PDA

View Full Version : Good news, bad news

kernowboy
09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Well every cloud has a silver lining. If we perform as badly this season as everyone expects at least we will be drafting high in 2010 which appears to be as equally a deep a draft as 2009.

We should be able to get a stunning DL player in Carlos Dunlap, Gerald McCoy or Ndamukong Suh or a hell of a safety like Eric Berry or Taylor Mays. There are also players who for injury or academic reasons we can get lower in the draft like Myron Rolle and Sean Lee. The Top3 TEs in Jermaine Gresham, Rob Gronkowski and Dennis Pitna may all be better than Pettigrew. We can also make a run at local Bulls guy James Starks.

Free Agency will be tough if there is no cap because any valid candidate will likely choke on the mothballs as Ralph reluctantly opens his wallet. However during the season we shall hopefully see the OL gel into an effective unit and discover that Demetrius Bell is that guy we need defending the QBs blindside and saving us the need to draft a first round LT. Owens skills set should rub off on James Hardy and Steve Johnson, so a losing season could well be a very useful learning season.

However we might be stuck with the same Head Coach and Front Office, so no matter how many picks we stockpile, they will probably be spent stockpiling players in positions of comparative strength and ingoring areas of weakness.

Oh well

VeggieMan14
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Taylor Mays is the truth id love to see him on the Bills

kernowboy
09-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd go DL either an end opposite Maybin or a DT with Stroud.

Because Rolle skipped his senior season due to taking a Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford people will question his commitment to football and he'll fall well into Day2 but he's definitely an upgrade at SS and would pair well with Byrd.

BillsOwnAll
09-05-2009, 02:59 PM
how can you think about 2010 football season when the 2009 season is 9 days away??? how can you call yourself a fan.

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 03:43 PM
2010 is the year of the QB... Lots of potential NFL stars.

If Trent doesn't put up NFL QB numbers we need a 1st rd QB IMO

or at least this article got me thinking that way

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32652506/ns/sports-college_football/

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 03:44 PM
how can you think about 2010 football season when the 2009 season is 9 days away??? how can you call yourself a fan.

2 words

Dick Jauron

add in the fact that we are still suffering from past years of piss poor drafting, and th einability to bring in more top FA's

but we'll all be watching, I'm just unconfident

BillsOwnAll
09-05-2009, 03:58 PM
you think arizonas fans were thinking super bowl last year? anything is possible.

Billz_fan
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM
you think arizonas fans were thinking super bowl last year? anything is possible.

Um yeah, Lets put a pin in that thought for now. We just scored 0 TD's this preseason and we played an extra game!! then we fired our OC days before the season. Im all for optomism but lets not wear blinders either.

Anyway, I do not want Dick as coach during the draft next year if we have a high pick. Especially a QB. I can imagine Dick trying to coach Sam Bradford or similar. He will have him cowering in the pocket in 1 season.

BillsOwnAll
09-05-2009, 04:19 PM
cardinals werent thinking SB last year. And its why they play the game. I know the bills dont have the best chance to make the superbowl. But they have a chance to make the playoffs then anything can happen from there.

We also played those preseason games without our best player on offense.

Also when will you people realize preseason means nothing.

Billz_fan
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Ask Turk if preseason means nothing.

BillsOwnAll
09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
It doesnt. When he called that roll out in that jets game last year he shoulda been canned. If the players dont wanna play for him and they dont like the way he runs practice they will can him. like so. Preseason is just another practice for the players. It means just as much to them. Ask them.

Billz_fan
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok, Lets agree to revist this after lets say week 6. ;)

We will see how it plays out. Time will prove one of us correct. Im gonna go watch the rest of the Georgia game. Peace.

BillsOwnAll
09-05-2009, 04:35 PM
im not saying the bills are going to be great just cuase they had a bad preseason. Im saying preseaon doesnt matter. Lions looked good and went 4-0 last year in preseason, it sure carried over for them.

Billz_fan
09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
The record doesn't matter. Performance does matter. It cost people there jobs. Players and coaches. If you were a player or coach who gets canned in preseason your gonna think it matters.

These guys are losing physical matchups on both sides of the ball. Somehow, you think this is gonna better just because the season starts.

As I said, lets see how the team plays once the season starts and they play a few games. We could debate this all night. You nor I have control over any of it thouigh. They are just opinions.

It will be interesting to talk about after a few games.

kernowboy
09-05-2009, 05:21 PM
2010 is the year of the QB... Lots of potential NFL stars.

If Trent doesn't put up NFL QB numbers we need a 1st rd QB IMO

or at least this article got me thinking that way

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32652506/ns/sports-college_football/

I think the problem is we should only insert a QB once we have the team built around him, either youngsters we have given a season or two to, or rookies with a season under their belt. We need to sort out LE, DT beside Stroud, upgrade Ellison, and sort out the safeties, deal with any further issues that Lynch might continue to cause and get a top TE.

I am not sure that any of the QBs listed beyond Bradford and Snead are Day1 starters and some like Juice Williams might not even be QBs in the pros.

Personally I shall follow Pat Devlin's Delaware career with interest as the transfer from Penn St has all the tools. If he comes out early, he'll probably need a season carrying the clipboard but he could be a worthy R1 pick come 2011.

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Don't worry if we're bad enough to select Taylor Mays that means we're drafting either of these guys...

Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy.

Mad Bomber
09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Don't ya just love talking 2010 draft before the 2009 season even begins?

TigerJ
09-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I'd go DL either an end opposite Maybin or a DT with Stroud.

Because Rolle skipped his senior season due to taking a Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford people will question his commitment to football and he'll fall well into Day2 but he's definitely an upgrade at SS and would pair well with Byrd.

I sure would be tempted to move Maybin to RDE full time and draft Carlos Dunlap as my LDE.

T-Long
09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
It doesnt. When he called that roll out in that jets game last year he shoulda been canned. If the players dont wanna play for him and they dont like the way he runs practice they will can him. like so. Preseason is just another practice for the players. It means just as much to them. Ask them.
Dick called that play, not Turk