• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Evans and Edwards discuss firing

Wow, I'm shocked to hear what Trent had to say. So, I guess the offense blamed it all on Schonert too.

“I think everybody had some concerns about it,” said Lee Evans. ”It was one of those things when you play games like that it leaves a type of feeling in your mouth, you always wonder if there’s something wrong and you want to do things to fix it. So, two back-to-back games of not playing well always causes some concern.”

“We had voiced some things with what direction it was going and where it needed to go and coach Jauron made the decision on how he felt and what he felt the offense needed best,” said Trent Edwards. ”It’s a combination of everyone, as a whole, every player on the offense, every coach and everyone within the organization talks with coach Jauron and that decision was made based on those collective conversations.”

Link
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Evans and Edwards discuss firing

He was trying to throw too many formations at the players on offense, all the while, they were not gameplanning for their preseason opponents.

Complicated + Not prepared = disaster. The franchise was a huge mess and Dick finally did something right for once. The concern is that AVP may not have enough time to gameplan for the Patriots.

I have alittle more faith in AVP than some. There will be some growing pains, but I always thought he would make a good OC SOMEDAY. didnt think it would be this season...
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
      The concern is that AVP may not have enough time to gameplan for the Patriots.

i think AVP has been around long enough that he does have time to gameplan for the Pats. having been a QB coach, i think he has an idea how to prepare better to Edwards' strengths to make him more effective than he was during the preseason. we can only hope so anyways.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

I'm waiting for the day that Trent Edwards says something meaningful.

Hasn't happened yet.

This latest firing included.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          i think AVP has been around long enough that he does have time to gameplan for the Pats. having been a QB coach, i think he has an idea how to prepare better to Edwards' strengths to make him more effective than he was during the preseason. we can only hope so anyways.
          Good post saburz!

two thumbs up.

I am The Batman.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Shades of Kevin Gilbride!
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
              Shades of Kevin Gilbride!
              Kevin Gilbride runs a dang good offense in NY. He didn't have the OL to do what he wanted to do here.

I think our offense is good enough for an OC to have some real success if he keeps it simple.

Find some run plays that your line likes to execute and counter it with some PA, stretch the field, and keep defenses off balance. Simple.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

I've always liked AVP, I remember when he was playing we used to cheer like hell when he came in. He also has alot of respect in the organization and with the past players. The Pill, lol

I have confidence in Alex. It may take him some time but he has a wealth of knowledge from backing up Kelly and the offenses we used to run. Being around Marv etc. All that will surely help him.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                  I've always liked AVP, I remember when he was playing we used to cheer like hell when he came in. He also has alot of respect in the organization and with the past players. The Pill, lol

I have confidence in Alex. It may take him some time but he has a wealth of knowledge from backing up Kelly and the offenses we used to run. Being around Marv etc. All that will surely help him.
                  ANOTHER TWO THUMBS UP POST!

Two in the same thread...

I am The Batman.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gameboy
                    I'm waiting for the day that Trent Edwards says something meaningful.

Hasn't happened yet.

This latest firing included.
                    Do not hold your breath. Trent is the most politically correct QB in the NFL.. Seriously.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Do not hold your breath. Trent is the most politically correct QB in the NFL.. Seriously.
                      I dont care what he says. Let his play do the talking!!!!

COME ON TRENT! PROVE ME WRONG!
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

Whats wrong with too many formations?

For years our formations being simple have BEEN the problem.
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                          Whats wrong with too many formations?

For years our formations being simple have BEEN the problem.
                          because we werent executing those plays right.

it makes sense really, it is what Indy does. take what you do well and use it. don't try and get fancy because that when you make mistakes and your offense goes nowhere...
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I'll say it one more time. The only difference between a good OC and a bad one is how they call the plays. That's it.

Schonert should have been fired after the Jets game.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

AVP should have been preparing Edwards how to play against the Pats defense anyways, but I'm sure he'll have a whole lot more on his plate now. I wish him luck but I expect nothing to change. We're getting blown out, plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X