X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Jauron on Rhodes release. What??

He wishes he had 5 RBs but he cut a veteran even though your starter is suspended. This was all about money so why not admit as much.

Speaking for the first time since final cuts were made on Saturday, Dick Jauron briefly commented on the release of Dominic Rhodes.

“There is no move that we made that was an easy move (Saturday), and that wasn’t an easy move,” said Jauron. ”But we believe in the guys we kept, obviously, and that’s why we kept them. Again, we’ll move forward from here. We wish Dominic the best. He’s a good player.”

When asked if he’s worried about his running back depth with just Fred Jackson and Xavier Omon, along with FB Corey McIntyre on the roster right now (Lynch on reserve/suspended) Jauron offered the following.

“I wish we had five. Wish we could take seven in (to a game) and 80 players, but we can’t,” he said. ”I like the guys we kept and we’re get them ready and we’ll go.”
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jauron on Rhodes release. What??

While I"m not saying every move the Bills make is financially driven (Kelsay and Denney are expensive and could've easily been cut for that along), the Rhodes release was indeed much about money.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Please stop with the "it was about money" tripe. Why not cut Kelsay then and keep Bryan?

Comment

• MikeInRoch
        • Sep 2003

I heard one report that suggested it might be about money, another that suggested that it might be an issue with chemistry (Rhodes not liking not being the #2 behind Lynch). Why is it automatically assumed to be the first one?
        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

This organization never gets old
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
            Please stop with the "it was about money" tripe. Why not cut Kelsay then and keep Bryan?
            Pretty simple here. Rhodes getting cut costs us nothing and saves us about 1-2 million dollars.

If we cut Kelsay we are still on the hook for his contract and we would still be paying for a replacement(although minimal) in addition.

So keeping Kelsay is about money as well. Why isn't Copeland on the team?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Who gives a ****! Just root for the guys that are on the team plain and simple. Lets start talking about game #1

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

All that means is he sacrificed numbers there for numbers at a different position..

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

cheap cheap cheap
                  thanx for that fine insight skeletor
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                    Who gives a ****! Just root for the guys that are on the team plain and simple. Lets start talking about game #1
                    Living in Homersville will not make the reality of the situation go away.

I am as excited about this game as anyone here. I'm praying for a miracle. I live 8 months out of the year waiting for the NFL and my favorite time of year( Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). I curtail my traveling to enjoy all of it.

But making stupid decisions to save money, which is why the roster still loks like crap is not going away because the first game of the season is upon us.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                      All that means is he sacrificed numbers there for numbers at a different position..
                      Rhodes was our best RB in pre-season. Did Jauron say he got cut because he got outplayed by Omon and Jackson? Missed that part.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Living in Homersville will not make the reality of the situation go away.

I am as excited about this game as anyone here. I'm praying for a miracle. I live 8 months out of the year waiting for the NFL and my favorite time of year( Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). I curtail my traveling to enjoy all of it.

But making stupid decisions to save money, which is why the roster still loks like crap is not going away because the first game of the season is upon us.
                        First off Im not living in Homersville (I just dont look negative direction constantly, Anything can happen on anyday.)

I am the same way about the 8 months and favorite time of the year. Im sure money wasnt the only reason. I dont think he would of been ok being a #3 and not to mention Omon outplayed his ass in preseason. He looked like crap plain and simple. I rather see Omon get time.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Rhodes was our best RB in pre-season. Did Jauron say he got cut because he got outplayed by Omon and Jackson? Missed that part.
                          Rhodes wasnt even close to the best in preseason sorry. Dont know what you were watching. Lynch and Jackson are hands down better and Omon out played him IMO. Matter of fact the little time McIntyre got he looked better also.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I dont think he would of been ok being a #3 and not to mention Omon outplayed his ass in preseason. He looked like crap plain and simple. I rather see Omon get time.

You realize that Omon averaged 1.1 yards a cary against GB and Pittsburgh while Rhodes was 5.1? Didn't Rhodes play against the starters?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Rhodes wasnt even close to the best in preseason sorry. Dont know what you were watching. Lynch and Jackson are hands down better and Omon out played him IMO. Matter of fact the little time McIntyre got he looked better also.
                              3rd and 1. Who would you want to have the ball? Rhodes, McIntyre or Omon?

Comment

Working...
                              X