PDA

View Full Version : Can We Include?

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Donte Whitner in the same discussion with Mike Williams, John McCargo, JP Losman and Erik Flowers yet? Overall, I think we got a top 10 defense this year, no joke but I think Whitner is dead weight. Can anybody remember the last time he has made a play? Other than that late tackle in the end zone against Pittsburgh, what has he done? That's his most memorable play as a Bill. To be honest, I think the jury is out on Whitner. In my estimation, we could have Byrd & Scott starting for us and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I mean, what exactly does Whitner do other than hitting WRs over the middle after they already caught the ball and are 15-20 yards down field? Whitna is a bum. The end.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I think Mike Williams made the Redskins roster so we gave up too soon.:D :D

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I think Mike Williams made the Redskins roster so we gave up too soon.:D :D

True, Losman is playing in Vegas right now too, so maybe we gave up on him a bit early? =P

Wittman21
09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I think you may be referencing the Oakland game where he caught up to that showboater (Higgins i believe) and tackled him in the endzone after the 80 yard TD...yes i also agree that he needs to make more plays. I like better in the SS position, he seems to make a lot of tackles near the line. This is will the decisive year, i wanna see byrd at FS and use his ball hawking ability.
It all starts with the front 4 though...we need consistant pressure on the QB, more pressure=mor ebad throws/rushed throws=more playmaking

Go Bills

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I think you may be referencing the Oakland game where he caught up to that showboater (Higgins i believe) and tackled him in the endzone after the 80 yard TD...yes i also agree that he needs to make more plays. I like better in the SS position, he seems to make a lot of tackles near the line. This is will the decisive year, i wanna see byrd at FS and use his ball hawking ability.
It all starts with the front 4 though...we need consistant pressure on the QB, more pressure=mor ebad throws/rushed throws=more playmaking

Go Bills

You're right, that was Oakland.

I like the fact that Whitner hits hard, but the clearly has a problem diagnosing the plays. I rarely see him bat down passes or make plays on the ball while it's in the air, that's probably my biggest critique of the guy. I guess it doesn't help that he has a big mouth that he can't back up with solid play either, probably my second biggest critique. My third biggest critique is that we took him 8th overall, but I guess that isn't his fault, haha.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
there is always a defining moment or play when i go from Homer fan of a player to, "i think the show is over for this player."

Whitner's moment was when he got pancaked by a running back's stiff arm in the last game of the season. Then the gravy was his off field incident and his constant facebooking as a showing that he's a leader. Just get it done on the field. I doubt Ronnie Lott would have facebooked about his guarantees and such. The guy would cut off all his fingers to not facebook.

even though i thought that he showed his true colors of being an average player not worth the first round money, i will give him this year to make us believers. but that being said, he really is going to have to be a difference maker with INT's and big hits in coverage and run support

casdhf
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
He'd be a steal if we took him in the 4th round.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I like Whitner. he's got a good attitude. I might have waited to pick him until around pick 28-32, but I haven't given up on him becoming a good player yet. he's just one of those players Bills fans love to hate because we picked him ahead of other playmakers. which is understandable, I'm just saying that I didnt HATE the pick. I just would have picked him later, I still like him on the team.

The Juice Is Loose
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
whitner blows. bottom 10 #1 safety of all 32 teams.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
whitner blows. bottom 10 #1 safety of all 32 teams.

Yeah, exactly. Run of the mill journey man.

Canadian'eh!
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Donte Whitner in the same discussion with Mike Williams, John McCargo, JP Losman and Erik Flowers yet? Overall, I think we got a top 10 defense this year, no joke but I think Whitner is dead weight. Can anybody remember the last time he has made a play? Other than that late tackle in the end zone against Pittsburgh, what has he done? That's his most memorable play as a Bill. To be honest, I think the jury is out on Whitner. In my estimation, we could have Byrd & Scott starting for us and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I mean, what exactly does Whitner do other than hitting WRs over the middle after they already caught the ball and are 15-20 yards down field? Whitna is a bum. The end.

Welcome to my life this time LAST year.

I took a lot of criticism for saying ****ner weas bordering out being an outright BUST. (I always felt he was a MAJOR reach, and Ngata was who I wanted).

I noted his career numbers, which amounted to something like 1FF, 2INT and one an UNBELIEVABLE 6 PD.

Of course las year was even worse 0 INT 1PD 1 FF and his first career sack.
and his tackles dropped to 61.

I was hit with a barage of excuses (including his own tweets) about playing a certain role. But that's total BS. Good players make plays when they are out there. they read the D and be where they can make a play.

****ner doesn't even make tackles anymore, and the drafting of Bird was meant to REPLACE him. not help him out.

I bet this is his last year with the Bills.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Welcome to my life this time LAST year.

I took a lot of criticism for saying ****ner weas bordering out being an outright BUST. (I always felt he was a MAJOR reach, and Ngata was who I wanted).

I noted his career numbers, which amounted to something like 1FF, 2INT and one an UNBELIEVABLE 6 PD.

Of course las year was even worse 0 INT 1PD 1 FF and his first career sack.
and his tackles dropped to 61.

I was hit with a barage of excuses (including his own tweets) about playing a certain role. But that's total BS. Good players make plays when they are out there. they read the D and be where they can make a play.

****ner doesn't even make tackles anymore, and the drafting of Bird was meant to REPLACE him. not help him out.

I bet this is his last year with the Bills.

I mean we drafted him to be a playmaker, you don't draft safeties at #8 overall unless you think they have Adrian Wilson, Troy Polamalu, Sean Taylor(RIP btw, one of my favorites all time), Kerry Rhodes, John Lynch, Bob Sanders or Chris Hope kind of ability. If reading QBs was like reading books, Whitner would be illiterate. Dude just sucks, no vision at all.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
as much as i agree with the whitner assessment, he was playing with an injured shoulder for most of the year...he gets a couple games this year to prove to me that he's an outright bust and not just stuck with a bad injury last year.

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
as much as i agree with the whitner assessment, he was playing with an injured shoulder for most of the year...he gets a couple games this year to prove to me that he's an outright bust and not just stuck with a bad injury last year.

BUMP

I just felt that his performance last night proves my original sentiment.

Whitner is a liability in pass defense, but granted he is good at tackling in the box. Two big TDs over the middle in his general vicinity, he was late on both plays. I cheered last night when Kelsay got injured, I'm hoping that Whitner gets knocked out so Byrd can come in so we may see competent play.

Beastie Bills
09-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Can We Include Donte Whitner in the same discussion with Mike Williams, John McCargo, JP Losman and Erik Flowers yet?

http://www2.tau.ac.il/InternetFiles/news/UserFiles/image/%D7%A6%D7%97/obama-yes-we-can.jpg

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2009, 02:21 PM
haha brilliant

Mr. Pink
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I mean we drafted him to be a playmaker, you don't draft safeties at #8 overall unless you think they have Adrian Wilson, Troy Polamalu, Sean Taylor(RIP btw, one of my favorites all time), Kerry Rhodes, John Lynch, Bob Sanders or Chris Hope kind of ability. If reading QBs was like reading books, Whitner would be illiterate. Dude just sucks, no vision at all.

Or you get a guy like Eric Turner. Also RIP.

A guy always around the ball and making big hits.

Something Whitner rarely does.

Oldbillsfan
09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Whitner is too busy on FB and Twitter....Start playing like the 11th pick in the draft.

SABuffalo786
09-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Uh, Whitner had a solid game last night.

Crisis
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
You see Whitner in on a play maybe 3 times a game, does nothing spectacular, and as soon as the camera is on him you always see him taunting fans or trash talking someone.

If you're gonna talk that much back it up you worthless piece of ****. I can't stand Whitner anymore.

Oldbillsfan
09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Uh, Whitner had a solid game last night.

How many "hits" did he have?

kid mickey
09-15-2009, 06:17 PM
How many "hits" did he have?

how many hits did any players on the defense have??? He was second on the team for total tackles.

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Whitner did well yesturday. Prevented a few 1st downs on 3rd down and did well making sure not deep passes got to anyone.

Mitchell55
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Also I dont think we can even include McCargo in that list yet.

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Tackles don't mean Dick if you're consistently getting beat down field in the passing game.

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
True, Losman is playing in Vegas right now too, so maybe we gave up on him a bit early? =P

no we didn't.