PDA

View Full Version : An optimistic thread from HH!!

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Last year I posted a thread about how the Bills could possibly win the East. After 5-1 it looked like the reasoning was sound as some of things that I said had to happen ie. Brady was hurt, Favre was struggling and Miami hadn't gathered too much steam came to fruition. But in the end what I assumed what would happen did and we ended at 7-9.

So here I go with some optimism. Please keep in mind because some of you said I contradicted myself last year that what I think will happen is alot different than what I'm saying might happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

How I think we could win the Monday night game:

1) Brady defiantely hurt his shoulder. He will not be 100%. The fact that it happened at the end of pre-season is in our favor because it's fresh in his mind. Obvioulsy it's a stretch but we are having fun here.

2) The New England D lost 4 starters from last year. The last time this team lost a big defensive leader we know how that turned out. Seymour is a loss for sure.

3) The change at OC might actually be a lift. The offense and entire team had to be a little down based on what was happening. Change sometimes is good just for what it is.

4) Edwards hasn't played that badly. The first pre-season game he looked pretty good with Owens out there. The next game he went 10 of 10. I think Edwards will play better than many of you are thinking.

5) Owens, Owens, Owens, Owens. I've watched the guy long enough to know he's going to show up and play on Monday Night. He has alot to prove.

6) Aaaron Maybin might be cocky enough to steal a sack in this game. I don't think he realizes how raw he is and that might be a good thing.

7) Van Pelt. If he's the football genius that everyone keeps talking about than he should shine immediately. Bellichek did so why can't he?

We are supposed to lose this game. We should lose this game. But New England is not playing with the stacked deck that we are used to seeing and we lost a very close game on the road two years ago with Losman and a much crappier team.

I'll be rooting for Buffalo on Monday and so should you.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
your comment about bellicheat making good so why cant AVP fails to recognize that Bellichek is a once in a generation genius (I hate saying that). If AVP is 1/2 as good we'll be lucky.

fun to think positive :)

Jan Reimers
09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I like the optimism. I still have hope, but I've been crushed too often to come anywhere near believing it.

BAM
09-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Nice. Either way I am freekin' PUMPED about this Monday. THIS WEEK CANNOT MOVE FAST ENOUGH. It's a short week thanks to Labor Day but it still feels like it is crawling...

But GO BILLS! :beers:

cocamide
09-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Don't forget, Welker might be injured too. That would help tremendously.

gil
09-08-2009, 09:41 AM
your comment about bellicheat making good so why cant AVP fails to recognize that Bellichek is a once in a generation genius

sorry, I'm not buying that - once in a generation genius didn't look so smart in Cleveland or before Brady came along.

justasportsfan
09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
We can win if we show up. On any given sunday is all the hope we have. It can happen.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
one thing that scares me is that alot of people have said, "the pats haven't seen much of our offense." And that's true and might be in our favor. But i get the sense that the pats are going through some big changes on offense and defense. And we haven't seen that.

Of the two coaching staffs, which one deals with changes better? And that's what scares me.

I hope AVP is a young new marv that's ready to unleash a brand of football we've not seen since 1999.

M
09-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Did someone hijack HH's computer?? Nice to see some optimism from you!!!

:gobills:

justasportsfan
09-08-2009, 09:51 AM
one thing that scares me is that alot of people have said, "the pats haven't seen much of our offense." And that's true and might be in our favor. But i get the sense that the pats are going through some big changes on offense and defense. And we haven't seen that.

they don't have to worry about our O if our players are confused trying to run it themselves.

Watching our O was like watching the 3 Stoogies. NO need to get involved. Let them beat up on teach other.

yordad
09-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I ain't going to lie, with the Bills only being 11 point underdogs, I've been thinking about betting on the Patriots. I think the Bills will lose by 30+.

BillsFanInMass
09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
How much of a genius would belicheck look like if he wasnt cheating all those years i think he would have looked alot closer to averagethan genius.He got caught filming but think of all the other stuff he probably didnt get caught for.He probably has people in the bills organazation on his under the table payroll you never know lol

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
How much of a genius would belicheck look like if he wasnt cheating all those years i think he would have looked alot closer to averagethan genius.He got caught filming but think of all the other stuff he probably didnt get caught for.He probably has people in the bills organazation on his under the table payroll you never know lol

I have to defend Belichek here. Bob Papa was talking about how the Patriots Hall of Fame has an interactive N.E. playbook and Belichek breaks down every play and what the objective is. He said it's like nothing he has ever seen.

The funny part is guys like this do things they probably don't even need to do to get an advantage but they are so afraid of failure that they will do anything to win.

TacklingDummy
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
2) The New England D lost 4 starters from last year. The last time this team lost a big defensive leader we know how that turned out. Seymour is a loss for sure.

NE realized that they don't need a defense to beat the creme puffs in their division. Especially the S-Gun offense in Buffalo.

casdhf
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
He was an instant genius in Cleveland, too.

Prov401
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM

The season he got caught cheating, is the season he went 16-0.
Last year his franchise was taken away. He went 11-5 and was deffinitley a playoff team.

Belicheck is already top 5 coaches of all time, and the best in the NFL hands down.

To the post, I am very optimistic about this game. Iv'e watched all the Pats games in the pre-season, and their secondary sucks. Their LB's, aside from Mayo, are a solid B. Their Line is what gets it done, but they have deffinitley taken a hit without Seymore. Seymore, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel...4 tremendous captains, are all gone on defense.

We are going to have to slug this one out, because unlike the 2006 opener, which ended 19-17 NE, Brady has a few more weapons other than Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, Troy Brown, and Jabar Gaffney, in this opener. It's incredible to think he took them to the AFC championship with that inept group of recievers in 2006.

I will root for the Bills, as I ALWAYS do. Pressure on Brady, no turnovers on Offense, and no mistakes on special teams, we will be right in this game.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 10:46 AM
You're so bipolar, make up your mind. 5 negative threads for 1 positive thread is hardly worthy of praise!

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Bills 56 Patsies 2.

Hamdan comes in to the game in the fourth and feels bad for the Patriots so he takes a knee in the endzone to give them some points.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 10:52 AM
You're so bipolar, make up your mind. 5 negative threads for 1 positive thread is hardly worthy of praise!

Obviously my disclaimer about possible and probable was too complicated for you. Thanks for bringing thought provoking ideas to this thread.:loser:

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Obviously my disclaimer about possible and probable was too complicated for you. Thanks for bringing thought provoking ideas to this thread.:loser:

:cry:

Do you need a hug??? :bighug:

Billz_fan
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
That side of the board doesn't suite you HH. Come back over to this side :D

justasportsfan
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I'll be rooting for Buffalo on Monday and so should you.
we never stopped unlike some posters who said they are no longer bills fans and then they are again......

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
we never stoped unlike some posters who said they are no longer bills fans and then they are again......

I just respect people when they stick to their guns and aren't all over the place. Don't say we're going to go 4-12 and then a couple days later start a positive thread because you're in a positive mood. I'm predicting 10-6, I'm riding the homer train while it lasts, choo choo.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I predicted 10-6 at the beginning of the season and still feel its possible. Im only negative about Dick. I think hes an awful coach and would like another one. A proven one.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I predicted 10-6 at the beginning of the season and still feel its possible. Im only negative about Dick. I think hes an awful coach and would like another one. A proven one.

There you go, 10-6 the number is magic.

10-6 it is.

Typ0
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Week 1 is the best time to play the pats. We could win.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Week 1 is the best time to play the pats. We could win.

My signature sugguests that I wanted Orakpo, but I'm really starting to think twice about that. Maybin looks like a monster, I can just see this guy making Brady's life hell.

ddaryl
09-08-2009, 11:49 AM
My signature sugguests that I wanted Orakpo, but I'm really starting to think twice about that. Maybin looks like a monster, I can just see this guy making Brady's life hell.

I'm in the same boat. We might have actually made the right call.

Maybin may not out play Orakpo year one but He is flashing some explosive speed and desire to be the force we need

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm in the same boat. We might have actually made the right call.

Maybin may not out play Orakpo year one but He is flashing some explosive speed and desire to be the force we need

I tell you what, if Schobel comes back to his pro bowl form, our D-line is going to be sick, we are going to kill QBs. Maybin/Schobel will both be coming off the edge in obvious passing situations, tasty.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I tell you what, if Schobel comes back to his pro bowl form, our D-line is going to be sick, we are going to kill QBs. Maybin/Schobel will both be coming off the edge in obvious passing situations, tasty.

I actually agree. You saw how Pittsburgh was double teaming the rookie in his first game, how are you going to spread the love with Maybin and a pro bowler on the other side? Then Stroud is a beast and Williams consistently makes plays.

Good line. IF Maybin contributes and IF we give up on the Kelsay experiment.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
This is why I should never be optimistic with this team because they don't know what they are doing.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
This is why I should never be optimistic with this team because they don't know what they are doing.

lmfao, I was about to bump this.

SabreEleven
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Are we still being optimistic?