PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Trent Edwards for Mark Sanchez right now?

yordad
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Would you trade Trent Edwards for Mark Sanchez right now?

It's a private poll, so comments welcome, especially if you want to identify yourself, and maybe add why.

k-oneputt
09-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Are you serious????

Sanchez has alot of upside, He could become a star.
Edwards is a basket case who won't throw the ball over the los.

I would do that trade instantly.

Buffalogic
09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Yes?!?!? Hahahaha ummm wow you guys are quitters.

evdawg419
09-07-2009, 11:36 PM
wowww....

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 12:23 AM
hard to say. I don't like Sanchez and hate how he is ESPN's golden boy and he hasnt even played one regular season game yet. He has potential, and can throw the ball very well.

trent wins games, but durability is an issue and he isn't very consistent.

I say lets give Trent the year, if he sucks we can have Snead, McCoy or Bradford.

I can't really answer whether or not I'd make the trade outright yordad, because I haven't seen either start an entire year without missing a game.

Crisis
09-08-2009, 12:26 AM
i said no, and that has nothing to do with edwards. i just don't believe sanchez will be anything more than what edwards is right now.

Billz_fan
09-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Colt McCoy of the Buffalo Bills is real natural sounding isn't it ? Kind of an all western flavor to it. I can see the signs now :D

I voted to do the trade btw.

JD
09-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Why isn't there a "**** no" option?

JD
09-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Are you serious????

and based on a preseason where the team looked ahead to the patriots you're going to say trent has no chance of becoming a star? you're insane. :roflmao:

Dujek
09-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Not a chance in hell.

No matter who the quarterback is the ****ty coaching still remains. Edwards is a solid, if unspectacular, QB who at least has a bit of NFL experience behind him. Bringing Sanchez in here would be another lamb to the slaughter.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Isn't it a bit too early to worship Sanchez's feet? He hasn't done crap yet.

Dujek
09-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Isn't it a bit too early to worship Sanchez's feet? He hasn't done crap yet.

And looking at the last lot of USC QBs to be highly rated coming out of college he'll either break really easily or he'll suck.

YardRat
09-08-2009, 05:03 AM
No. I'll play Edwards this year, see how the o-line develops, and then make a decision next off-season.

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2009, 05:58 AM
right now. i'm saying no. i think he sucks ass but i will give him this year to prove himself. if he keeps sucking? then we draft someone who doesn't suck.

elltrain22
09-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Are you serious????

Amen!! Nothing else needs to be said

TacklingDummy
09-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Colt McCoy of the Buffalo Bills is real natural sounding isn't it ? Kind of an all western flavor to it. I can see the signs now :D

NO MORE PLAYERS FROM TEXAS

elltrain22
09-08-2009, 06:11 AM

I like Sam Bradford personally, but would be happy w/ McCoy too. Anyone but Dink-n-Dunk Edwards

ddaryl
09-08-2009, 06:15 AM
I figure Let Trent have this year. next year is a great year to draft a QB

If Trent stinks it up we'll have a new HC anyways. I can only hope that Ralph wll then hire a real coach and it attracts real FA's and then we add in a new young QB to groom.

Hopefully AVP is the answer to Trent's woes, and I get to eat a big plate of crow. I have my hot sauce standing by

Jan Reimers
09-08-2009, 06:40 AM
I think I would. Trent hasn't progressed as quickly as I had hoped, and Sanchez has some mighty impressive credentials.

mybills
09-08-2009, 06:56 AM
i said no, and that has nothing to do with edwards. i just don't believe sanchez will be anything more than what edwards is right now.
My son the Jets fan doesn't like him. I did, until I saw Ainge(sp) play. I'd trade Trent for Ainge.

Night Train
09-08-2009, 07:29 AM
I think I would. Trent hasn't progressed as quickly as I had hoped, and Sanchez has some mighty impressive credentials.

Sanchez isn't going to save the Jets season any more than he would the Bills but in terms of upside, he has a rocket arm, far more mobility than Edwards and likes to throw the ball beyond 10 yards. Seems like a sharp kid willing to put in the work.

Edwards has proven that he is prone to injury, holding the ball too long, locking on his primary target,not progressing through his reads, zero pocket awareness and refusing to throw the ball deep to our best player, Lee Evans. Seems to have a severe confidence issue, at present. I'm still rooting for the guy to come around but call me skeptical with good reason. Maybe the coaches ruined the guy like Losman but I'm no longer in the pity camp after losing for 10 years.

Edwards was selected in the middle of Round 3 and seen as a backup before Losman crashed & burned. Sanchez is seen as a front line QB and Pete Carrol just raved about the guy coming out, even though he probably should have stayed 1 more year at USC (and won the Heisman).

I make that trade 10 out of 10 times.

kid mickey
09-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't make the trade. For one Sanchez is making a lot of money, Edwards isn't. As of right now Edwards has NFL experience and isn't bad when the lights are on. Nobody knows what Sanchez has as a rookie. Now next year after seeing what Sanchez has then I would make that call. Right now I'd still give Edwards a chance. He has everything you look for in a QB, he just seems timid to throwing the ball down the field. I really want Edwards to succeed cause I hate the idea of having to spend next years first rounder on a QB.

realdealryan
09-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Can't make this trade --- if it were available, we'd have to throw in Lee Evans or multiple high draft picks based on where this guy was picked and what they gave up for him. And then the salary, since they threw a bunch of cash at him, they want a little more compensation. I'd rather look at the draft or an offseason move - if they are nuts enough to look at this, the FO would definitely do something offseason.

kid mickey
09-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Sanchez isn't going to save the Jets season any more than he would the Bills but in terms of upside, he has a rocket arm, far more mobility than Edwards and likes to throw the ball beyond 10 yards. Seems like a sharp kid willing to put in the work.

Sanchez doesn't have a rocket arm. He is really accurate, but his arm is no stronger than Edwards, and Edwards puts in the work. I bet Buffalo beats the Jets twice this year.

Edwards has proven that he is prone to injury, holding the ball too long, locking on his primary target,not progressing through his reads, zero pocket awareness and refusing to throw the ball deep to our best player, Lee Evans. Seems to have a severe confidence issue, at present. I'm still rooting for the guy to come around but call me skeptical with good reason. Maybe the coaches ruined the guy like Losman but I'm no longer in the pity camp after losing for 10 years.

I can agree that Edwards has gotten banged up a bit in his career, and maybe he does hold onto the ball a bit too long, but he does have pocket awareness, its just his offensive line isn't designed to hold blocks for him for more than four seconds and honestly its the pre-season.

Edwards was selected in the middle of Round 3 and seen as a backup before Losman crashed & burned. Sanchez is seen as a front line QB and Pete Carrol just raved about the guy coming out, even though he probably should have stayed 1 more year at USC (and won the Heisman).

Brady was a sixth rounder. Montana was a third rounder, Kurt Warner played arena ball, Farve was a second rounder. Not every first round QB is a sure thing. I don't think Buffalo drafted Edwards with the intentions of making him the back-up. They gave Losman the opportunity to show he was the starter but they knew from the get go that Edwards was better.

I make that trade 10 out of 10 times.

You will retract that statement by week four. Edwards is going to show why he is the man in Buffalo, and Sanchez is going to show that he needs time to develop.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Can I give Edwards the standard 3 years in the league before I roll him under the bus?

Seriously, I wonder if some of you actually watch any other games besides Buffalo.

There are plenty of teams that would take Edwards over Sanchez.

Jan Reimers
09-08-2009, 09:26 AM
HH, I have to disagree with you here. Vehemently. Don't forget, Bill Walsh is dead.

Novacane
09-08-2009, 09:39 AM

:rolleyes: Which ones? The ones run by fans of the Buffalo Bills.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 09:41 AM
i'd prefer getting an east coast quarterback than a USC product. That whole west coast thing hasn't worked out for us. Bring in some guy who played at michigan or Ohio State or somewhere where they already know the elements.

and at this point, the season is already pretty much lost. I'd rather be able to close the chapter to edwards than open a new book on Sanchez and watch him struggle.

Also, this OL is more to blame for the regression than i think we give it credit for. if we see them get better by week 4 or 5 and see edwards game elevate then, then we know it was the sum of all parts that needed to get better. IF they get better and edwards still isn't getting it done, then bring me the next QB.

yordad
09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Isn't it a bit too early to worship Sanchez's feet? He hasn't done crap yet.I picked him because he hasn't done crap yet.

yordad
09-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Can't make this trade --- if it were available, we'd have to throw in Lee Evans or multiple high draft picks based on where this guy was picked and what they gave up for him. And then the salary, since they threw a bunch of cash at him, they want a little more compensation. I'd rather look at the draft or an offseason move - if they are nuts enough to look at this, the FO would definitely do something offseason.Gez man, it was a one for one hypothetical.

Bill Cody
09-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I would but that doesn't mean I think Trent is garbage.

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I would but that doesn't mean I think Trent is garbage.
My thoughts exactly.

Anyone who thinks that Edwards is the OBVIOUS choice here is an idiot and is extremely myopic in their view of the league...this would be a very tempting offer at the very least...trent is a 3rd rounder who hasnt shown a ton of progress yet, and Sanchez is the #5 pick overall...

mybills
09-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Trent reminds me of a weaker Bledsoe...right now. Hopefully he'll remind me of Montana this year.

Bill Cody
09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Trent reminds me of a weaker Bledsoe...right now. Hopefully he'll remind me of Montana this year.

He is a totally different player than Drew. Drew had one of the strongest arms in NFL history and threw a superior deep ball. He was also 6-5, 240 and would take a hit to deliver a ball. Trent is a get the ball out, move the chains kinda guy that appears kinda brittle. There's only one Montana but Trent would need to try to copy his game, be cool, avoid the big hits, use the slants and quick outs and the occassional long ball. The receivers really matter, TO could change they way teams play us and how good Trent looks.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Anyone who thinks that Edwards is the OBVIOUS choice here is an idiot and is extremely myopic in their view of the league...this would be a very tempting offer at the very least...trent is a 3rd rounder who hasnt shown a ton of progress yet, and Sanchez is the #5 pick overall...

Sanchez is going to be better than Stafford, but even with that said I'm still happy with Trent as our starting QB. I can't help but forebode a bit on the Jets situation. There WRs really aren't that spectacular, Sanchez may have a very tough rookie season. Plus, look at how much Sanchez is getting paid, Trent is making less than million a year, about 500k to be exact, that's a bargain and frees up alot of money for us to spend on other positions on the field for a more well rounded and complete football team.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
He is a totally different player than Drew. Drew had one of the strongest arms in NFL history and threw a superior deep ball. He was also 6-5, 240 and would take a hit to deliver a ball. Trent is a get the ball out, move the chains kinda guy that appears kinda brittle. There's only one Montana but Trent would need to try to copy his game, be cool, avoid the big hits, use the slants and quick outs and the occassional long ball. The receivers really matter, TO could change they way teams play us and how good Trent looks.

I'm a Bledsoe fan as well, our best QB since Kelly by far. :up:

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Sanchez is going to be better than Stafford, but even with that said I'm still happy with Trent as our starting QB. I can't help but forebode a bit on the Jets situation. There WRs really aren't that spectacular, Sanchez may have a very tough rookie season. Plus, look at how much Sanchez is getting paid, Trent is making less than million a year, about 500k to be exact, that's a bargain and frees up alot of money for us to spend on other positions on the field for a more well rounded and complete football team.

No, I totally agree that I like Trent as our starter, but 1) we're not in any sort of cap trouble, so money shouldnt make us not want to pay a man (setting aside our FO's penchant for saving money), 2) I just think, setting all things aside, Sanchez will be a better NFL QB than Trent in their careers.

JD
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Hes brittle because he had a concussion? Good analysis.

Michael82
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Can I give Edwards the standard 3 years in the league before I roll him under the bus?

Seriously, I wonder if some of you actually watch any other games besides Buffalo.

How come you and many others wouldn't give JP that chance? You were already willing to throw him under the bus after the 2nd season....

kernowboy
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
A potential wildcard might be Pat Devlin of Delaware. Good size, good arm strength and if he can repeat in his transfer from Penn St what Flacco achieved once he transferred from Pittsburgh he could be a very nice selection.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 12:39 PM
No, I totally agree that I like Trent as our starter, but 1) we're not in any sort of cap trouble, so money shouldnt make us not want to pay a man (setting aside our FO's penchant for saving money), 2) I just think, setting all things aside, Sanchez will be a better NFL QB than Trent in their careers.

I like Trent, I'm willing to give him all of this year. Injuries and reading the 34 defense are my biggest concerns for him, but other than he is a cerebral guy, makes great reads, goes through his progressions and has a very accurate arm, that's the positives. We oughta just dump all of our resources in to putting talent around him, that way a complete moron could win at the helm of our offense. I certainly think he is at the very least a capable game manager at QB.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Aside from it not being a realistic deal. No I don't take the trade. While I like Sanchez personality and potential he's proven nothing, and history tells us big school QBs traditionally struggle in the NFL.

I'm all for giving Trent this whole season to play and show us what to do with him.

As for a replacement should he falter I'd say that whilw I like a guy like Snead I wouldn't be against drafting a Dan LeFeveour type either.

k-oneputt
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Not a chance in hell.

No matter who the quarterback is the ****ty coaching still remains. Edwards is a solid, if unspectacular, QB who at least has a bit of NFL experience behind him. Bringing Sanchez in here would be another lamb to the slaughter.

No I base it from what I have seen in Trent the last couple of years, and the fact that this team isn't winning this year either. So give me Sanchez and lets start rebuilding AGAIN.

Bill Cody
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Hes brittle because he had a concussion? Good analysis.

Apparently you don't know much about Edwards. He was injured two out of three years he played in college and out again here last year. Some guys have trouble staying on the field.

k-oneputt
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
What exactly has Trent proven since he's been here ?

Also there is not one team in the league that would take Edwards over Sanchez today.

yordad
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Apparently you don't know much about Edwards. He was injured two out of three years he played in college and out again here last year. Some guys have trouble staying on the field.Edwards had to have surgery from a charley horse.

Bill Cody
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Sanchez is going to be better than Stafford

Based on what? Stafford could be the next John Elway. He has the best arm to come into the league since...(drum roll, wait for it) Drew Bledsoe!

Bill Cody
09-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Edwards had to have surgery from a charley horse.

better to need surgery for a charlie horse than have a lobotomy like JP apparently had.:whistling

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Based on what? Stafford could be the next John Elway. He has the best arm to come into the league since...(drum roll, wait for it) Drew Bledsoe!

Losman had an arm comparable to Drew's, just no touch on the ball, ahah.

Stafford has been an interception machine so far, he didn't do much at Georgia, either.

Bill Cody
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Losman had an arm comparable to Drew's, just no touch on the ball, ahah.

Stafford has been an interception machine so far, he didn't do much at Georgia, either.

The Lions were 0-16 for a lot of reasons last year. So be fair here. No rookie QB is going to avoid picks, it is what it is, look at the 1st year stats for some of the great QB's like Manning and Elway. Stafford was great at Georgia, that's why he was the #1 pick. He is going to take some time to develop but he is a great kid and he's loaded with talent. I've seen Georgia play at least twelve times in the past 2 years. How about you?

And Losman had a very good arm but comparable to Drew's? Hell no, Drew could throw 75 yards+ in the air. JP is also brain dead.

JD
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Also there is not one team in the league that would take Edwards over Sanchez today.

What are you basing this off of?

The good possibility that the severity of Trents concussion was misdiagnosed by the medical staff? The fact that he was rushed back too early? The fact that the team did not prepare for their preseason opponents defenses? Or the fact that our Offensive line is the worst the league has to offer?

I am content with Trent at the helm. He is our franchise guy and it will pay off in the end.

:beers:

tampabay25690
09-08-2009, 04:49 PM

So we will have a FLUTIE type guy NO WAY....
Big 12 QB no way

yordad
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM

The good possibility that the severity of Trents concussion was misdiagnosed by the medical staff? The fact that he was rushed back too early? The fact that the team did not prepare for their preseason opponents defenses? Or the fact that our Offensive line is the worst the league has to offer?

I am content with Trent at the helm. He is our franchise guy and it will pay off in the end.

:beers:OMG, then how do you explain the fact he had a good game vs. the Chargers? Seriously, how long does the most sever concussion take to heal? I mean, are you saying he has irreversible brain damage? If you want to blame it on the psychological, you might have a better case, but there was nothing physiologically wrong with Trent's brain (at least nothing that didn't exist pre-hit).

I don't understand how on the plays Trent has plenty of time he still thorws a 1 yard pass, and you still blame the line.

:awm:

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 06:58 PM

:beers:

Can we get some links to those claims doctor?

Kenny
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I probably would... I dont think it would make any difference right now, which is saying alot since Trent isnt a rookie anymore.

IMO Trent hasnt progressed at all...I hope Im wrong, -but until I see otherwise he looks like the second coming of Kelly Holcomb.

Gunnails
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM

=======================================================

This.

mybills
09-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Drew had one of the strongest arms in NFL history and threw a superior deep ball.
Did you miss the part where I said "weaker" ? :peace:

Gunzlingr
09-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I really doubt anybody would take him, especially if he doesn't get his head out of his ass this year.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:14 PM

as bad as edwards has been, i still don't trade him straight up for sanchez. never liked him as a pro prospect.