X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

An optimistic thread from HH!!

Last year I posted a thread about how the Bills could possibly win the East. After 5-1 it looked like the reasoning was sound as some of things that I said had to happen ie. Brady was hurt, Favre was struggling and Miami hadn't gathered too much steam came to fruition. But in the end what I assumed what would happen did and we ended at 7-9.

So here I go with some optimism. Please keep in mind because some of you said I contradicted myself last year that what I think will happen is alot different than what I'm saying might happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

How I think we could win the Monday night game:

1) Brady defiantely hurt his shoulder. He will not be 100%. The fact that it happened at the end of pre-season is in our favor because it's fresh in his mind. Obvioulsy it's a stretch but we are having fun here.

2) The New England D lost 4 starters from last year. The last time this team lost a big defensive leader we know how that turned out. Seymour is a loss for sure.

3) The change at OC might actually be a lift. The offense and entire team had to be a little down based on what was happening. Change sometimes is good just for what it is.

4) Edwards hasn't played that badly. The first pre-season game he looked pretty good with Owens out there. The next game he went 10 of 10. I think Edwards will play better than many of you are thinking.

5) Owens, Owens, Owens, Owens. I've watched the guy long enough to know he's going to show up and play on Monday Night. He has alot to prove.

6) Aaaron Maybin might be cocky enough to steal a sack in this game. I don't think he realizes how raw he is and that might be a good thing.

7) Van Pelt. If he's the football genius that everyone keeps talking about than he should shine immediately. Bellichek did so why can't he?

We are supposed to lose this game. We should lose this game. But New England is not playing with the stacked deck that we are used to seeing and we lost a very close game on the road two years ago with Losman and a much crappier team.

I'll be rooting for Buffalo on Monday and so should you.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: An optimistic thread from HH!!

your comment about bellicheat making good so why cant AVP fails to recognize that Bellichek is a once in a generation genius (I hate saying that). If AVP is 1/2 as good we'll be lucky.

fun to think positive :)
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I like the optimism. I still have hope, but I've been crushed too often to come anywhere near believing it.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Nice. Either way I am freekin' PUMPED about this Monday. THIS WEEK CANNOT MOVE FAST ENOUGH. It's a short week thanks to Labor Day but it still feels like it is crawling...

But GO BILLS!

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

Don't forget, Welker might be injured too. That would help tremendously.

Comment

• gil
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
            your comment about bellicheat making good so why cant AVP fails to recognize that Bellichek is a once in a generation genius
            sorry, I'm not buying that - once in a generation genius didn't look so smart in Cleveland or before Brady came along.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

We can win if we show up. On any given sunday is all the hope we have. It can happen.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

one thing that scares me is that alot of people have said, "the pats haven't seen much of our offense." And that's true and might be in our favor. But i get the sense that the pats are going through some big changes on offense and defense. And we haven't seen that.

Of the two coaching staffs, which one deals with changes better? And that's what scares me.

I hope AVP is a young new marv that's ready to unleash a brand of football we've not seen since 1999.

Comment

• M
                  • Aug 2006

Did someone hijack HH's computer?? Nice to see some optimism from you!!!

Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    one thing that scares me is that alot of people have said, "the pats haven't seen much of our offense." And that's true and might be in our favor. But i get the sense that the pats are going through some big changes on offense and defense. And we haven't seen that.

they don't have to worry about our O if our players are confused trying to run it themselves.

Watching our O was like watching the 3 Stoogies. NO need to get involved. Let them beat up on teach other.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

I ain't going to lie, with the Bills only being 11 point underdogs, I've been thinking about betting on the Patriots. I think the Bills will lose by 30+.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                        The Stoner Zoner
                        • Feb 2003

How much of a genius would belicheck look like if he wasnt cheating all those years i think he would have looked alot closer to averagethan genius.He got caught filming but think of all the other stuff he probably didnt get caught for.He probably has people in the bills organazation on his under the table payroll you never know lol

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
                          How much of a genius would belicheck look like if he wasnt cheating all those years i think he would have looked alot closer to averagethan genius.He got caught filming but think of all the other stuff he probably didnt get caught for.He probably has people in the bills organazation on his under the table payroll you never know lol

I have to defend Belichek here. Bob Papa was talking about how the Patriots Hall of Fame has an interactive N.E. playbook and Belichek breaks down every play and what the objective is. He said it's like nothing he has ever seen.

The funny part is guys like this do things they probably don't even need to do to get an advantage but they are so afraid of failure that they will do anything to win.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

2) The New England D lost 4 starters from last year. The last time this team lost a big defensive leader we know how that turned out. Seymour is a loss for sure.
                            NE realized that they don't need a defense to beat the creme puffs in their division. Especially the S-Gun offense in Buffalo.
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-08-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

He was an instant genius in Cleveland, too.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X