• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Jauron will be gone very soon IMO

If Ralph is so worked up at the end of the damn preseason and before we have played any games, hows he going to be after we get blasted by the Pats by like 90 to 0?

I predict we lay a huge egg in Foxboro and Ralph cans Jauron in the following days.

• Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Re: Jauron will be gone very soon IMO

What are the historic win loss records for the remainder of a season for teams that fire the head coach mid season or after the start of the season? I'm curious.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cleve
      What are the historic win loss records for the remainder of a season for teams that fire the head coach mid season?
      Who knows, but it cant be good.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
        If Ralph is so worked up at the end of the damn preseason and before we have played any games, hows he going to be after we get blasted by the Pats by like 90 to 0?

I predict we lay a huge egg in Foxboro and Ralph cans Jauron in the following days.

you're such a tease

but I doubt we replace him with anyone of real consequence. There are 3 or 4 top notch HC options and Bills fans would feel a heluva alot better about this season even if / when we tank it knowing he have a real HC for 2010

Comment

• Cleve
          • Oct 2004

Well, I wouldn't even see it as good news. The overall season record would probably be better if Jauron played the remainder of the season and was fired in January. 7-9 or 6-10 is better from a fans perspective than 4-12, or 3-13 or such.

Either way, I predict yet another wasted season - that's all we've had for the last decade.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Well, I wouldn't even see it as good news. The overall season record would probably be better if Jauron played the remainder of the season and was fired in January. 7-9 or 6-10 is better from a fans perspective than 4-12, or 3-13 or such.

Either way, I predict yet another wasted season - that's all we've had for the last decade.
            Personally if were going down... id rather do it in blazing fashion. We just might be looking for a franchise QB again and I want a very very high pick for that choice.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i wonder if jauron wants out. i mean he has been under fire since the dallas game two years ago. people knock him all the time. he may or may not feel like he is getting the tools to succeed.

if i worked in an environment where everyone wanted my head and at some point it seemed like i just wasn't ever going to meet the companies expectations, i think i'd consider leaving...

i feel like jauron should be getting to the end on his own accord.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

I think the game will be closer than anyone really thinks. I mean, personally I think we get smashed 52-10 or something like that, but I don't know I just think that some coaches do better under pressure. AVP is under a lot of pressure to get an aggressive offensive game plan put together for New England. I don't know about you guys, but I tend to do a better job when Im under pressure from my boss and under a deadline. Its just something some people have. There is a good article on buffalonews.com about how Van Pelt always had this sense of belonging even as a backup. He also had the confidence to heave the ball down field and go for six even when others would slow down and play for three. Thats a good kind of attitude that the Bills lack on offense right now. They need to be able to say "Lets go get that TD" and actually do it.

If AVP and Trent are on better terms than Turk was with Edwards maybe AVP can put together a game plan which Edwards will be comfortable with and allow Trent to kind of take the game into his own hands and take those necessary risks.

I also give our offense more credit than over 80% of the posters on this board. Ellison is a weak point, but Maybin is progressing and seems to feel that he has something to prove. Which is a good attitude to have considering he has a chance to prove himself on a national stage against a Super Bowl favorite. Im sure Maybin is hungry for Brady. I know Schobel, when healthy, has played fantastic against the Patriots. Lets not forget Poz coming into his own, Mitchell who seems to really not like Brady and Schobel who is always a pro.

The key to beating the Pats is consistent pressure and with their backs against the wall, the logical path for the Bills defensive coaching staff is to send the blitz often and change up pressure schemes and go for it all.

I love McKelvin and McGee. Sure they get beat sometimes, but I think on a national stage like MNF in Foxborro they will step it up.

I just have this feeling that we are so wrapped up in the negatives (because there are alot of negatives) that we forget that we have some talent in the backfield and at WR. And our defense has some play makers, even though they may not always have the best games.

All I know is that I am disappointed in my Bills, but I am not ready to say we have NO shot at beating the Patsies.

I have some faith left. Not much, but some...

The crazy homer in me says the Bills shock everyone and win 24-21.

The optimistic fan in me says the Bills lose 28-21 in a close game all the way.

The pissed off realist says Brady kicks our asses and the patsies win 42-10.

Oh well, Go Bills!!!
                Last edited by BillsWin; 09-06-2009, 12:04 PM.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  if i worked in an environment where everyone wanted my head and at some point it seemed like i just wasn't ever going to meet the companies expectations, i think i'd consider leaving...

i feel like jauron should be getting to the end on his own accord.
                  Would you feel the same way if you were making a lot of money at a job you will never get a shot at again if you fail?

Jauron has 2 years left on his contract after this one, which he receives if he gets fired but not if he quits. He isn't going to walk away from millions of dollars. If he fails in Buffalo, he will never get another chance to be an NFL HC. He is going to try to turn things around or get fired trying, because that is his only career move.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                    I think the game will be closer than anyone really thinks.
                    I agree. The Pats have changed a lot. Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel are all gone. That is a lot of leadership to replace. They kept 9 rookies. They will have 6 new starters on defense from the opener a year ago.

It will take time for all these changes to mesh. Offensively the Pats should be in pretty good shape since they return most of their players, but there is the matter of Brady coming off knee reconstruction. Defensively, they are a ton different. Not only do they have a lot of new players, but they seem to be switching to a more 4-3 look, given the players they have. I expect them to mix things up, but will still mostly play 4-3.

The Pats are going to be a work in progress early in the season. I think the plan is for them to improve as the year progresses, but it isn't like they will be starting the year firing on all cylinders.

I also think the Pats run the ball more this year. They have a deep stable of backs and it will help keep Brady from taking hits.
                    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 09-06-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NE39
                      I agree. The Pats have changed a lot. Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel are all gone. That is a lot of leadership to replace. They kept 9 rookies. They will have 6 new starters on defense from the opener a year ago.

It will take time for all these changes to mesh. Offensively the Pats should be in pretty good shape since they return most of their players, but there is the matter of Brady coming off knee reconstruction. Defensively, they are a ton different. Not only do they have a lot of new players, but they seem to be switching to a more 4-3 look, given the players they have. I expect them to mix things up, but will still mostly play 4-3.

The Pats are going to be a work in progress early in the season. I think the plan is for them to improve as the year progresses, but it isn't like they will be starting the year firing on all cylinders.

I also think the Pats run the ball more this year. They have a deep stable of backs and it will help keep Brady from taking hits.
                      I agree. and on your last point, I see them running the ball more too. which surprisingly, the Bills have been rather stout vs. the run this preseason. Although the average poster may disagree with me on that.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2004

Any team in this league has the potential to win on any given Sunday (or Monday as it were), even given vast differences in the overal win/loss record.

One game doesn't mean ****, however.

The team beat New England in the season opener of 2003, in a shut-out rout, 31-0.

And how did that season go? We had another typical awful 6-10 season, the Patriots went 14-2, and won the Superbowl.

So don't judge anything based on the outcome of this opening game. Patterns have to develop and emerge - I usually wait 4-5 games into the season before complaining (or praising) a team.
                        Last edited by Cleve; 09-06-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Any team in this league has the potential to win on any given Sunday (or Monday as it were), even given vast differences in the overal win/loss record.

One game doesn't mean ****, however.

The team beat New England in the season opener of 2003, in a shut-out rout, 31-0.

And how did that season go? We had another typical awful 6-10 season, the Patriots went 14-2, and won the Superbowl.

So don't judge anything based on the outcome of this opening game. Patterns have to develop and emerge - I usually wait 4-5 games into the season before complaining (or praising) a team.

good post cleve.

I am gunna give the Bills alittle more credit than alot of people. 16 games is alot of games. who knows what can happen.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
                            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                            • Aug 2008

I'm a Bills fan here in Rhode Island, and I have the unfortunate pleasure of watching the Patriots play every week. That being said, Iv'e only seen Brady lose, ummm... what? a handful of times in the past 3 years. And in those losses, constant pressure was applied to Tom Brady. That's what needs to happen in order for us to have any chance in this game.

I can see the Pats running a ton of screens/quick slants in this game. The Bills have looked horrid againts the quick slants in the pre-season, and Welker will make us look 10 times worse. I think the Patriots hang up at least, the very least, 28 against us. IMO anywhere between 28-45.

Our strategy on offense should be simple. THROW. The Patriots weakness is their secondary. They are very young, and will make mistakes, especially early in the season. The problem is, we need to keep Trent upright. I think Trent throws for over 250 this game, I really do. Actually, he'll have to if we want to win. I think the game will be closer than everyone thinks. All 32 teams are question marks as of Sept. 13th/14th, and nobody knows what to expect. I remember when we opened up against the Pats in Foxbourough to open the season in 2006, we were given no chance. We led throughout most of that game and lost 19-17. However, the Pats didn't have Moss, Welker, Baker, and a more determined than ever Tom Brady.

28-21 Pats.
                            Last edited by Prov401; 09-06-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

As far as the original thought goes, I agree I think Dick is on the clock. Im sure Ralph gave him some sort of measuring stick for his future. What he expects to see etc. AKA the hot seat.

Dick is now on a short leash. Lets see how he reacts under some extra pressure
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X