get injured. Look at the Patriots/Belichek (who some call a master strategist)...he just dumped a QB and is going into the season with just 2 QBs on the roster - despite what happened to Brady last season.

According to another thread, Rhodes was getting disgruntled about not being #2 when Lynch came back. Do you honestly think he should be #2 over Jackson? Do you want him *****ing about it constantly in the locker room and dividing the team up? For a #3 RB, the headache wasn't worth it...

I know, I wouldn't want him to break up that lockerroom that has had a losing season for the past 9 years....wouldn't want that to happen. Come on, that is plain stupid. Also, NE is heavily rumored to be in the process of trading for Feeley from the Eagles and that is probably the reason they only have 2 QB's right now. Not giving yourself insurance because of injury is also a very stupid move for any organization.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Corey McIntyre does not deserve to be on ANY NFL roster. Rhodes DOES. Plain and simple.

If you were trying to build a team, or shore up your edges on a marginal (or good) team, who would you take on the open market:
....Domenic Rhodes
....Corey McIntyre

Case closed.

Exactly...

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Like I said in the other thread, if the role was #4 RB and the salaries were different, I would take McIntyre over Rhodes.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 02:52 PM

....Domenic Rhodes
....Corey McIntyre

Case closed.

Case reopened: You're not listening or reading what Pat has told us. Rhodes doesn't want to be #3 or #4. He wants #2...does he deserve it over Jackson? He might have even asked to be let go...Omon in 1 year improved alot. He might rise to #2 in a few years. His upside is alot better and I really didn't see much difference between him and Rhodes on the field. But quite frankly, it matters little b'cse neither would be playing alot once Lynch returns. But Omon will be cheaper to keep on the roster and has a better long term prognosis in terms of potential over Rhodes who will just deteriorate as time passes...

Mahdi
09-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok, we're going to agree to disagree...you obviously don't get it.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Roster-analysis/1c6839cb-6da0-460b-aff5-bc7d31397f84

"With Marshawn Lynch on the reserve/suspended list it was a bit surprising to see the Bills keep just two running backs in Fred Jackson and Xavier Omon along with FB Corey McIntyre. McIntyre did show some ability to run the ball in the preseason, but it is a bit of a risk to go any length of time with just two true running backs on your roster with the punishment those players take at that position."

You get it now?

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM
That's just an ignorant statement. I'm for cutting vets that aren't any good...Rhodes is good. Name me one vet that I'm for cutting that is a must to have on this team or this team would be worse off because he is let go?

Rhodes is good?

Character issues. 3.5 ypc last year.

Where is he good?

John Doe
09-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Maybe Rhodes being disgruntled about being the #3 back showed in his willingness to block and play special teams (or hold on to the football for that matter). If that is the case then there is not much that you can do but to part ways with the guy.

Simply telling him to stfu and play is not going to motivate him if he reached that point.