• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

The "Un-sarcastic" Reasons for Hope Threads

Looking for reasons (legit reasons, no sarcasm) on why you think the Buffalo Bills have hope this year. It could be a specific player, a unit, anything.. But make it legit.

Obviously T.O. is the single-biggest reason. What are some of yours?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: The "Un-sarcastic" Reasons for Hope Threads

Schobel and Maybin. They make or break our year. Wood and Levitre come second.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I really don't see a silver lining. I suppose if other teams on the Bills schedule and in the AFC East got a rash of injuries and the Bills stayed healthy, maybe that would even the playing field. However, that happened last year with Brady, and it didn't make a difference.

I guess, since it is a very high risk move, maybe AVP will call good games and gameplan well? I can't say I'm too optimistic about it because he has no experience and therefore I expect any success he has to be countered by good gameplanning by opponents after a few weeks that diagnose his tendencies, but there's always a chance the Bills may fall ass-backwards into a diamond in the rough. It happens occasionally (Marv Levy and Bill Polian).

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
        Schobel and Maybin. They make or break our year. Wood and Levitre come second.
        I'll second this. Maybe Maybin is the real deal, and the young offensive line surprises us and plays well? There are a lot of maybes with this team. Those maybes need to all turn into positives.

Comment

• gil
          • Mar 2005

The only thing I think we can hope for is that Trent does a 180 from what he looked like in pre-season and turns into a stud pro-bowl QB.

Anything less than that and I think we're screwed.

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

It's gotta be the pass rush in Schobel and Maybin. We need to get more turnovers and sacks on 3rd down (hell...sacks on ANY down). These 2 guys could result in 2 or 3 wins themselves this year if they can get to the QB

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by T-Long
              It's gotta be the pass rush in Schobel and Maybin. We need to get more turnovers and sacks on 3rd down (hell...sacks on ANY down). These 2 guys could result in 2 or 3 wins themselves this year if they can get to the QB
              Couldn't agree more. A consistent pass rush would make this team way better. It'll make our Tampa-2 not suck so bad since QBs won't have all day to get rid of the ball.

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

Its on trent and the 0-line

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

I love Moorman.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

There's always hope. This is the NFL and right now we're 0-0 like everyone else. Every year there are fans that are ready to give up on their team before the season even starts and other fans that are already making plans for the playoffs, and every year there are a bunch of teams that surprise everyone. And every year all you have to do is look to the previous year for examples. No one thought Atlanta, Baltimore or Miami were going to do anything. They all made the playoffs. Jax, Dallas, NE, and New Orleans were all possible SB contenders. None of them made the playoffs. We may not feel good about our team right now, but that really doesn't mean anything. We've all been watching football long enough to know that we really don't know anything until the season has actually been played. So why not have hope? It's all anyone has right now.

Comment

• Chewytie
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ed
                      There's always hope. This is the NFL and right now we're 0-0 like everyone else. Every year there are fans that are ready to give up on their team before the season even starts and other fans that are already making plans for the playoffs, and every year there are a bunch of teams that surprise everyone. And every year all you have to do is look to the previous year for examples. No one thought Atlanta, Baltimore or Miami were going to do anything. They all made the playoffs. Jax, Dallas, NE, and New Orleans were all possible SB contenders. None of them made the playoffs. We may not feel good about our team right now, but that really doesn't mean anything. We've all been watching football long enough to know that we really don't know anything until the season has actually been played. So why not have hope? It's all anyone has right now.
                      Agreed. You said it in much better words than I could have.
                      /Pensive

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                        • Mar 2004

The Oline, AVP,TO,our Dline there is no chance this team breaks .500

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

The TO show

Maybin looks better then I thought he would this early

AVP >>>> TURK

Did I mention TO

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

if by week 10 the OL looks like we hit on Levtre and wood and that bell is a good LT, i'll be happy that the OL is pretty close to being adequate.

I'll judge that on if the QB play gets better week to week and if the run game gets better week to week.

If maybin proves to be productive and the rookies in the LB core show us good protection, good nose for the ball and can the defense as a whole can stop 3rd and longs.

On special teams, i'll be happy if someone returns punts other than roscoe and still gets good return yards.

That will make me very optimistic about 2010. New coach, some good basics in place, and then a good draft and a nice FA could make 2010 the year that we get into the playoffs, and have a chance to win in the playoffs.

Comment

• bigmouldsfan
                              • Apr 2004

here are some reasons:
                              - better overall talent on offence, you might say this boils down to TO but I think that the TEs, WRs and RBs all start the season with more collective potential than any time in recent memory.
                              - Young Players on Defence - the defence has players in Maybin, Ellis, Buggs and Harris that could give it a big lift over last year. i said COULD :)
                              - Ko Simpson is gone
                              - say what you want above Youboty and Schobel but when they were healthly the D was noticeably better that it was without them. they're back, that's bound to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X