PDA

View Full Version : So who do you want in the PS?

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 09:01 PM
LB Alvin Bowen
RB Bruce Hall
DB Cary Harris
DT Derrick Jones
LB Ryan Manalac
TE Jonathan Stupar
OG Cory Lekkerkerker (released from Tennessee)
DE Maurice Evans (released from Giants)

Bmax
09-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Steve Justice -C released by colts...prac squad
Brian Brohm-on roster...cut Gibran.

Bmax

psubills62
09-05-2009, 11:18 PM
LB Alvin Bowen
RB Bruce Hall
DB Cary Harris
DT Derrick Jones
LB Ryan Manalac
TE Jonathan Stupar

My question is: can we get Evans and put him on the practice squad?

My understanding is that eligible players (usually those with only a year or two in the league) are put on waivers when they're released. If another team claims them on waivers (this is just a guess), they probably need to put them on their roster, not on the PS. I think once they pass waivers, then the Giants can put them on the PS.

That paragraph was my limited knowledge combined with attempts at educated guessing. If I'm wrong someone please let me know.

It just would seem too easy to pick up guys and put them on your PS otherwise. Kind of like you can't sign guys from another team's PS just to put them on your PS.

yordad
09-06-2009, 12:40 AM
My question is: can we get Evans and put him on the practice squad?

My understanding is that eligible players (usually those with only a year or two in the league) are put on waivers when they're released. If another team claims them on waivers (this is just a guess), they probably need to put them on their roster, not on the PS. I think once they pass waivers, then the Giants can put them on the PS.

That paragraph was my limited knowledge combined with attempts at educated guessing. If I'm wrong someone please let me know.

It just would seem too easy to pick up guys and put them on your PS otherwise. Kind of like you can't sign guys from another team's PS just to put them on your PS.I believe their old team gets first dibbs. If you take him, (which you can do even if he is on another practice squad) you have to make him part of the 53 for at least a couple games.

Night Train
09-06-2009, 08:13 AM
LB Alvin Bowen
RB Bruce Hall
DB Cary Harris
DT Derrick Jones
LB Ryan Manalac
TE Jonathan Stupar

That's pretty good.

mysticsoto
09-06-2009, 09:29 AM
That's pretty good.

Bowen may force Corto to get cut next year. I like what I saw of Derrick Jones...I hope he continues to improve! Cary Harris may have potential, but we are stacked at CB for awhile...though all may depend on whether we keep McGee or not. If there isn't announced an extension soon, I think it can be fair to deduce that he'll be gone. If Fine doesn't do anything much this year, he needs to be gone and Stupar might be able to sweep in. Lekkerkeker is supposedly pretty strong and might become a decent backup in a year or two. And Maurice Evans...the Giants have a good record of picking great defense guys. But they have such great players already, that it is not surprising they can't fit anyone else that may have potential.

casdhf
09-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I think we can do better than Bruce Hall. I'd like to see another QB added. Is Baker eligible?

mysticsoto
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I think we can do better than Bruce Hall. I'd like to see another QB added. Is Baker eligible?

If Baker can't beat Hamdan, then I don't want him on the PS...personally, I liked him better than Hamdan, but since the FO doesn't, it's clear we need to go in another direction.

casdhf
09-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Baker is PS eligible (I think) while Hamden is not. I bet that may have had something to do with the decision.

sdbillsfan2
09-06-2009, 01:07 PM
So who do you want in the PS?

1) Dick Jauron
2) The entire front office
3) Ralph Wilson's dog (Only cuz Ralph is so old)
4) Anybody who will kick the cr*p out #'s 1-2-3 for screwing up this team so bad.

Then cut them all loose. !

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I believe their old team gets first dibbs. If you take him, (which you can do even if he is on another practice squad) you have to make him part of the 53 for at least a couple games.
If a player is waived (take Bowen just for an example) he can sign wherever he wants.. He can go on Buffalo's PS, or say Cleveland's roster or even their PS. It's his choice

If you sign a player from another team's practice squad, you MUST put him on your 53-man roster and he is not eligible to go on that team's PS, at all- at any point.

I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
LB Alvin Bowen
RB Bruce Hall
DB Cary Harris
DT Derrick Jones
LB Ryan Manalac
TE Jonathan Stupar
NE 39 just posted em..

Running back Bruce Hall
Receiver C.J. Hawthorne
Receiver Felton Huggins
Tight end Jonathan Stupar
Offensive lineman Nick Hennessey
Defensive tackle Corey Mace
Linebacker Alvin Bowen
Defensive back Cary Harris