PDA

View Full Version : Bring Garcia in.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Owens and Garcia hate eachother but they know how to connect for TDs.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 10:59 PM
You may be seeing Garcia in about 9 days... On the other side of the field

HHURRICANE
09-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Yep. perfect fit. This is why the Pats will always be good.

elltrain22
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
The number 1 reason why we won't sign Garcia is b/c it makes too much sense. We gotta stick to the gameplan of being "stupid as hell"

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Garcia won't sign with the Pats.

He'll go somewhere where he has a chance to play.

I'll put it this way...There's more of a chance that you see Garcia as a Bill than a Patriot.

And he ain't coming here, period.

mysticsoto
09-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Ignoring the TO connection there that would likely never allow it to happen, would Garcia be happy as a #3?

yordad
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
The number 1 reason why we won't sign Garcia is b/c it makes too much sense. We gotta stick to the gameplan of being "stupid as hell"LOL, you're on a roll.

yordad
09-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Ignoring the TO connection there that would likely never allow it to happen, would Garcia be happy as a #3? I just don't see Garcia backing up Trent Edwards.

It would be Rob Johnson Vs Doug Flutie part II.

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 11:36 PM
The number 1 reason why we won't sign Garcia is b/c it makes too much sense. We gotta stick to the gameplan of being "stupid as hell"

This post is "stupid as hell"

You bring in a guy to be your number 1 WR to make your offensive more explosive and what not.

THEN

You can go out and sign a guy that completely despises the best option in your offense?

Now that, would be "stupid as hell"

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Uhhh yeah.. I dont think you give Owens $6.5 million and then potentially pair him with Jeff Garcia, which started the whole TO vs his QB wars.

Not to mention, I dont think Garcia is really that good anyway. In fact, I'd rather have FITZPATRICK as this stage of Garcia's career.

Billz_fan
09-06-2009, 01:39 AM
No Garcia for me. He's a total west coast guy. He went to Cleveland and struggled with that non west coast offense. I don't see anything different here. He has also missed game just about every year I can think of for the last 6 years due to injurys. Behind our line he would need roller blades to stay healthy.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah, let's mix gasoline and water.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, let's mix gasoline and water.

I thought the same thing until I realized that Wendling is somehow a better fit here that Copeland Bryan or Rhodes.

To be honest with you I'd rather take the chance because they are both professionals and it would be a hell of a story.

Seriously what are we risking? The chemisrty on a 3-13 team?

Billz_fan
09-06-2009, 08:08 AM

I disagreed with Garcia but this is a good point :D

Jan Reimers
09-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I said virtually the same thing, about risking the chemistry on a 7-9 team, when we signed TO.

But I don't think Garcia will add much at this stage of his carrer, except to be a constant irritant to TO.

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Obviously Garcia would not hurt the team. You can't make it worse.

But with TO, there is an upside. I am not sure there is with Garcia. He has failed miserably in every non-WCO he has been in.

And I am not sure he would even be interested.

Ickybaluky
09-06-2009, 08:40 AM

That is ridiculous. There is no way that happens. First of all, by signing him before week 1, his entire salary would be guaranteed for the season. Secondly, the guy is a crappy fit for their system. The Pats offense is built around pocket QBs who stand in there and throw the ball, not a guy who runs around and throws short. Over half their offense comes out of the shotgun, which Garcia doesn't do. Not to mention the fact he thinks of himself as a starter and has never been happy being a backup QB.

Garcia is 39 years old. He isn't he same player he was years ago. His arm is worse, and he can't throw a deep out to save his life. He isn't even that good anymore. TO's head would explode if the Bills signed the guy.

Ickybaluky
09-06-2009, 08:42 AM

Perfect fit? Are you kidding me? He couldn't execute most of their offense, for crying out loud. He has no background in their system.

Owen DeBoard
09-06-2009, 10:26 AM
That is ridiculous. There is no way that happens. First of all, by signing him before week 1, his entire salary would be guaranteed for the season. Secondly, the guy is a crappy fit for their system. The Pats offense is built around pocket QBs who stand in there and throw the ball, not a guy who runs around and throws short. Over half their offense comes out of the shotgun, which Garcia doesn't do. Not to mention the fact he thinks of himself as a starter and has never been happy being a backup QB.

Garcia is 39 years old. He isn't he same player he was years ago. His arm is worse, and he can't throw a deep out to save his life. He isn't even that good anymore. TO's head would explode if the Bills signed the guy.
I hate to say it because our qb is the master at dinking and dunking but Tom Brady sure does his fair share of dinking and dunking. Its not like out of the shotgun he throws deep balls all the time.

BillsOwnAll
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM

how is it a perfect fit? You dont even make sense. keep on loving to hate.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM
how is it a perfect fit? You dont even make sense. keep on loving to hate.

You do realize that the Pats are looking for a backup QB?

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Perfect fit? Are you kidding me? He couldn't execute most of their offense, for crying out loud. He has no background in their system.

Dude calm down. Are the Pats looking a backup QB? Are they trading for Feely. Garcia would do fine in a backup role in NE.

SquishDaFish
09-06-2009, 10:39 AM
IGnore HH hes a blind fan

Ickybaluky
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I hate to say it because our qb is the master at dinking and dunking but Tom Brady sure does his fair share of dinking and dunking. Its not like out of the shotgun he throws deep balls all the time.

Brady can throw a deep arm. "Dinking and Dunking" is the most miss-used term by fans. Garcia does not have the arm (or size) to stand in the pocket and fire the ball to all levels of the field. It takes size and a plus-arm to be a QB in the Pats offense. Garcia has neither. He is about as bad a fit in the Pats scheme as you could find.

Edwards, BTW, has a plus-arm and nice, quick release. As much criticism as he takes around here, arms strength is not his issue. He would be a great fit in the Pats scheme.

Mad Bomber
09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Owens and Garcia hate each other but they know how to connect for TDs.
Exactly why we should NOT go after him.

trapezeus
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
To be honest with you I'd rather take the chance because they are both professionals and it would be a hell of a story.

Seriously what are we risking?

that quote is hilarious. They are both professionals. it doesn't matter. you brought in TO to let him win his next big contract. don't paid him with a qb he hates. he isn't going to bite his lip. his brain will know better to keep quiet, but he won't be able to fight it.

also when garcia went to an awful browns team with no line, he got killed and he stunk. presumably he didn't do well in oakland for the same exact reason. buffalo isn't going to be any different.

picking up garcia says, "panic" even more than firing an inept OC for a green neverbeen.

this team is 1-15 to 5-11....picking up other people's garbage at this point isn't going to change anything. we need divine intervention at this point.

Owen DeBoard
09-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Brady can throw a deep arm. "Dinking and Dunking" is the most miss-used term by fans. Garcia does not have the arm (or size) to stand in the pocket and fire the ball to all levels of the field. It takes size and a plus-arm to be a QB in the Pats offense. Garcia has neither. He is about as bad a fit in the Pats scheme as you could find.

Edwards, BTW, has a plus-arm and nice, quick release. As much criticism as he takes around here, arms strength is not his issue. He would be a great fit in the Pats scheme.
Im trying not to argue with you but I dont think Brady is that great of a deep ball qb. He only started throwin deep when Moss got on the team. He can get it down field but he aint as accurate as a Peyton Manning. Moss will go up and get the ball if its somewhat close. The Pats throw a ton of wr screens from what I see which you got to give the coaching staff of the Pats credit because they know how to use their system qb.

Miami_Vice
09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Hahaha I couldnt imagine Garcia wanting to be TO's teammate again.

TO basically told the media and the whole world that Garcia is gay.