PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing the Bills did today.....

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Was not putting Marshawn on the reserve/suspended list.

Unless there is a procedural reason for this, it makes absolutely no sense. Why not do that and keep Bryan/Bowen/Stupar/anybody on the roster, even if they are only a gameday inactive (like Lynch will be)?

Sigh.

Time to start drinking again.

TigerJ
09-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm not familiar with all the special lists teams have for players who aren't on the active roster, but if that is an option, it certainly seems as if the Bills should have done it.

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Patmoran reported that he would be on the suspend list

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Chris Brown says he is on the list.

But, if he is (and the Simpson trade is 100% official), then I think the Bills are at 52.

Could be wrong though.

Hemlepp53
09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
The worst thing they did today was not handing Dick Jauron his walking papers......

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Dumped Bryan and kept Kelsay, Corto and a thousand CBs. Kept that do-nothing Fine, but dumped Stupar...yes, he had a bad Lions game...but his other 3 games were good. What has Fine had? NOTHING!!!

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I got 53, NOT counting Lynch.. Let me know if I made a mistake..

QB- Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Hamden (3)
RB- Jackson, Omon, McIntrye (3)
WR- Owens, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Jenkins (6)
TE: Schouman, Fine, Nelson (3)
OL: Walker, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Scott, McKinney, Bell (8)
DE: Schobel, Kelsay, Ellis, Maybin, Denney (5)
DT: Stroud, Williams, McCargo, Johnson (4)
LB: Mitchell, Poz, Ellison, Harris, Buggs, Palmer, Corto (7)
CB: McKelvin, McGee, Corner, Youboty, Florence, Lankster (6)
S: Whitner, Scott, Byrd, Wilson, Wendling (5)
ST: Lindell, Moorman, LS (3)

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 07:52 PM
You are right Pat.

I missed something when counting.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Dumped Bryan and kept Kelsay, Corto and a thousand CBs. Kept that do-nothing Fine, but dumped Stupar...yes, he had a bad Lions game...but his other 3 games were good. What has Fine had? NOTHING!!!

Meh. I am not big on Stupar. He is a weak blocker who looked good against other scrubs.

Fine is a 2nd year guy and a better blocker. I am more concerned with his injuries than his ability.

PECKERWOOD
09-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Trade Parrish, convert Nelson to WR and bring in Stupar as our 3rd TE. :up:

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Stupar is a prime practice squad players

He looked great against scrubs at times, but obvioulsy needs to work on his game as a whole

For Stupar to be put on the PS he has to clear waivers 1st. He wasn't ready for he 52 man roster. He did show promise though

I think Fine is better then many credit him for. He has made some nice catches in games that count in limited time as a rookie.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Trade Parrish, convert Nelson to WR and bring in Stupar as our 3rd TE. :up:

Trading Parrish will likely later allow Hardy to come back. If you convert Nelson, Who else leaves to allow Hardy back in? Jenkins? He's been playing pretty well...

Stupar outplayed Fine in the preseason and has been rewarded by giving walking papers...makes no sense.

ddaryl
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Trading Parrish will likely later allow Hardy to come back. If you convert Nelson, Who else leaves to allow Hardy back in? Jenkins? He's been playing pretty well...

Stupar outplayed Fine in the preseason and has been rewarded by giving walking papers...makes no sense.

Leave Nelson at TE I agree, but make him part of the red zone package. Evans, TO, Steve Johnson, Hardy (when healthy), Nelson

That's a lot of size right there. Outside of Evans all are above 6 FT. :air:

Stupar outplayed Fine in preseason against scrubs mostly, but Fine had a solid rookie outing in limited playtime. He made some solid grabs last year. He is a better blocker then Stupar, which is where Stupar is weak right now...

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Leave Nelson at TE I agree, but make him part of the red zone package. Evans, TO, Steve Johnson, Hardy (when healthy), Nelson

That's a lot of size right there. Outside of Evans all are above 6 FT. :air:

Stupar outplayed Fine in preseason against scrubs mostly, but Fine had a solid rookie outing in limited playtime. He made some solid grabs last year. He is a better blocker then Stupar, which is where Stupar is weak right now...

All our TEs suck at blocking...Schouman is actually the best one out of all. I suppose it doesn't matter that much since Fine/Stupar would mostly be at backup and not get much play time anyway, but I picture Schouman being in for blocking and short yardage and Nelson being in for longer passing and redzone plays.

SABURZFAN
09-06-2009, 10:31 AM
You are right Pat.

I missed something when counting.

gotta love when that Maple Grove education kicks in. :beers: