PDA

View Full Version : I told you so. Now are you listening?

HHURRICANE
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I was out of town but the Bills were getting trashed everywhere I went. Now you are telling me that it's not the FO that is the problem? A real GM keeps Peters, tells Rhodes to STFU and play as the #3RB and like it, fires Jauron and Schonert, and gets rid of Kelsay and keeps Copeland Bryan.

I'll accept your apologies now.

BillsWin
09-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I should be the owner of this team someday. Maybe then Kelsay gets fired, we hire a REAL and PROVEN head coach and maybe, just maybe we bring in some talent instead of relying on high motor guys that will cost us less...

alas, we can all dream...

Billz_fan
09-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I was out of town but the Bills were getting trashed everywhere I went. Now you are telling me that it's not the FO that is the problem? A real GM keeps Peters, tells Rhodes to STFU and play as the #3RB and like it, fires Jauron and Schonert, and gets rid of Kelsay and keeps Copeland Bryan.

Bro Im in FL and I never here the end of it. Especially since Im Bills tattooed :laughter:

HHURRICANE
09-05-2009, 10:30 PM
They kept Wendling. That tells you everything you need to know.

BillsWin
09-05-2009, 10:32 PM
This is gunna be a LONG season. But I see green pastures over the horizon in the form of Brian Billick and Sam Bradford...

HHURRICANE
09-05-2009, 10:36 PM
This is gunna be a LONG season. But I see green pastures over the horizon in the form of Brian Billick and Sam Bradford...

You are dreaming if you think we are getting a high profile coach in here. Van Pelt will be the HC because we can get him on the cheap and he won't ruffle any feathers.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I will go ahead and disagree on Jason Peters right away.

Between what he wanted to get paid, and how he performed, and factor in Eric Wood into the mix, and Russ Brandon absolutely did the right thing with Peters.

PECKERWOOD
09-05-2009, 10:52 PM
I will go ahead and disagree on Jason Peters right away.

Between what he wanted to get paid, and how he performed, and factor in Eric Wood into the mix, and Russ Brandon absolutely did the right thing with Peters.

Levitre has absolutely looked the best between him and Wood. (we also traded up for Levitre, this is important so keep it in mind.) Keep in mind that we could have packaged up our 2nd and 3rd for a guy like Eric Wood and just kept Jason Peters here in the first place. Peters, Wood, Hangartner, Butler, Walker would be our starters coming into the season. Granted, we'd lose Nelson and Levitre but we'd have consistency on the right half of the line, which was dominant all of last year.

more cowbell
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
peters sucks.

aside from that russ brandon is absolutely a disgusting GM who is basically putting his PR background to work to fool us poor souls (the TO signing). which convieniently made us forget who was head coach until now...and after we all bought tickets and merchandise.

yordad
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM
You also told me Maybin looks slow.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 11:59 PM
peters sucks.

aside from that russ brandon is absolutely a disgusting GM who is basically putting his PR background to work to fool us poor souls (the TO signing). which convieniently made us forget who was head coach until now...and after we all bought tickets and merchandise.
I'm going to disagree with that too.

I dont know why, but there is something about Russ Brandon that I actually like.

He's at least making an effort to put out a better team.. He's not afraid to pull the trigger on big trades (see Marcus Stroud and Jason Peters.) He did move quickly to sign T.O., whom I still people havent seen how much he's capable of helping the offense. I think compared to the norm, he's a fairly aggressive GM.

At the very least, I'd take him over Marv Levy any day.

ddaryl
09-06-2009, 12:25 AM
dude you have an inferiority complex...

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2009, 01:59 AM

Apologies for what?? You being a overreacting douche as always??

Ok I am sorry for you...

Meathead
09-06-2009, 02:26 AM
:popcorn:

don137
09-06-2009, 05:19 AM
I do not think I recall any posters that is happy with the front office.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2009, 06:14 AM
A lot of you guys should get a job in professional football and stop telling the rest of us how smart you are.

Night Train
09-06-2009, 07:26 AM
" LOOK AT ME " strikes yet again.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 07:58 AM
This the same front office that got nothing for Clements (Birds chirping still). The Peters situation was created by the front office, not Peters. Peters didn't bring in Dockery and Walker and decide to pay them double what he was making.

He's carrying Dockery's sorry ass and making 4 million less a year. Don't judge the office on what happened the last 12 months ask yourself how it got to that. the problem started 3 years ago.

The same front office that bungled the trade paperwork and could have got something for Dockery. That's not the FO's fault?

Firing the OC 9 days before the season is not just the HC's fault. The same coach you decided to keep. Who's fault is that?

The o-line is a mess becuase of the stupid crap the inexperienced front office was doing 3 years ago.

Ginger Vitis
09-06-2009, 08:19 AM
This the same front office that got nothing for Clements (Birds chirping still). The Peters situation was created by the front office, not Peters. Peters didn't bring in Dockery and Walker and decide to pay them double what he was making.

He's carrying Dockery's sorry ass and making 4 million less a year. Don't judge the office on what happened the last 12 months ask yourself how it got to that. the problem started 3 years ago.

The same front office that bungled the trade paperwork and could have got something for Dockery. That's not the FO's fault?

Firing the OC 9 days before the season is not just the HC's fault. The same coach you decided to keep. Who's fault is that?

The o-line is a mess becuase of the stupid crap the inexperienced front office was doing 3 years ago.

HHurricane some guy from Atlanta called WGR Friday afternoon around 2:30 Eastern..Was that you?

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 08:28 AM
HHurricane some guy from Atlanta called WGR Friday afternoon around 2:30 Eastern..Was that you?

NO. I was actually in Buffalo Friday night and Saturday. However I did here Adam Shein ripping the Bills on Sirrius drving through Canada on my way back from Detroit.

I have an office that's doing really well in Buffalo so I have been spending a ton of time up there. It's been fun.

BlackMetalNinja
09-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Well I guess this year's "Biggest Douche on the Board" award is getting sewn up pretty early...

This trophy hat will be sent out in this week's mail!
http://rlv.zcache.com/worlds_biggest_douche_hat-p148572051266899200qz14_400.jpg

MikeInRoch
09-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Why do people even bother responding to his posts any more?

M
09-06-2009, 09:41 AM
This the same front office that got something out of nothing when they traded Ko Simpson

Fixed it for you.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Fixed it for you.

You relize that we turned a 4th rounder into a 7th most likely?

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Well I guess this year's "Biggest Douche on the Board" award is getting sewn up pretty early...

Yeah, I was a douche when I challenged the front office decision making two years ago and now I'm a douche because I'm right.

This is exactly why this board cracks me up. You have to result to calling people names to feel good about the team.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 09:51 AM

And you are a mod?

Pinkerton Security
09-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I was a douche when I challenged the front office decision making two years ago and now I'm a douche because I'm right.

This is exactly why this board cracks me up. You have to result to calling people names to feel good about the team.

no, we "result" to calling people douches bc EVERYONE realizes the FO isnt the best, and also bc you seem to be a douche in general that gloats for no reason.

FlyingDutchman
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM

wow apparently you remember making comments about the front office a couple of years ago and now youre awesome, and we should all pay respect to you...noboody here has been a fan of the front office so what the hell do you want, a cookie? if you do not see how you come across like a complete dbag then i cant help you.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
no, we "result" to calling people douches bc EVERYONE realizes the FO isnt the best, and also bc you seem to be a douche in general that gloats for no reason.

That's BS. You jump on the bandwagon and than act like you were always in the camp.

At least I admit when I'm wrong. Nobody defended Losman more than me and in the end I ate my crow to Sab, TD and others.

What I hate is getting called out twice. Just like Schobel. Justa and bunch of you guys torched me over suggesting we catapult Schobel while he still had trade value and now look.

No you guys piss me off because anytime someone is crticizing this organization you automatically jump to the "not a fan" argument.

Now you see the ship sinking and now you all saw it coming.

Yeah, I'm calling BS.

hydro
09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
That's BS. You jump on the bandwagon and than act like you were always in the camp.

At least I admit when I'm wrong. Nobody defended Losman more than me and in the end I ate my crow to Sab, TD and others.

What I hate is getting called out twice. Just like Schobel. Justa and bunch of you guys torched me over suggesting we catapult Schobel while he still had trade value and now look.

No you guys piss me off because anytime someone is crticizing this organization you automatically jump to the "not a fan" argument.

Yeah, I'm calling BS.

Real fans don't take their ball and threaten to support winning teams. Yeah thats right, you said you were going to cheer for the great Pats. Now why are you still here?

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 10:27 AM
The funny thing here is that it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you guys.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone but there are a bunch of you fans that keep eating the **** that Wilson keeps shoveling you and it makes you look stupid.

Did you really think the o-line was going to be good? Really?

The fans have to start getting good and pissed off so they do something that makes sense.

Everyone is pissed over jauron but as soon as they signed TO you guys were out in groves buying tickets and merchandise.

Another bandaid. Don't get pissed at me for pointing it out get pissed at Wilson.

Just like you guys who keep defending Wislon as not being a cheap owner when he absolutely is and his #32 ranking on spending should tell you enough.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Real fans don't take their ball and threaten to support winning teams. Yeah thats right, you said you were going to cheer for the great Pats. Now why are you still here?

I am supporting the Pats, just not against the Bills. They have a real owner who is serious about winning.

My heart belongs to Buffalo but I'm not wasting my entire NFL time with losers.

FlyingDutchman
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I'm calling BS.

hey HH, remember when you said michael crabtree wont be a first round draft pick based on talent after never watching a game of his? do you remember? huh? do you? ill take my apology now....i mean really dude...just fade...

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
hey HH, remember when you said michael crabtree wont be a first round draft pick based on talent after never watching a game of his? do you remember? huh? do you? ill take my apology now....i mean really dude....you have 0 respect on here anymore...just fade...

No, I said he wasn't worthy of being picked in the first round. This is the exact BS that goes on around here.

By the way how is that working out?

So I might be right yet again. Thanks.

FlyingDutchman
09-06-2009, 10:49 AM
No, I said he wasn't worthy of being picked in the first round. This is the exact BS that goes on around here.

By the way how is that working out?

So I might be right yet again. Thanks.

lol "isnt worthy" vs "shouldnt go" hahaha please man...you made a dumb a$$ comment....one of MANY....and you were wrong lol.... and now youre trying to flip it on to the contract terms...thats not what we were talking about....talent wise you said he shouldnt go in the first round...and you were wrong....ill take my apology now lol....dbag

SquishDaFish
09-06-2009, 10:53 AM
HH just go to the Pats board where you want to be. You said you root for the Pats well go ROOT for them and STFU

MikeInRoch
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Our problem, HH, is that you keep making it about YOU. Yes, we suck. Yes, our FO sucks. Duh. You aren't some wonderful visionary for realize it too, and coming on here and saying "I told you so."

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
The funny thing here is that it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you guys.

If it has everything to do with "you guys" why is the premise of this thread "I told you so, now bow before me"?

X-Era
09-06-2009, 11:31 AM
His delivery sucks, but his posts have meat to them.

Mad Bomber
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM

I'll accept your apologies now. You know, HH, sometimes your posts have merit; sometimes they don't (of course, that is a matter of opinion...."be reasonable, see it MY way"). That is true of every poster on this board....it's a forum for discussion about our team.

As I mentioned in my :negrep: to you (yes, I AM the one who actually signed his :negrep:), you would be better served to stick to issues relating to the Bills and stop making it about YOU. Impugning the integrity of other BZ posters and using terms like "I told you so" or "I'll accept your apologies" come off as pompous and arrogant. It hurts your credibility.

Just a nickel's worth of free advice.

ddaryl
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
You know, HH, sometimes your posts have merit; sometimes they don't (of course, that is a matter of opinion...."be reasonable, see it MY way"). That is true of every poster on this board....it's a forum for discussion about our team.

As I mentioned in my :negrep: to you (yes, I AM the one who actually signed his :negrep:), you would be better served to stick to issues relating to the Bills and stop making it about YOU. Impugning the integrity of other BZ posters and using terms like "I told you so" or "I'll accept your apologies" come off as pompous and arrogant. It hurts your credibility.

BINGO, we have a winner.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 12:57 PM
You know, HH, sometimes your posts have merit; sometimes they don't (of course, that is a matter of opinion...."be reasonable, see it MY way"). That is true of every poster on this board....it's a forum for discussion about our team.

Point well taken.

My issue is that there are so many on the is site that will destroy a post or thread by merely ripping the poster instead or arguing the valididty. So, yes I feel inclined sometimes to throw it back at this board.

The beating I took over Schobel is one example. And it wasn't like "ohhh, I disagree". It was your a hater, you ****ing douche.

Look at Dutchman up there. He was so convinced that Crabtree was 10 ten talent back in April that he did everything in his power to destroy my credibility. The guy is unsignable and he is still arguing about it. If I'm right it will be crickets again. If I'm wrong I'll admit it. Will he? No way.

If you think I'm concerned about my reputation on a Bills blog site than everyone here is sadly mistaken. But everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting destroyed and that's where I'll stand up and draw the line.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 01:05 PM
PS. Most of the crap I get is from people that never, ever start a thread. FYI.

I'd love too see some of these guys and girls try and write something and than take the criticism.

Mad Bomber
09-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Point well taken.

My issue is that there are so many on the is site that will destroy a post or thread by merely ripping the poster instead or arguing the valididty. So, yes I feel inclined sometimes to throw it back at this board.

The beating I took over Schobel is one example. And it wasn't like "ohhh, I disagree". It was your a hater, you ****ing douche.

Look at Dutchman up there. He was so convinced that Crabtree was 10 ten talent back in April that he did everything in his power to destroy my credibility. The guy is unsignable and he is still arguing about it. If I'm right it will be crickets again. If I'm wrong I'll admit it. Will he? No way.

If you think I'm concerned about my reputation on a Bills blog site than everyone here is sadly mistaken. But everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting destroyed and that's where I'll stand up and draw the line.

I agree that people around here sometimes (an understatement) rip the poster rather than the post. I've been on this board since July 2002 and have had my share of that.

If someone calls you a douche (and it has happened to me MANY times, the last a few days ago - thanks, cashdf:up:) just move on. The most important thing to remember is that if someone calls you a douche, maybe you are. :D

About Crabtree, I HATE that guy. My FF team autodrafted him for me. I'd expound on what I think about him, but that is stuff for the NFL forum.

Again, my friend, don't take things personally on this board...it's populated by a bunch of douches.

Mad Bomber
09-06-2009, 01:31 PM
PS. Most of the crap I get is from people that never, ever start a thread. FYI (nothing I didn't know, HH. See below).

I'd love too see some of these guys and girls try and write something and than take the criticism.
Agreed. There are some people who do nothing but check out other people's threads and make comments. That's a fact of life on a message board. I do it a lot (in fact, that is what I am doing right now).

I applaud you for caring enough to start threads voicing and opinion, giving analysis, or simply stating an observation. More Zoners should do that. It's the life blood of a message board.

HH, don't judge your threads by the responses of some people; judge them by the number of replies. If you have multiple pages of replies, it means that you have started a discussion. That's what this place is all about.

tampabay25690
09-06-2009, 01:56 PM

I have been saying from last year...PUT Sam Bradfor nehind a line that is fair and look what happened last nite.
The guy is a skinny rail........He will be a fair QB in the NFL

Billz_fan
09-06-2009, 02:13 PM
PS. Most of the crap I get is from people that never, ever start a thread. FYI.

Nothing to worry about man ! your right in alot of ways. You see the thing is your posting is often controversial or hard line one side or the other. Thats gonna get replys. Not oall of them are gonna be favorable because of your hard line nature. Thats not a bad thing and it keeps things moving around here. Remember any publicity is good publicity :D

Im not like that myself, I start a thread and it sinks like a stone off the page in 2 hours :laughter: So I tend to not start to many.