PDA

View Full Version : My "Cut Day Thread"

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm all over **** today, and since this is my favorite board (for the next 9 days, lol) I'm staying right here.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
1:09: Tim Graham says that a source tells him the mood over at OBD is "edgy" and some surprise cuts could be coming today..

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Good, I hope that means losers like Kelsay and Ellison are gone. I'd be surprised if something like that happens.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
You heard this here first-- I think Langston Walker is in big trouble.

The injury to Bell may have been the only thing that's saved his job.

If the Bills feel Demetrius Bell is ready to take over at LT, I think Walker is getting cut.. No way they are paying Walker to be a multi million dollar backup.

DBrown77
09-05-2009, 12:15 PM

If the Bills feel Demetrius Bell is ready to take over at LT, I think Walker is getting cut.. No way they are paying Walker to be a multi million dollar backup.I disagree with this. I think he is solid at RT. Levitre needs to sit out a year and learn. Bell-Wood-Hang-Butler-Walker

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I dont think Bell is ready to start at LT, so I dont think the OL is going to change at all from last week vs NE

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 12:18 PM
If Walker gets cut the Oline will be worse off... Would Bell even be ready week 1?

If walker doens't get cut before then, his contract this year is guaranteed right?

So IF they were to cut walker now, and Bell isn't ready week 1... who plays LT? Are they willing to sacrifice like that to save a few mill? Sadly, I'm betting they are.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
If Walker gets cut the Oline will be worse off... Would Bell even be ready week 1?

If walker doens't get cut before then, his contract this year is guaranteed right?

So IF they were to cut walker now, and Bell isn't ready week 1... who plays LT? Are they willing to sacrifice like that to save a few mill? Sadly, I'm betting they are.
At the end of the day, I think Bell's injury may have saved Walker. I cant see how they can start Bell in week one after missing all that time.

However, I do NOT think Butler is going anywhere other than RT. .They are not going to flip flop him around like that again. Wood and Levitre are the starting guards, and McKinney and Chambers are backups.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Only way Walker gets cut is if they have targeted another player from another team to come in and play tackle on this team.

Jaybird
09-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Only way Walker gets cut is if the have targeted another player from another team to come in and play tackle on this team.

I agree with that

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:24 PM
1:22: The decision to cut Rhodes was made early last night. And from what I have learned, the reason for cutting him had nothing to do with his play on the field.

It's more because he was not adjusting to accepting a third running back role once Lynch is back, and the team feared it would become a distraction and disrupt chemistry. And once Rhodes learned he wouldn't be outseating Jackson for the backup role his attitude had soured.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:25 PM
1:22: The decision to cut Rhodes was made early last night. And from what I have learned, the reason for cutting him had nothing to do with his play on the field.

It's more because he was not adjusting to accepting a third running back role once Lynch is back, and the team feared it would become a distraction and disrupt chemistry. And once Rhodes learned he wouldn't be outseating Jackson for the backup role his attitude had soured.

Oh, I can understand that...wouldn't want to disrupt the amazing losing chemistry we have here under Dickey!

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:28 PM
1:27: Just an obvious thought here. If the Bills keep 10 DB's, which they almost always do; then John Wendling, Ashton Youboty or Drayton Florence is definitely getting waived. My pick: Wendling, who struggled badly in the preseason.

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I thought maybe a few of the missed blitz pickups were the reason RHodes was let go.

ANy chance that if no one else nabs him we resign him after the start of the season so his contract isn't guaranteed?

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:30 PM
1:28: The Bills decision to only start the season with 3 running backs means they'll not keep either 4 TE instead of 3, or 7 LB instead of 6.

This could be good news for Stupar or Corto.

I really think Ashlee Palmer has made this team over Corto.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:31 PM
1:27: Just an obvious thought here. If the Bills keep 10 DB's, which they almost always do; then John Wendling, Ashton Youboty or Drayton Florence is definitely getting waived. My pick: Wendling, who struggled badly in the preseason.

Although a lot of people want to see Florence cut (I have no idea why), I think he makes it and plays well for the Bills this season. I thought he played solid before he was hurt and was holding down the 3rd CB spot before the injury.

psubills62
09-05-2009, 12:31 PM
At the end of the day, I think Bell's injury may have saved Walker. I cant see how they can start Bell in week one after missing all that time.

However, I do NOT think Butler is going anywhere other than RT. .They are not going to flip flop him around like that again. Wood and Levitre are the starting guards, and McKinney and Chambers are backups.

So wait...they don't mind flip-flopping Walker around, but Butler MUST stay at RT now? That's BS...Walker is a much better RT than Butler. There's no way they should cut Walker...just put Bell at LT and Walker at RT.

This OL is in shambles. They'd better draft two or three tackles next year. They'd better turn all those DB picks into OT picks, imo.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:32 PM
1:28: The Bills decision to only start the season with 3 running backs means they'll not keep either 4 TE instead of 3, or 7 LB instead of 6.

This could be good news for Stupar or Corto.

I really think Ashlee Palmer has made this team over Corto.

It is never good news when a player like Corto makes the team...he adds very little value to this team. Yes, I know, he's a local boy and he plays ST, but besides that, he just doesn't have a position.

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 12:33 PM

I'd actually cut Wendling AND Youboty. Neither is worth much of anything anyway.

Mcgee
Mckelvin
Corner
Lankster
Florence

****ner
Scott
Wilson
Byrd

Keep 9 and sign someone else if need be.

those 2 are dead weight.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I'd actually cut Wendling AND Youboty. Neither is worth much of anything anyway.

Mcgee
Mckelvin
Corner
Lankster
Florence

****ner
Scott
Wilson
Byrd

Keep 9 and sign someone else if need be.

those 2 are dead weight.

I agree 100%...it's time to cut the dead weight on this team!

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 12:35 PM
So Corto is out...

We Keep:

Poz
Kawika
Ellison (sigh)
Harris
Buggs
Palmer

So Bowen is out too? Or Buggs? Or keep all 3?

I have to assume it's Bowen, which is funny as i (surprisingly) heard a lot of people claiming he had a shot to replace Ellison before the preseason started.

He's way to small, and Harris looks like the real deal.. the sooner he starts the better.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:35 PM
So wait...they don't mind flip-flopping Walker around, but Butler MUST stay at RT now? That's BS...Walker is a much better RT than Butler. There's no way they should cut Walker...just put Bell at LT and Walker at RT.

This OL is in shambles. They'd better draft two or three tackles next year. They'd better turn all those DB picks into OT picks, imo.

Then it's Butler who would get cut in that scenario. My point of it was this team is NOT going to pay Butler or Walker to be a backup. Levitre is the starting left guard, and that's not going to change.

Once again though, Bell's injury probably saved Walker (or as you say, Butler)

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
So Corto is out...

We Keep:

Poz
Kawika
Ellison (sigh)
Harris
Buggs
Palmer

Buggs isn't going anywhere. He's the backup MLB now.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
So Corto is out...

We Keep:

Poz
Kawika
Ellison (sigh)
Harris
Buggs
Palmer

I think you have the 6 LB correct.. But carrying only 3 RB might enable them to keep 7 LB. In that case, Corto probably makes the team.

I do not think Alvin Bowen has made the roster.

Lexwhat
09-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Then it's Butler who would get cut in that scenario. My point of it was this team is NOT going to pay Butler or Walker to be a backup. Levitre is the starting left guard, and that's not going to change.

Once again though, Bell's injury probably saved Walker (or as you say, Butler)

Personally, I would cut Butler.

Langston Walker can be an emergency LT in case Bell goes down. It hurts me to say that though, and I only say it because we lack other options.

X-Era
09-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Vets that should be cut:

Chris Kelsay AND Ryan Denney
Keith Ellison
John Wendling
Florence
Ko Simpson

patmoran2006
1:37: Boston Globe has NE waiving LB Paris Lennon.

Canadian'eh!
I think you have the 6 LB correct.. But carrying only 3 RB might enable them to keep 7 LB. In that case, Corto probably makes the team.

I do not think Alvin Bowen has made the roster.

I hope it's Stupar and not Corto. Stupar has more potential.

X-Era
1:37: Boston Globe has NE waiving LB Paris Lennon.

On PFT too... I wouldnt mind him, our backups are green as the hills.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Vets that should be cut:

Keith Ellison
John Wendling
Florence
Ko Simpson

I agree with most, but why do you think Florence should be cut? He was one of the better CBs before his injury! Also, Simpson has been traded to the Lions...where have you been?

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Personally, I would cut Butler.

Langston Walker can be an emergency LT in case Bell goes down. It hurts me to say that though, and I only say it because we lack other options.

Cutting Butler would be stupid.

He was probably our best OL last year. He may not be cut out for OT, but he's a good OG. He's not making huge money either.

There are no guarantees that Levitre and Wood will be great... better to hedge those bets by keeping Butler around.

X-Era
09-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I agree with most, but why do you think Florence should be cut? He was one of the better CBs before his injury! Also, Simpson has been traded to the Lions...where have you been?

I saw the rumor on Simpson, Im waiting for confirmation.

I say Florence because Id like Lankster to see the field in the nickel... I really like that kid.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM

I say Florence because Id like Lankster to see the field in the nickel... I really like that kid.

It's not a rumor...it's a done deal.

im8th2buffalo
I saw the Simpson info on the NFL network.

patmoran2006

Reggie Corner has without question locked down the nickel back job.

Lankster has "made the roster but inactive on game days' written all over him.

Lexwhat
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Vets that should be cut:

Keith Ellison
John Wendling
Florence
Ko Simpson

As much as I hate Keith Ellison, I think it's stupid to cut him. We don't have a very good group of LBs.

Ellison has a ton of starting experience, and at worst, he makes for an excellent back-up.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM

I don't want Florence cut just to get a rookie on the field. I too like Lankster and think he'll be very good in the future, but Florence is a very solid CB and a great player to keep for depth.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
As much as I hate Keith Ellison, I think it's stupid to cut him. We don't have a very good group of LBs.

Ellison has a ton of starting experience, and at worst, he makes for an excellent back-up.

I understand your point, but I've seen plenty of LBs cut already who would be a vast improvement over Ellison. I'd love to see this organization start acting like a winning organization and cut the dead weight that is always on this roster.

Lexwhat
Reggie Corner has without question locked down the nickel back job.

Lankster has "made the roster but inactive on game days' written all over him.

Corner has definitely locked down the Nickle Spot...

So why would we pay $3.3 million to a Dime CB in Florence?? That's ridiculous.

(Florence signed a 2 year deal for $6.6 million, so maybe I have the breakdown wrong). But either way, Youboty or Lankster could easily play the Dime position.

Canadian'eh!
I don't want Florence cut just to get a rookie on the field. I too like Lankster and think he'll be very good in the future, but Florence is a very solid CB and a great player to keep for depth.

Lankster is basically wearing Reggie Corner's shoes from last year.

You can see the talent and ball skills def on display, but he needs a year before he sees the field consistently... But like Corner I expect him to be in the mix for a top 3 or 4 spot by next preseason.

X-Era

I dont see what hes really bringing us. I feel were in good shape with Corner, Youbouty, and Lankster.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 12:45 PM

(Florence signed a 2 year deal for $6.6 million, so maybe I have the breakdown wrong). But either way, Youboty or Lankster could easily play the Dime position.
I agree. .I think Florence is a strong cut possibility.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:46 PM

Youboty is not nearly as good as Florence. Winning teams keep veterans on the team to provide depth, you can't just have young guys...that is a recipe for disaster.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I dont see what hes really bringing us. I feel were in good shape with Corner, Youbouty, and Lankster.

If you think Youboty is just as good, then I think you're confused.

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 12:47 PM

I have to agree with you. Though I Florence would do well as the Nickel, I don't know if he makes due to the financial side of things.

Ideally to me we'd keep him in case of an injury as Corner would move into the starters spot, and Florence would be a good Nickel option, as opposed to Lankster or Youboty.

But the Bills being the Bills won't pay that kind of money for a safety net. Which is why our depth is often lousy.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I agree. .I think Florence is a strong cut possibility.

And that would be yet another mistake by this franchise.

Lexwhat
09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
I understand your point, but I've seen plenty of LBs cut already who would be a vast improvement over Ellison. I'd love to see this organization start acting like a winning organization and cut the dead weight that is always on this roster.

I think the proper way to do it would have been to sign a LB months ago. I would have loved to have gotten rid of Ellison then, but I don't think we have many options now. I personally think that Derrick Brooks is the best option right now (as a 1 year starter).

Anyways, even if Nic Harris (or a FA) starts over Ellison, do you really think that Ellison is worse than the other backup LBs we have?

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
I think the proper way to do it would have been to sign a LB months ago. I would have loved to have gotten rid of Ellison then, but I don't think we have many options now. I personally think that Derrick Brooks is the best option right now (as a 1 year starter).

Anyways, even if Nic Harris (or a FA) starts over Ellison, do you really think that Ellison is worse than the other backup LBs we have?

Yes, I do. I don't think this guy is very good at all. It's just my opinion, but you're just not going to win many games with this guy in your starting lineup.

Lexwhat
Youboty is not nearly as good as Florence. Winning teams keep veterans on the team to provide depth, you can't just have young guys...that is a recipe for disaster.

I know he's not as good as Florence, but this team has a problem of "too many CBs."

What team in their right mind would pay a Dime CB $3.3 million?

DBrown77
I cant believe people even mention cutting Butler. Did we not just lock him up long term last year? he is probably the best lineman we have.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I know he's not as good as Florence, but this team has a problem of "too many CBs."

What team in their right mind would pay a Dime CB $3.3 million?

That point I can agree with, but I think people are wrong to think Florence isn't a better option to have as depth instead of Youboty or a rookie. Ultimately, you're probably right and the money will be the reason he is cut.

BillsWin
bells injury saved walkers job. period.

Canadian'eh!
I'm 110% for letting Harris start over Ellison right now.

I know he will make mistakes due to inexperience.. but he will also make more plays. He has an amazing ability to be around the ball and make the tackle.

I think he might have some major potential and I'd rather him start learning by playing right now. Even if it means getting burned on some passing plays for now.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 12:55 PM

Florence is better than Youboty.

And Lankster is not ready for regular duty. I think he will be, but he is not there yet.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm 110% for letting Harris start over Ellison right now.

I know he will make mistakes due to inexperience.. but he will also make more plays. He has an amazing ability to be around the ball and make the tackle.

I think he might have some major potential and I'd rather him start learning by playing right now. Even if it means getting burned on some passing plays for now.

That's exactly how I feel. I already know that Ellison brings nothing to this team and never makes any plays, so why not let the rookie, who is more athletic and seems to be around the ball all the time, get a chance to see what he can do? I don't see why this should even be a tough call?!?!

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Florence is better than Youboty.

And Lankster is not ready for regular duty. I think he will be, but he is not there yet.

Exactly how I feel...Lankster is going to be good, but he isn't there yet and we have better options in case of injury.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I am going to be gone for about a hour.. If anyone has news or stuff, let's keep this rolling.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 01:14 PM
2:14: Just spoke to someone else who said Langston Walker could be in big trouble. If by chance the Bills were to cut Walker, they would absolutely have to pick up another OL via the waiver wire.

X-Era
09-05-2009, 01:15 PM
2:14: Just spoke to someone else who said Langston Walker could be in big trouble. If by chance the Bills were to cut Walker, they would absolutely have to pick up another OL via the waiver wire.

I would rather keep him honestly... but I wouldnt be dead set against it.

I really would like us to bring in another vet then.

The Juice Is Loose
09-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I see the depth chart like this...I'm going to skip obvious positions like QB, RB, DT, and K/P/LS

WR - TO, Lee, Reed, Stevie, Roscoe. IDK why we have to get rid of Roscoe. He's a punt returner and we should keep him to do that. I don't see how he can be ahead of Stevie on the WR chart. But I'm not in charge.

TE - Schouman, Nelson, Fine, Stupar - Nelson is too good to not get on the field. So I'd have fine and Schouman rotate at 1 with any 2 te sets including Nelson. Fine and Schouman are exactly the same type of TE, so why put them both out at the same time?

OL - I don't see how Walker could get cut. They signed him to that deal and IMO has lived up to anything we could expect from him. If anything they move him to RT and Butler to G to let Levitre grow and not have his confidence shattered. Cutting Walker would not only be dumb, but an injustice and a true lapse in judgement. We know who's making the team though.

DE - Schobel, Kelsay/Maybin. I see Denney being the odd man out and selling our playbook to NE within the week.

LB - Ellison will start the season, Harris will finish it. Poz/Mitchell have awesome year, IMO.

CB - Leodis, McGee, Corner, Florence, Youbody.

SS - Whitner, Scott

FS - Byrd, Wilson

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
2:16: Last post for the next hour. Ellis Lankster HAS made the final roster according someone with inside knowledge (and that is not me)

I think Youboty may be getting his walking papers if they didnt find a trading partner for him today (possibly Cleveland)

psubills62
09-05-2009, 01:20 PM

Maybe they could sign Damion McIntosh? He was cut by the Chiefs earlier. Levi Jones is still out there.

Canadian'eh!
09-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe they could sign Damion McIntosh? He was cut by the Chiefs earlier. Levi Jones is still out there.

Also heard that Jax will either trade or Cut Tony Pashos.

They have way too many OTs. Tra Thomas might have to be moved as well.

YardRat
09-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Pretty sad when you're reduced to scanning the waiver wire for somebody else's leftover to come in and start at left tackle.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Pretty sad when you're reduced to scanning the waiver wire for somebody else's leftover to come in and start at left tackle.

That's what you get with this organization...no preparation for the future.

The Juice Is Loose
09-05-2009, 02:00 PM
That's what you get with this organization...no preparation for the future.

I guarantee Rhodes gets signed and if Langston gets cut I guarantee he gets signed.

Everybody has different depth and sometimes guys don't fit in places. I mean the Raiders got rid of Randy Moss for crying out loud!

These things happen. I will say that I feel cutting Langston would be a huge mistake. I don't see how if you put a list of our top 5 linemen how he's not on the list.

Jauron has one life left as far as being the coach of this team. And barring some huge trade, he has to go with the best 53 we have that can produce NOW.

I don't see how if Bell is coming on, that means Langston must go. It just makes zero sense.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Langston is an all pro. But what he is is our best pass protector at this time. He's an RT who's going out on a limb for the team and switching to LT. Think about it. Dexterity man. If your righty and have played righty your whole career, all of a sudden you switch to lefty? Show me a QB who can throw with their off hand even a little.

If a guy has a strength you have to put him in position to use it. Just another reason Jauron just isn't very in touch in personnel choices.

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm all over **** today, and since this is my favorite board (for the next 9 days, lol) I'm staying right here.

Hey would you consider keeping the top post updated with cuts for quick reference

thanks

thenry20
09-05-2009, 02:06 PM

Whendling deserves to be cut for that bonehead play of his vs. the Titans alone. A fundamental mistake for a guy who has played several years on ST and should not be made by a vet.

YardRat
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Whendling deserves to be cut for that bonehead play of his vs. the Titans alone. A fundamental mistake for a guy who has played several years on ST and should not be made by a vet.

Great point here.

The Juice Is Loose
09-05-2009, 02:20 PM
times up

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I could see Walker getting cut, but quite frankly not b'cse of his play - he has not been the worst Olineman out there and quite frankly, if he couldn't cut it at LT, they should have moved him back to RT - which appears to be his true position. But clearly the FO doesn't really like him and are looking for an excuse to dump him. Bell getting hurt is forcing them to rethink, but from everything I've read, there is a split on how the FO feels about him and ultimately, how Jauron feels about him is what will decide the matter.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Havent heard any Bills news in the past hour. . Tightly guarded?
The only reason the Rhodes cut became public so quickly was his agent spilled the beans to Fox Sports

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 02:49 PM
3:49: From the "who cares' department.

Could Joey Harrington soon be joining JP Losman amongst the UFL quarterback ranks?

He's been cut by New Orleans. He couldnt even beat out 78 year old Mark Brunnel.

X-Era
09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
3:49: From the "who cares' department.

Could Joey Harrington soon be joining JP Losman amongst the UFL quarterback ranks?

He's been cut by New Orleans. He couldnt even beat out 78 year old Mark Brunnel.

Cuts have to be in by 4 right?

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Cuts have to be in by 4 right?

I believe it is 6pm.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 02:54 PM
3:53: Very interesting. I spoke to the best contact I got, and he told me that ALL Buffalo Bills players were informed yesterday that they are forbidden to post any "tweets" on their accounts today until Bills roster moves were made public.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 03:03 PM
4:01: The odds of cutting Chris Kelsay are not high. Kelsay was already paid a roster bonus of over $2.5 million by remaining on the roster past March 1st.

And his "cash to cap" number for 2009, which is the real number the Bills operate by; is only a little over $1 million more than Ryan Denney.

So if the Bills have cut one of the two, it's more likely Denney.

BAM
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
3:53: Very interesting. I spoke to the best contact I got, and he told me that ALL Buffalo Bills players were informed yesterday that they are forbidden to post any "tweets" on their accounts today until Bills roster moves were made public.
You mean "TO was informed"? heheh

Lexwhat
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
4:01: The odds of cutting Chris Kelsay are not high. Kelsay was already paid a roster bonus of over $2.5 million by remaining on the roster past March 1st.

And his "cash to cap" number for 2009, which is the real number the Bills operate by; is only a little over $1 million more than Ryan Denney.

:crap:

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
4:08- Copeland Bryan's 2009 salary cap number is only a little over $450K. Could it factor into today's decision?

jamze132
09-05-2009, 03:13 PM

One of those two douches is better than nothing. It gets better DEs more playing time.

patmoran2006
4:12pm- Rhodes' release was hardly financially motivated. He only signed a 2 year deal worth $2.55 million in April. Only $200K was paid out as a roster bonus.

Nighthawk

Well, I'm guessing your contact is wrong or Maybin just decided to ignore it. He has posted on his today.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Since Rhodes was cut? Maybin had something about PSU.. I was referring to personnel moves

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Since Rhodes was cut? Maybin had something about PSU.. I was referring to personnel moves

Gotcha...

Michael82
09-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm betting the twitter ban has something to do with T.O. leaking out the Maybin story early.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 03:38 PM
4:37: Brian Brohm is getting cut by the Packers. Do the Patriots take a long look at him? (Booty also cut from Vikes)

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 03:39 PM
The Broncos cut DE Tim Crowder...who I think is better then Denney or Kelsay and he is a good fit in the 4-3. This is a move I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills make. I'd also like to see them sign Brohm...the kid has talent and is a much better project then Hamdan.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 03:48 PM
4:46-- Hmmm, perhaps the first piece of interesting news in at least a few hours. A media member reached Drew Rosenhaus, agent for Roscoe Parrish, asking for comment about his status; and Rosenhaus refused comment.

Could Parrish possibly be released? I really REALLY don't see any logic in that?

Jaybird
09-05-2009, 03:49 PM
4:46-- Hmmm, perhaps the first piece of interesting news in at least a few hours. A media member reached Drew Rosenhaus, agent for Roscoe Parrish, asking for comment about his status; and Rosenhaus refused comment.

Could Parrish possibly be released? I really REALLY don't see any logic in that?

Or maybe a trade????

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Dont know.. Am surely trying to dig in though and find out.

I can PROMISE you this though, not even counting Rhodes-- whoever made a projected a 53-man roster in the past few days, including myself. Is wrong.

There are at least two notable moves coming in the next hour.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:01 PM

That would be stupid...if you can trade Simpson for a draft pick, you sure as hell can get a pick for one of the best return men in the game.

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Or maybe a trade????

Parrish has trade value. teams who need a #4 or #5 WR and a PR will line up.

The Bills have better options at #4 and #5 WR. We'll take a hit on Punt return duties, but I would think the Bills could possibly get a #4 for RP since I beleive he becomes a top FA after cutdown day, and can help a team who is poised to make as playoff run.

HOWEVER the billion $$$ question is do the Bills bring in FA's at this point knowing that there will be some out there that can improve this team as it is. :whistling

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Parrish has trade value. teams who need a #4 or #5 WR and a PR will line up.

The Bills have better options at #4 and #5 WR. We'll take a hit on Punt return duties, but I would think the Bills could possibly get a #4 for RP since I beleive he becomes a top FA after cutdown day, and can help a team who is poised to make as playoff run.

HOWEVER the billion $$$ question is do the Bills bring in FA's at this point knowing that there will be some out there that can improve this team as it is. :whistling

Of course they won't, they'll be "happy" with their guys!

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I think I heard Polian talking about looking for a punt returner after the game a couple of nights ago.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 04:07 PM
That would be stupid...if you can trade Simpson for a draft pick, you sure as hell can get a pick for one of the best return men in the game. In theory, but:

1. They got Detroit to take Simpson. The one franchise worse than the Bills.

2. Parrish has a much higher salary.

That being said, a low round pick should be obtainable for him if that is what they are doing.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
In theory, but:

1. They got Detroit to take Simpson. The one franchise worse than the Bills.

2. Parrish has a much higher salary.

That being said, a low round pick should be obtainable for him if that is what they are doing.

Good point, but I still think you should be able to find a partner.

trapezeus
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
why do we need a dedicated punt return man, when our defense rarely gets the other team to punt?

plus i believe april's schemes makes a lot of the returners succesful...the only thing is that the guys have to catch the ball.

mister lankster is good with me as a punt man.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:11 PM
5:10pm- nfl.com reports that former Bill Lawyer MIlloy has signed with Seattle. The Seahawks cut a safety today.

Jaybird
Or McKelvin

patmoran2006
why do we need a dedicated punt return man, when our defense rarely gets the other team to punt?

plus i believe april's schemes makes a lot of the returners succesful...the only thing is that the guys have to catch the ball.

mister lankster is good with me as a punt man.
Because our offense is so futile, that we need every advantage on special teams we could possibly get.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
5:10pm- nfl.com reports that former Bill Lawyer MIlloy has signed with Seattle. The Seahawks cut a safety today.

See, other teams are always looking to sign better players to improve their teams, but we have to be happy with "our" guys. This crap frustrates me to no end!

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
5:13pm- well, we're inside an hour now before cuts have to be made.

I think its universal that fans are rooting for kelsay or Kenney to get cut in favor of Copleand.

I stand by my thinking that a suprise cut on the offense is coming.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
5:13pm- well, we're inside an hour now before cuts have to be made.

I think its universal that fans are rooting for kelsay or Kenney to get cut in favor of Copleand.

I stand by my thinking that a suprise cut on the offense is coming.

I don't know who Kenney is, but I sure as hell hope Kelsay gets the boot!

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
LOL. Meant Denney.. Sorry, trying to do a lot of stuff and keep posting here as well.

trapezeus
09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
isn't it awful that every move the bills make can either go in the right direction or the wrong direction, ubt you just know it'll go the wrong direction these days.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
isn't it awful that every move the bills make can either go in the right direction or the wrong direction, ubt you just know it'll go the wrong direction these days.

When you've got a coach who really doesn't know how to win, nothing surprises me anymore!

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:18 PM
5:16pm: well, the good (or bad depending on how you look at it) news for fans, is that typically when a name-player gets cut, it gets leaked out early by that players agent (see Rhodes)

The fact it looks like the Bills are going to announce all of their cuts at once, increases the probability that no bigger named players are getting the heave-ho.

Of course, for people hoping for a name DL or OL cut, that may not make you jump for joy.

TigerJ
09-05-2009, 04:20 PM
1:27: Just an obvious thought here. If the Bills keep 10 DB's, which they almost always do; then John Wendling, Ashton Youboty or Drayton Florence is definitely getting waived. My pick: Wendling, who struggled badly in the preseason.In that group of potential cuts, I'd say Wendling is just about a no brainer. He's got the athleticism, but apparently not the instincts.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:23 PM
5:20- I have reliable reason to believe Roscoe Parrish has been shopped around the league over this past couple of days. The Bills do not want to carry 7 WR when Hardy is back and they value Justin Jenkins for ST.

Parrish if he isnt dealt today could be cut. And even if he isn't, I still believe they will find a trading partner. Don't expect Roscoe Parrish to be a Bill for much longer.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:31 PM
5:29pm: (I have a networked friend at the Ralph right now I"m talking to 15 times per hour- waiting for Bills conference later to announce moves)

Anyway, told that Derek Fine was just seen at the facilities, which would make it highly doubtful he got cut. That means he probably sticks on roster. At least that is the assumption.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:32 PM
5:29pm: (I have a networked friend at the Ralph right now I"m talking to 15 times per hour- waiting for Bills conference later to announce moves)

Anyway, told that Derek Fine was just seen at the facilities, which would make it highly doubtful he got cut. That means he probably sticks on roster. At least that is the assumption.

Bad move...Stupar has shown more then Fine and should've made the roster.

Michael82
It's so obvious that they have been showcasing him. I would hate to cut him and get nothing. But I could definitely see Parrish getting traded for a 5th rounder.

patmoran2006
5:30- Jamie Winborn, a LB who the Bills showed interest in this past spring, was just cut by Atlanta.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
See, other teams are always looking to sign better players to improve their teams, but we have to be happy with "our" guys. This crap frustrates me to no end!

Milloy is a bad example.

Guy is washed up.

Dr. Lecter

We don't if he didn't.

patmoran2006
I'm starting to think if they do carry 4 TE's, that the new kid from New England may make it before him (Stupar)

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
5:34- As per the norm, the Bills are one of the very last teams in the league to make anything official.

Michael82
09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I heard that Cato June was put on IR.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Milloy is a bad example.

Guy is washed up.

I know, but you get my point. Honestly, you seem to have to argue everyone of my posts, so this doesn't surprise me.

gimpy
09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
5:20- I have reliable reason to believe Roscoe Parrish has been shopped around the league over this past couple of days. The Bills do not want to carry 7 WR when Hardy is back and they value Justin Jenkins for ST.

Parrish if he isnt dealt today could be cut. And even if he isn't, I still believe they will find a trading partner. Don't expect Roscoe Parrish to be a Bill for much longer.
If the Bills wouldn't trade him in the offseason, why now?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2022/roscoe-perishing-on-buffalo-s-sideline

"Shortly after the Owens acquisition, reports circulated Parrish was on the trading block, suggesting the Bills were shopping him around. But that wasn't true, regardless of how badly agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents both Parrish and Owens, wanted to stimulate some action.

The Bills simply weren't interested in trading Parrish."

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm starting to think if they do carry 4 TE's, that the new kid from New England may make it before him (Stupar)

Now that would be stupid...

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I know, but you get my point. Honestly, you seem to have to argue everyone of my posts, so this doesn't surprise me.

:rolleyes:

We have actually agreed quite a bit lately. Apparently you have missed that.

Point is, if the Bills signed Milloy (or somebody like him) you would bash them for bringing in a washed up player. They don't sign him and you bash them.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Now that would be stupid...
stupar was anything but impressive vs Detroit, and when your a bubble guy, the preseason, every play-- does matter.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 04:40 PM
stupar was anything but impressive vs Detroit, and when your a bubble guy, the preseason, every play-- does matter.

He was pretty flat out bad against Detroit and not very good against Pittsburgh.

His blocking was weak against the Lions too.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
:rolleyes:

We have actually agreed quite a bit lately. Apparently you have missed that.

Point is, if the Bills signed Milloy (or somebody like him) you would bash them for bringing in a washed up player. They don't sign him and you bash them.

True, we have agreed on a lot of things, but even when you agree, you have to throw in something like you did above...highlighted in red. No biggie...but you need to relax and get off my jock a bit.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
5:49pm- PURE speculation and let me say it again, SPECULATION on my part.. But

I heard Kirk Chambers has been getting backup reps at LT. Could it be possible that Chambers may hold down LT until Bell is ready to start at LT, which would mean the departure of Walker?

tatersalad
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
when is the exact cut down time ?

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM

I heard Kirk Chambers has been getting backup reps at LT. Could it be possible that Chambers may hold down LT until Bell is ready to start at LT, which would mean the departure of Walker?

I hope not. Chambers has been owned in preseason...by backups!!!

Nighthawk

Wow, Pat...now you're getting a little crazy. I know you're jonesing for information, but that one is a little out there. Which means, the Bills will probably do it! :peace:

Dr. Lecter
6 PM

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:52 PM
when is the exact cut down time ?

6:00pm

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:52 PM
As I said, that post was purely self-admitted speculation..

I cant stand Chambers.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope not. Chambers has been owned in preseason...by backups!!!

I agree. It might be due to the Bills moving him all over the line, but he looks nothing like he did last year.

I was wondering if Scott would beat him out.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I agree. It might be due to the Bills moving him all over the line, but he looks nothing like he did last year.

I was wondering if Scott would beat him out.

I've liked Scott a lot more then Chambers this preseason...to me, he's shown enough to keep the backup tackle position.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Certainly possible.. Chambers is anything but a lock right now, lol.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Certainly possible.. Chambers is anything but a lock right now, lol.

I can't believe we're all getting excited over the possibility of Jonathan Scott making it over Kirk Chambers. Has this what it's become to be a Bills fan?!?!? :roflmao:

tatersalad
am i the only one who thinks steve johnson is bettor than reed or anyone else not named evans, or owens?

Nighthawk
am i the only one who thinks steve johnson is bettor than reed or anyone else not named evans, or owens?

No, I believe he should be ahead of Reed on the depth chart.

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2009, 04:59 PM
am i the only one who thinks steve johnson is bettor than reed or anyone else not named evans, or owens?Yes.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Watch, there will be no surprises on the cuts and they will keep the same mediocre players that everybody knows should be cut!

ParanoidAndroid
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I can't believe we're all getting excited over the possibility of Jonathan Scott making it over Kirk Chambers. Has this what it's become to be a Bills fan?!?!? :roflmao:

Indeed, Nighthawk.....indeeeeed.

Dr. Pepper
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
well, it's 6:01...

Michael82
09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow! I don't know what the hell is up with all this cut Walker bull****. He's not that bad and was actually very good at RT. If this happens...I blame the coaching staff. Walker hated LT and let alot of people know it. He knew he wasnt good at LT and due to his size...his best place was at RT. but the coaching staff was stupid and didnt see it.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
This is a direct quote from Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News. Perhaps the Rhodes cut was financially motivated afterall.

"But money, not performance, may have been the biggest factor in Rhodes' release. The move saves the Bills more than $2 million. He was due to make base salaries of $750,000 this year and $1.25 million in 2010 as part of a two-year contract, which included a $200,000 signing bonus. The Bills also avoid paying Rhodes a $150,000 roster bonus, which he would have gotten had he made the team."

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Johnson deserves a real chance to prove he's better then Reed. they haven't given him the chance to prove it though.

Johnson got very little if any 1st string reps in PS, and that WAS LAME

However without a doubt, Stevie should definitely be in the red zone package over Reed.

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I know, wouldn't want to keep a guy who might help the team when they could save a little money. Geesh...

tatersalad
09-05-2009, 05:05 PM
This is a direct quote from Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News. Perhaps the Rhodes cut was financially motivated afterall.

"But money, not performance, may have been the biggest factor in Rhodes' release. The move saves the Bills more than $2 million. He was due to make base salaries of $750,000 this year and $1.25 million in 2010 as part of a two-year contract, which included a $200,000 signing bonus. The Bills also avoid paying Rhodes a $150,000 roster bonus, which he would have gotten had he made the team."

That isn't a shock is it just look at your avatar it seems correct

historypete
09-05-2009, 05:06 PM

Aren't we 15 or 20 million under the cap still?

Nighthawk
09-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Aren't we 15 or 20 million under the cap still?

Can never save enough money when you're the Buffalo Bills!

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 05:11 PM
The Eagles have cut TE Matt Schobel. Here's to hoping he doesnt get a reunion with his brother in Buffalo.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
6:11-- Sad news for UB fans. QB Drew Willy didnt make the Ravens roster.

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
The Eagles have cut TE Matt Schobel. Here's to hoping he doesnt get a reunion with his brother in Buffalo.

As of late the Bills collect average TEs like Gruden collected QBs.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 05:15 PM
As of late the Bills collect average TEs like Gruden collected QBs.

Normally, I'd agree w/you except that Shawn Nelson was an excellent draft that I think will break that mold.

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Normally, I'd agree w/you except that Shawn Nelson was an excellent draft that I think will break that mold.

I hope you're right.

So.............cuts????

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm hearing Kelsay has been discussed today. I think Maybin starts LDE and Ellis spells Schobel

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 05:23 PM
6:22: Jeff Garcia has been axe'd by Oakland. How long before NE calls?

JoeSelkirk
09-05-2009, 05:23 PM
The Bills can't even do this on time! They're having problems off the field.

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I worked all day....have we explored cutting Schobel? I just mean $$$-wise.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I hope you're right.

So.............cuts????

I know...what's up with the unavailability of info? The 6 o'clock news knew about Rhodes and that's it...and it's 6:30 PM.

Are the Bills working on swinging trades and therefore slow to release anything?

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I worked all day....have we explored cutting Schobel? I just mean $$$-wise.

I highly doubt it.,. THEY NEED him to be healthy and produce, with his $8.5 million cap figure and all.

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
His '09 and '10 salaries ARE GUARANTEED!!

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 05:34 PM
His '09 and '10 salaries ARE GUARANTEED!!

hahah

So I guess we'll find out from the next coaching staff.

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Schefter tweets:

DiGiorgio gone!

patmoran2006
damn.. Bryan got cut

PECKERWOOD
They should convert Nelson to a WR and just keep Schouman, Fine & Stupar.

Cutting Rhodes epitomizes the penny pinching attitude Ralph Wilson embodies, he would have been nice to have around while Lynch is suspended for the first 3 games.

Hopefully Reed, Parrish, Denney & Kelsay get traded or cut as well, I like our young talent at the DE & WR positions respectively.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Bryan, Stupar and Bowen notable cuts

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2009, 05:37 PM
8/24/2007: Signed a seven-year, $50.5 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed, including Schobel's first four base salaries. 2009: $3.5 million, 2010: $6.025 million, 2011-2012: $6.5 million, 2013: $8.5 million, 2014: Free Agenthttp://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2297

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Rhodes-released-Hardy-to-PUP/7065a2c1-7ce8-4965-8d81-2c84bd60e17c

Chambers too.

realdealryan
I was definitely hoping Bryan didn't get cut....

Dr. Lecter
Corto, Wendling, Lankster, Youboty all make it.

Yasgur's Farm
Bryan, Stupar and Bowen notable cutsDammit... I had all 3 making the 53... Add Chambers and Rhodes... Total of 5 off my 53.

PECKERWOOD
09-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm pleased to see Lankster make the roster, I like him alot as a special teams guy and as our 3rd CB possibly.

tatersalad
09-05-2009, 05:42 PM
wow i thought bowen has a shot he was a tackling machine at Iowa state

trapezeus
i'm disappointed that jauron didn't cut himself from this "team"

mysticsoto
Aaarrgggghhhh! They kept Kelsay over Bryan? How idiotic of this staff. That's why this team never goes anywhere!!!

hammerbillsfan
09-05-2009, 05:45 PM
They can't even get his name right!

Vets waived
OL Chris Chambers, who had served as the team’s swing tackle the past two seasons was also among the veterans released with Rhodes. The emergence of second-year tackle <nobr>Demetrius Bellhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/demetrius-bell/6ed4b1bf-1e11-41cb-a771-df5e08173b22/)</nobr> helped to make the veteran lineman expendable.

DMBcrew36
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
6:11-- Sad news for UB fans. QB Drew Willy didnt make the Ravens roster.
Old news. Saw it on Ravens website days ago

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
David Tyree got cut by the Giants...that guy with the one handed against the helmet catch in the SB.

Brian Russell S of the Hawks got cut.

Two guys that could help us out on the field.

realdealryan
09-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Bernard Pollard got the axe, too. Sentimental value, only, though.

mysticsoto
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
1:09: Tim Graham says that a source tells him the mood over at OBD is "edgy" and some surprise cuts could be coming today..

So who were the surprise cuts? Bryan and Stupar???

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 12:05 AM
So who were the surprise cuts? Bryan and Stupar???
I feel ya man.. He reported that too.

I think there were a lot of people on the bubble who ended up sticking if for nothing than a lack of better option.

I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow.

I'm really surprised about Bryan.. I said early in the day Lankster, Palmer and Bryan were sticking. . But Bryan didn't. I definitely think there were division about who our 5th DE would be.

patmoran2006
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM

If the Bills feel Demetrius Bell is ready to take over at LT, I think Walker is getting cut.. No way they are paying Walker to be a multi million dollar backup.

Hmmmm.. A few days later.. But still.