PDA

View Full Version : Evans and Edwards discuss firing

T-Long
09-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Wow, I'm shocked to hear what Trent had to say. So, I guess the offense blamed it all on Schonert too.

“I think everybody had some concerns about it,” said Lee Evans. ”It was one of those things when you play games like that it leaves a type of feeling in your mouth, you always wonder if there’s something wrong and you want to do things to fix it. So, two back-to-back games of not playing well always causes some concern.”

“We had voiced some things with what direction it was going and where it needed to go and coach Jauron made the decision on how he felt and what he felt the offense needed best,” said Trent Edwards. ”It’s a combination of everyone, as a whole, every player on the offense, every coach and everyone within the organization talks with coach Jauron and that decision was made based on those collective conversations.”

Link (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/06/players-were-concerned-about-offense/)

BillsWin
09-06-2009, 06:26 PM
He was trying to throw too many formations at the players on offense, all the while, they were not gameplanning for their preseason opponents.

Complicated + Not prepared = disaster. The franchise was a huge mess and Dick finally did something right for once. The concern is that AVP may not have enough time to gameplan for the Patriots.

I have alittle more faith in AVP than some. There will be some growing pains, but I always thought he would make a good OC SOMEDAY. didnt think it would be this season...

SABURZFAN
09-06-2009, 06:40 PM
The concern is that AVP may not have enough time to gameplan for the Patriots.

i think AVP has been around long enough that he does have time to gameplan for the Pats. having been a QB coach, i think he has an idea how to prepare better to Edwards' strengths to make him more effective than he was during the preseason. we can only hope so anyways.

Captain gameboy
09-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm waiting for the day that Trent Edwards says something meaningful.

Hasn't happened yet.

This latest firing included.

BillsWin
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
i think AVP has been around long enough that he does have time to gameplan for the Pats. having been a QB coach, i think he has an idea how to prepare better to Edwards' strengths to make him more effective than he was during the preseason. we can only hope so anyways.

Good post saburz!

two thumbs up.

:up: :up:

TigerJ
09-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Shades of Kevin Gilbride!

Mahdi
09-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Shades of Kevin Gilbride!
Kevin Gilbride runs a dang good offense in NY. He didn't have the OL to do what he wanted to do here.

I think our offense is good enough for an OC to have some real success if he keeps it simple.

Find some run plays that your line likes to execute and counter it with some PA, stretch the field, and keep defenses off balance. Simple.

Billz_fan
09-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I've always liked AVP, I remember when he was playing we used to cheer like hell when he came in. He also has alot of respect in the organization and with the past players. The Pill, lol

I have confidence in Alex. It may take him some time but he has a wealth of knowledge from backing up Kelly and the offenses we used to run. Being around Marv etc. All that will surely help him.

BillsWin
09-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I've always liked AVP, I remember when he was playing we used to cheer like hell when he came in. He also has alot of respect in the organization and with the past players. The Pill, lol

I have confidence in Alex. It may take him some time but he has a wealth of knowledge from backing up Kelly and the offenses we used to run. Being around Marv etc. All that will surely help him.

ANOTHER TWO THUMBS UP POST!

Two in the same thread...

:up: :up:

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm waiting for the day that Trent Edwards says something meaningful.

Hasn't happened yet.

This latest firing included.
Do not hold your breath. Trent is the most politically correct QB in the NFL.. Seriously.

BillsWin
09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Do not hold your breath. Trent is the most politically correct QB in the NFL.. Seriously.

I dont care what he says. Let his play do the talking!!!!

COME ON TRENT! PROVE ME WRONG!

JD
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Whats wrong with too many formations?

For years our formations being simple have BEEN the problem.

BillsWin
09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Whats wrong with too many formations?

For years our formations being simple have BEEN the problem.

because we werent executing those plays right.

it makes sense really, it is what Indy does. take what you do well and use it. don't try and get fancy because that when you make mistakes and your offense goes nowhere...

HHURRICANE
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I'll say it one more time. The only difference between a good OC and a bad one is how they call the plays. That's it.

Schonert should have been fired after the Jets game.

raphael120
09-07-2009, 12:02 PM
AVP should have been preparing Edwards how to play against the Pats defense anyways, but I'm sure he'll have a whole lot more on his plate now. I wish him luck but I expect nothing to change. We're getting blown out, plain and simple.