• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

AVP makes a great first impression on players

Van Pelt wasn’t going to reveal what changes he has in mind in how the offense is called. However, when asked if the scheme was going to be simplified in any way the Bills new offensive coordinator didn’t rule it out.
    “We want to be efficient no matter what we do and I think the best way for us to do that is to make it easy for the players and let them play fast and with confidence,” he said. “If that’s simplifying it and we’re efficient then that’s effective.”

Good article. Lots of good quotes. It sounds like a monkey has been ripped off the back of Edwards. Maybe Turk and Trent weren't that close as rumors are coming out about that...
    I am The Batman.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: AVP makes a great first impression on players

I'll root like hell for AVP and the offense, but I'm not expecting much.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABuffalo786
      • Feb 2003

I like the "fast" description". NFL is all about speed.
      Last edited by SABuffalo786; 09-06-2009, 08:34 PM.
      "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
      We are the Rockpile
      We are the Rockpile
      BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Good article. Yet again, however, we're in a "wait and see" mode for a Buffalo Bills playcaller.

This whole discussion about "simple" versus "complex" offenses just reminded me of a quote I heard about last year's PSU offense. They had a LOT of veterans on the offense, and a lot of smart guys. They said that there was a certain personnel grouping (3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB I think it was) where Daryll Clark said they had 50 plays that they could call with that group on the field. Certain things (the formations, etc.) can be considered simple while the number of plays can be different. Just something to think about, imo.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BSXIII
          Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
          • Apr 2004

Blah, same old crap. Add Turk to the list of 20 or so guys this decade who have been thrown under the bus and made a scapegoat for why this team is inept. They've identified another problem but offer no real solution. The players and coaches are all happy because they have an excuse and can deflect blame from themselves and their own piss poor performance.

Yea, I'm real optimistic that getting a new OC a week before the opener is going to save the season. Next up on the clock are on Dick and Trent.....
          I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Van Pelt admitted he will lean heavily on run game coordinator Eric Studesville during the week for the best run plays for the game plan and he’ll speak with him and offensive line coach Sean Kugler on what’s working and not working in between series during games with the ground game.

“We don’t have long,” Van Pelt said. “Talking to them (Sunday) I want them to be open with me and communicate back with us as a staff with what they like and what they don’t like.

DING DING DING

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
              I'll root like hell for AVP and the offense, but I'm not expecting much.
              I expect this offense to be better.
              Its time for TRENT to play like a professional QB.
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

If anything, removing Turk seems to have improved our "best case scenario" for the season by improving team morale. It may have been awful timing, but if it was needed then it was needed.

Comment

• mush69
                  • Jan 2003

Van Pelt has been waiting in the wings for a long time for this opportunity. I suspect that he takes the offense the extra mile. He has been assoiciated with this club for a long time now and success is the only thing he should think about.

Much like the Syracuse Orange and their new head coach Doug Marrone, AVP has a sense of pride and it should reflect in what he does up in the booth. Failure is not an option!
                  Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Fitzpatrick was brought in to do exactly what he is going to do now.

Van Pelt seems to understand the big picture, which I like.

The only difference betweenn a good OC and a bad one is the play calling. That is it. It's not the tricky plays they think up or any other BS.

If Van Pelt calls a good game we will look better, that simple.

I will look forward to week 2 because there is no way we beat New England.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Fitzpatrick was brought in to do exactly what he is going to do now.

Van Pelt seems to understand the big picture, which I like.

The only difference betweenn a good OC and a bad one is the play calling. That is it. It's not the tricky plays they think up or any other BS.

If Van Pelt calls a good game we will look better, that simple.

I will look forward to week 2 because there is no way we beat New England.
                      Theres always a way to beat someone HH, if Van Pelt calls a great game and we cash in on some risk taking we have a ball game.

I'd take Lee and Owens getting behind single coverage by the Patriots any day.

THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD TRENT. LET OWENS DO WHAT HE DOES BEST!!!!
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

I think we will recognized an immediate difference in our O next Monday. It may not translatge into a win, but the difference between Turks game and AVP's game are going to be obvious...

As long as Sergeant conservative (Dick) doens't get involved, and keep Trent at the rank of Captain Checkdown

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                          Theres always a way to beat someone HH, if Van Pelt calls a great game and we cash in on some risk taking we have a ball game.

I'd take Lee and Owens getting behind single coverage by the Patriots any day.

THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD TRENT. LET OWENS DO WHAT HE DOES BEST!!!!
                          It would be one of the greatest upsets that this team has enjoyed.

However, a season opener road game on Monday night would suck if we were playing Detroit. Brady and Moss on primetime TV.

Sorry but it's gonna be bad.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

5 reasons they CAN beat the pats.

1. NE's down to 4 original players with S.B. rings.
                            2. While Billacheat's good coach, he doesn't have the game films needed to kill the Bills. They're more likely to win the 2nd time.
                            3. I am bringing my good positive vibes (whether you believe in that or not).
                            4. AVP.
                            5. T.O.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

AVP has the best story for us to get behind. a guy who came to buffalo loves buffalo and wants to succeed. he's not a high pedigree guy getting a high pedigree opportunity. We love seeing those guys suceed. the only problem is we've gone through this story a bunch of times.

I hope he can do this, but next year, i want a real HC, a real OC, and a real DC.

Comment

Working...
                              X