• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Bashing Russ Brandon?

I'll tell ya, your all bashing Russ Brandon but I don't think he deserves and I don't think that he'll get the axe with Jauron if/when it happens.

He brought TO here. This draft is looking excellent. He brought in Buddy Nix which was a good move.

The problem was and is Jauron. I think that's clear. Since Marv left I feel we've had better drafts and Brandon is going about things the right way.

Brandon's pursuit of TO tells me that he would be the type to pursue a bigger name head coach.

You guys all keep saying Billick, Shottenheimer, and Shannahan but I want Jon Gruden! I like the guys' passion and he's been saying good things about our team this year, talent wise.

I feel we have a lot of good players here and if they just got used right, we'd be a juggernaut.

Next year, if Trent blows we take a QB in the first but after that, we can totally go BPA because we won't have many soft spots other than at the tackles.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Bashing Russ Brandon?

Brandon is a joke. How much more off base can you be? Owens was the only option left after they got left at the alter.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

we have a very solid deep team, that is just missing a franchise QB, a few more talented players and a coaching staff that knows what theyre doing. One more draft where we get Bradford, McCoy or Snead, a solid free agency and a proven HC and this team competes for the next 5,6,7 years. once this young team is finished building we can just continue to reload year after year. but you need someone to coach the players or it is all for nothing...

youre right though, this draft was a great one.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

This team got talent everywhere...except in the lines, where talent counts the most. We need pressure on the opposing QB to win in the NFL. The cover 2 blows big time. I agree with the original poster, I want Jon Gruden. However, I'd be satisfied with Billick as well.

Buffalo could realistically start the season off 1-3, and if Jauron gets axed during the season, I'd be willing to bet our interim head coach will be Bobby April. However, I think we'll still go out and get a fresh new coach next off-season.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

um, the team isn't that deep. they have a horrible LB core. poz isn't really living up to his status. still horrible in coverage. mitchell looks awful out there. and then there is ellison. behind them are very young guys. so, say what you want, but that LB core is ugly.

NExt year the DE line is going to be thin. Schobel isn't going to last through the year....kelsay and denney have to go.

OL is a disaster. no real LT unless bell shows some strength at the position for the year. wood looks good, and levitre should be coming along. so if they all get it and the center is ok, maybe the line needs more depth added to it.

The WR's go back to last year's crew once TO leaves. which leaves us with an ineffectual evans. so the WR needs to be upgraded.

and somehow we'll still take 7 DB's in the draft next year.

NEw coach isn't going to magically make this any better.

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

Out of those four (Billick, Shottenheimer, Shannahan, and Gruden), Gruden would be last on my list. He won a SB with Dungy's team and didn't do a damn thing with the Bucs afterwards. I would love to have Cowher, and then any of Billick, Shottenheimer or Shannahan. I don't think we could go wrong with any four of those coaches.

Comment

• Syderick
              • Apr 2006

I'd wait til Russ picks his head coach before wanting a change at GM.
              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                Senior Zoner
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cocamide
                Out of those four (Billick, Shottenheimer, Shannahan, and Gruden), Gruden would be last on my list. He won a SB with Dungy's team and didn't do a damn thing with the Bucs afterwards. I would love to have Cowher, and then any of Billick, Shottenheimer or Shannahan. I don't think we could go wrong with any four of those coaches.
                He may have won the superbowl with Dungy's team, but the Callahan went to that same superbowl with Gruden's team.

I want either Gruden or Billick.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

wanting and getting are two different things. i want an NFL caliber coach for this team too but we all know the Old Fart isn't going to shell out the money to do it.

keep dreaming guys....
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

You defend Russ as if he could do no wrong, but afterall, who was it that hired Jauron? Yes, Russ and Marv made the decision to hire Dick.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Brandon will never get the ax. He's been instrumental for years in the Bills' marketing/business success. If we were to hire a veteran football man as GM, Brandon would remain as VP of Operations or whatever.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                      X