PDA

View Full Version : Bills Practice Squad

Ickybaluky
09-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Per Tim Graham (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2679/bills-reveal-practice-squad)

Running back Bruce Hall
Receiver C.J. Hawthorne
Receiver Felton Huggins
Tight end Jonathan Stupar
Offensive lineman Nick Hennessey
Defensive tackle Corey Mace
Linebacker Alvin Bowen
Defensive back Cary Harris

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
2 WR on the PS when we're already flooded with them on the roster makes zero sense to me.

I liked Jones over Mace by a lot.. Oh well

casdhf
09-06-2009, 01:41 PM
2 WR on the PS when we're already flooded with them on the roster makes zero sense to me.

I liked Jones over Mace by a lot.. Oh wellWe're going to deal Parrish, Hardy is won't be ready for a while, and TO/Johnson have been in and out with injuries. I think we have good depth at WR, but I also think we'll end up having to use some of it.

Canadian'eh!
09-06-2009, 01:41 PM
was Copeland not eligible?

methos4ever
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Having two (one of which is an April ST'er) helps for scout team ST and O, as well as ensuring should Parrish be moved before week 6 we have an extra body for practice.

BillsWin
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
STUPAR!

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I think if Parrish is getting moved it either A) WOuld've happened already or B) will happen in the next week.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
nope.

I bet he's signed somewhere by tomorrow. I find it hard to fathom he's not a NFL roster calibre DE

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Having two (one of which is an April ST'er) helps for scout team ST and O, as well as ensuring should Parrish be moved before week 6 we have an extra body for practice.
Well said.. Good point

Mad Bomber
09-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Glad to see Stupar and Bowen on there.

ddaryl
09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
STUPAR!

No surprise there. I felt that was where he was destined when we cut him.. He showed promise but will need to stengthen and learn to block better.

DBrown77
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
We made a mistake by cutting Bryan. He had a good preseason

Nighthawk
09-06-2009, 02:18 PM
What is the love affair with Mace by this staff??? This guy blows and has since day 1...another reason this coaching staff will soon be unemployed!

BillsFanInNM
09-06-2009, 02:49 PM
What is the love affair with Mace by this staff??? This guy blows and has since day 1...another reason this coaching staff will soon be unemployed!

I'm sure one time, in a practice, he made a special teams play to win our coaches over...they love them some teamers!

Dr. Pepper
09-06-2009, 03:02 PM
what kind of salary does the practice squad get?

Jan Reimers
09-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Corey Mace? It seems like he's been on the PS for 10 years. In his case, PS stands for Perpetual Scrub.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2009, 03:16 PM
If you've been active for 9 games in your career, you are not eligible.

mysticsoto
09-06-2009, 08:41 PM
No Derrick Jones? C'mon, we didn't need to put TWO WRs on the PS. I'm okay w/Corey Mace there. At times, he flashed some good moves...but I thought Jones looked MUCH better. I'm okay w/all the other choices, though with only 8 Olinemen on the roster, I might have considered putting one there just in case of injuries - and there are alot of choices among the cuts.

The Spaz
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Why do we carry the same **** players year after year? Mace, Hall, Huggins. If they haven't done anything by now they probably won't. Get some fresh faces in here not the same old ****.

mysticsoto
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM
No Derrick Jones? C'mon, we didn't need to put TWO WRs on the PS. I'm okay w/Corey Mace there. At times, he flashed some good moves...but I thought Jones looked MUCH better. I'm okay w/all the other choices, though with only 8 Olinemen on the roster, I might have considered putting one there just in case of injuries - and there are alot of choices among the cuts.

Whoops, I missed the Nick Hennessey pick...don't know the guy...I'll have to go do a little research on him...

6'5", 291 lbs. - can play both OT and OG - sounds like the type the Bills like...

W1DER1GHT
09-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Copeland Bryant was signed by Detroit.

DraftBoy
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I dont believe Derrick Jones was PS eligible having already spent two years on other teams PS's.

casdhf
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
No Derrick Jones? C'mon, we didn't need to put TWO WRs on the PS. I'm okay w/Corey Mace there. At times, he flashed some good moves...but I thought Jones looked MUCH better. I'm okay w/all the other choices, though with only 8 Olinemen on the roster, I might have considered putting one there just in case of injuries - and there are alot of choices among the cuts.Do you really think we'll have a problem getting Kirk Chambers back if we need a guy for a couple weeks?

mysticsoto
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I dont believe Derrick Jones was PS eligible having already spent two years on other teams PS's.

That's too bad. He looked pretty good at times.

mysticsoto
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Do you really think we'll have a problem getting Kirk Chambers back if we need a guy for a couple weeks?
Well I was hoping we'd aim higher than him...

Michael82
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Per Tim Graham (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2679/bills-reveal-practice-squad)

Running back Bruce Hall
Receiver C.J. Hawthorne
Receiver Felton Huggins
Tight end Jonathan Stupar
Offensive lineman Nick Hennessey
Defensive tackle Corey Mace
Linebacker Alvin Bowen
Defensive back Cary Harris
Hmm...I love this practice squad. Sure people will ***** about 2 WRs on it, but for once, we are finally using the practice squad right and putting our best young players that are eligible on it. Both CJ Hawthorne and Felton Huggins impressed off and on at camp and both earned a spot on the PS. I might have switched Felton Huggins with Shaine Smith, but it's close. i love that Stupar and Cary Harris made it. I honestly could see both of them making their way onto the regular season roster sometime this year or after the season. Bowen needs more time to recover from his injury, but he definitely has a chance of making the roster eventually too. As for Corey Mace, no idea what they see in him, but he's not horrible. Bruce Hall sucks, but they needed another RB on there, so they kept him. Hennessey has some potential, and gives us extra future depth on the OL.

mysticsoto
09-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I think there are 2 WRs on the PS b'cse the FO is thinking, if TO isn't here next year, one of those two will likely take his place as the 6th WR - especially if they plan to trade Parrish. They need to contribute heavily on STs if they want to make it b'cse Hardy will likely grab the #2 position next year and Steve Johnson is going to warrant time at #3 atleast.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
If TO isn't here next year they need to draft a WR to replace him. Neither Huggins nor Hawthorne have the potential to replace him.

mysticsoto
09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
If TO isn't here next year they need to draft a WR to replace him. Neither Huggins nor Hawthorne have the potential to replace him.

Drafting a new WR will do nothing for us if TO leaves - atleast not for a few years. Either Hardy or Steve Johnson will have to step up and assume the role. I don't know about Hardy, but I think, barring more injuries, Johnson is going to be something.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Drafting a new WR will do nothing for us if TO leaves - atleast not for a few years. Either Hardy or Steve Johnson will have to step up and assume the role. I don't know about Hardy, but I think, barring more injuries, Johnson is going to be something.

Johnson better actually show something this season then. 10 total career catches and a few good preseasons games don't impress me enough to be ready to move him to the #2 spot and lets not even get started on Hardy and how far behind he looked last year not to mention there is no telling how he will come back from injury.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:48 PM
they might as well call these guys starters. as long as you make under a million, Ralph wants you to be a starter and an all pro.

d1220
09-08-2009, 05:33 PM
what kind of salary does the practice squad get?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1106954/NFL-Practice-Squad-Salary

According to this, minimum of $5,200/week.

mysticsoto
09-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Johnson better actually show something this season then. 10 total career catches and a few good preseasons games don't impress me enough to be ready to move him to the #2 spot and lets not even get started on Hardy and how far behind he looked last year not to mention there is no telling how he will come back from injury.

As far behind as either might be, they are both still WAY ahead of any rookie we would bring in. Who knows, Jenkins has also looked good from time to time - though I still think Johnson will be more than ready. How can he impress you when he hasn't had the chance...they've been playing him gingerly so he doesn't aggravate his injury. But when he is in, he usually looks pretty good and has GREAT hands.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 06:35 PM
As far behind as either might be, they are both still WAY ahead of any rookie we would bring in. Who knows, Jenkins has also looked good from time to time - though I still think Johnson will be more than ready. How can he impress you when he hasn't had the chance...they've been playing him gingerly so he doesn't aggravate his injury. But when he is in, he usually looks pretty good and has GREAT hands.

Oh come on, you know a player like Benn, Bryant, Tate, Williams, or Briscoe would not be considered behind a player like Justin Jenkins or Steve Johnson. We will likely be picking high enough to draft any of those players.

Not that I trust our coaching staff to any degree but you have to earn playing time, its not just given. Maybe he's not earning it? I dont know. As for playing not aggravate his injury, I understand that however that does not change what I do see. He dominates 3rd string players, that's a good start, but I need to see more, alot more. 10 career catches against NFL quality players is not enough to make me think he can be our #2 player next season. Im not saying he can't be, Im just saying he still has tons to show.