X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billser
    • Oct 2007

Pats roster

Im looking at their roster and, on paper, I cant tell why theyre so good. For example, their starting corners are Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden.And ya blah blah, I know people are gonna say coaching this that---I know all about that. But seriously, they have had the talent in the past too (Assante Samuel, Harrison). You would think the Bills would be able to take advantage of some matchups.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Pats roster

I would think that our WRs should be able to have a good day against NE's DBs, but the only thing that worries me is the amount of time Trent will have to throw. Regardless of who's playing on defense, the Pats will be able to confuse our new O-line, which could mean a long day for Trent. If Trent has time, he should be able to take advantage of what I think is a relatively weak (at least compared to recent years) Patriot defense.

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

Belichick could line up 6 year old girls in a 3-4 and Trent would **** it up.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

it;s the coach silly... HOF guarenteed

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

While NE is certainly like to beat us, and they're probably a safe bet for the playoffs, they are indeed a team in transition, at least defensively.

Six former starters is a lot to replace, and it will probably take time for them to gel. For that reason alone, I'm glad we get them right off the bat, though I much rather the game be in Buffalo.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

That team is all about coaching. Take that coaching staff away and Brady is average at best.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

yeah and they probably own a dozen 1st rd picks over the next 4 years...

they may be in transition but they ain't hurtin that's for sure

I wish our transition years ment playoffs

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                That team is all about coaching. Take that coaching staff away and Brady is average at best.
                Dude, you are absolutely nuts to think that Tom Brady would be an average QB if not for their coaching.

If Brady stays healthy, he will go down as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. He might already be top 5.
                Last edited by jamze132; 09-08-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

What transition?

They have an offense that can put up 30+ every game.

It doesn't matter how weak your defense is when your offense can score at will.

Besides, it's not like their defense is terrible either.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by billser
                    Im looking at their roster and, on paper, I cant tell why theyre so good. For example, their starting corners are Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden.And ya blah blah, I know people are gonna say coaching this that---I know all about that. But seriously, they have had the talent in the past too (Assante Samuel, Harrison). You would think the Bills would be able to take advantage of some matchups.
                    Springs is still better then any corner on the Bills roster right now. Plus they have top talent on the defensive line.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Dude, you are absolutely nuts to think that Tom Brady would be an average QB if not for their coaching.

If Brady stays healthy, he will go down as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. He might already be top 5.
                      That's where ppl get confused between coaching and talent. Brady would be just as successful anywhere else at this point in his career. Would Brady have become the QB he is if it wasn't for BB? He may have not. Brady himself gives credit to Bill for pushing him to be a better player.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                        My IQ Test results came back negative
                        • Oct 2002

in the last year they lost Richard seymour Rodney Harrison Teddy Bruschi and Wike Vrabeal....4 leaders of that team. There defense will not be good. But there offense will get them into the playoffs. I just dont see them outscorring and beating 4 playoff teams come janurary.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by madness
                          Brady himself gives credit to Bill for pushing him to be a better player.
                          And Belichick gives Brady credit for making him a better coach:

Then Belichick points out something he’s never really noted before. That Tom Brady is “hard to coach.”

“You have to be better prepared than he is because he sets such a high standard with his preparation and his level of understanding,” Belichick says. “As a coach, you’re competing with that, trying to exceed that or else, what are you doing (for him)?

“You don’t want to go into a meeting with him and say, ‘Well, this team didn’t hit a lot of outcuts against (this defense).’ He’ll turn around and say, ‘Well, in the Green Bay game last year they did. They hit five of them.’ You’ll want to have seen that game and make sure you know what happened so that he’s not telling you what happened when you should be telling him what happened.”
                          You can't separate one from another. Brady is a special player. There is no doubt he has reaped the benefit from playing for a good team, but so didn't Montana.

All you have to do is look back to the 2006 season. Losing Deion Branch unexpectedly before the season and David Givens to FA, he ended up throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel and Jabar Gaffney he still threw for 3,500 yards with 24 TDs to 12 Ints, leading his team to the AFC Championship game. It may have been the best performance of his career, given all he had to overcome.

Comment

Working...
                          X