PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brohm cut

kernowboy
09-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Could Brohm make a useful addition to the roster replacing Fitzpatrick or Hamdam and give us a young and potentially talented QB to push Edwards?

HHURRICANE
09-06-2009, 07:49 AM
This is exactly why relying solely on the next hot QB out of college isn't the answer everyone thinks around here. Edwards has a winning record on a crappy team and maybe the right coach get's him to the next level. Drew Brees would be out of the league if we left every decision to this site.

ParanoidAndroid
09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I wonder if there is a good reason Brohm got cut. :idunno:

nateodoms'bff
09-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Im super huge on Brohm. He has a great arm, solid instincts, and can move when he has to. The down side on him was that he has confidence issues, and needs to be coached up.

That's not gonna happen in Buffalo. I wish they would sign him, but it won't happen.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Brohm couldn't even beat out Matt Flynn either this year or last.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say I trust the Packers offensive coaches judgement better than ours. They have a decent track record with Quarterbacks.

No thanks.

BTW, why all the hating on Fitzpatrick from so many? I think he's a decent backup.

The Jokeman
09-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Brohm couldn't even beat out Matt Flynn either this year or last.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say I trust the Packers offensive coaches judgement better than ours. They have a decent track record with Quarterbacks.

No thanks.

BTW, why all the hating on Fitzpatrick from so many? I think he's a decent backup.
I think it's more of a hate on Edwards because if Trent doesn't step it up we're going to need a new "franchise QB" to rely on. As Fitz showed last year with the Bengals he can't replace a frachise QB. Personally I'm all for a guy like Brohm as a 3rd string development QB instead old man Hamden.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I dont like Hamden either. In fact, I dont even want a 3rd QB, period. I'd rather have an extra RB on the roster and have Hamden "keep in shape". Its not like anyone would pick him up.

But for Brohm to get cut from GB already; and organization that is much better run than ours, tells em all I need to know about the guy.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Could Brohm make a useful addition to the roster replacing Fitzpatrick or Hamdam and give us a young and potentially talented QB to push Edwards?

Looking at your signature, I'm glad the Bills didnt take your draft advice!!! You have Gerald Cadogan going with the 42nd pick overall in the draft, with the comment (starter from day one) He was never even drafted by anybody, in any round. He tried out for Carolina and didn't make their roster.

Certainly not insulting your intelligence, we all have bad picks and projections from time to time (see me with Rufus Alexander in 2008), but man, that's an awful projection right there!

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Brohm is a moot point now anyway.
He signed with GB Practice squad.

SABURZFAN
09-06-2009, 03:59 PM

no thanks.

SABURZFAN
09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Looking at your signature, I'm glad the Bills didnt take your draft advice!!! You have Gerald Cadogan going with the 42nd pick overall in the draft, with the comment (starter from day one) He was never even drafted by anybody, in any round. He tried out for Carolina and didn't make their roster.

Certainly not insulting your intelligence, we all have bad picks and projections from time to time (see me with Rufus Alexander in 2008), but man, that's an awful projection right there!

which is why i said "no thanks" to his Brohm idea. the guy is usually wrong about everything when it comes to football.