Wilson calls Bills staff to his house for a meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Wilson calls Bills staff to his house for a meeting.

Got a phone call around 11:00 Eastern from a source at espn radio saying that there was a rumor that Ralphie called the staff to his home today for a meeting...

yet to be confirmed. stay tuned.

now its confirmed. on espn.com

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach Dick Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason, according to team sources.

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach Dick Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason that resulted in the firing of offensive coordinator Turk Schonert, according to team sources.
    Wilson conducted a give-and-take session on the team's direction after the Bills' offense sputtered during a 1-4 preseason, sources said. In addition to Jauron and Brandon, Wilson also met with the Bills' new play-caller, quarterback coach Alex Van Pelt, and Eric Studesville, running back coach and running game coordinator.
    Substantive details of the confab are unknown but Wilson always has been a hands-on owner.
    "I will neither confirm nor deny that there was a meeting," said Scott Berchtold, the Bills Vice President of Communications.
    Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.
    Last edited by BillsWin; 09-05-2009, 10:09 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Just got a phone call guys...

its on espn.com so its legit.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Re: Just got a phone call guys...

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach Dick Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason, according to team sources.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Re: Wilson calls Bills staff to his house for a meeting.

Wonder what its about... I can only guess that he told them something along the lines of "your ass is grass if you don't turn this ship around and win me some football games."
        Last edited by BillsWin; 09-05-2009, 10:11 PM.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

I don't like it when owners start bothering their coaches. It's always bad news.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Scumbag College
            I don't like it when owners start bothering their coaches. It's always bad news.
            The problem is that our coaches probably need someone to bother them...
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

Wait !!

Is Ralph concerned about the teams performance in preseason ? Doesn't he know it doesn't matter ? I mean first they fire the OC and now this. Seems nobody told Ralph it doesn't matter. huh
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BSU Drew
                • Feb 2007

Or good news in the case... win games or get the **** out!!

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                  The problem is that our coaches probably need someone to bother them...
                  Yeah, but as rotten as Dick is, you don't need a 90 year old owner meddling with the team nine days before opening day. It's just piling on the bus to cluster****ville.
                  Last edited by Scumbag College; 09-05-2009, 10:18 PM.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

Yeah, but as rotten as Dick is, you don't need a 90 year old owner meddling with the team nine days before opening day. It's just piling on the bus to cluster****ville.
                    I have to disagree, but only slightly.

I think that if this was any other franchise you would be right. Just let it be and let the coaches do what theyre hired to do and dont meddle.

but with the Bills the situation is just so f'd up that you kind of have to step in and let them know that this will not stand. Maybe it lights a fire under the coaches' asses and gets us some wins. Lets face it, we have nowhere to go but up after this whole abomination of a offseason.

The only good things to happen this offseason were back in the spring. A solid draft and T.O. but even that wasnt enough to help us rise over our awful coaching.

the FO doesnt listen to the fans, and neither do the coaches but maybe if Ralph has seen the problems with this team, maybe meddling will help alittle...
                    Last edited by BillsWin; 09-05-2009, 10:24 PM.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

I feel bad for Wilson. Nobody saw this coming. It's shocking that a coach that started at 5-1 is the first guy in NFL history to finish with a losing season. Not firing him was really the best decision so how could this be happening? Things should be going great.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

I'd like to see Ralph do his last big deed before he goes and get Cowher on the phone ASAP. Do it and get it over with, it can't get any worse. He's got the cash. Do one more great thing. We can still make the playoffs.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Turf
                          I'd like to see Ralph do his last big deed before he goes and get Cowher on the phone ASAP. Do it and get it over with, it can't get any worse. He's got the cash. Do one more great thing. We can still make the playoffs.
                          not by bringing in a new HC 9 days until regular season kick off. We wouldnt win a single game.

We'll have to wait things out until after this season. Then we can get a GOOD coach.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

In Japan this owner would have already killed himself. Maybe we could suggest that Ralph do the honorable thing. This is 100% his fault.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                              not by bringing in a new HC 9 days until regular season kick off. We wouldnt win a single game.

We'll have to wait things out until after this season. Then we can get a GOOD coach.
                              Sadly for us to get a good coach Ralph is going to have to "break form" from his usual coach hiring procedure and open his wallet a little bit.
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X