Sorry to break it to you but Ralph is preparing for an uncapped year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Sorry to break it to you but Ralph is preparing for an uncapped year.

My guess is that Ralph is getting prepared for an uncapped year and realizes that this team sucks monkey balls so he's jetisoning his expensive players and saving his money.

All I can is that he's probably single handedly killed the home opener for me.

Kirk Chambers wasn't good enough to make your 53 man roster but now he is. Okay, whatever.
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Re: Sorry to break it to you but Ralph is preparing for an uncapped year.

That Jason Peters trade really worked out well huh?

Comment

• Beastie Bills
      Senior Zoner
      • Mar 2009

I think you're right about Ralph saving his money....but you're delusional if you think he's going to go on a spending spree once the cap is gone.

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

Ralph just hates spending money is the problem. Otherwise he would have just fired Dick Last year and we would have Brian Billick or Bill Cower ... but no he won't pay coaches any where near the avg. of an NFL coach so we get crap! I think this is going to be a worse year than Man Boobs last season
        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Beastie Bills
          I think you're right about Ralph saving his money....but you're delusional if you think he's going to go on a spending spree once the cap is gone.

That's not the point. There is a liklihood of a lockout.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
            Senior Zoner
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            That's not the point. There is a liklihood of a lockout.
            Oh, so you think he's saving up his money in case there's a lockout, and he has no revenue coming in? Yeah, I could see that. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

I am not sure why this would kill the home opener for you. I still think we'll beat Tampa Bay. Who knows if we win another one, but that's looking like our best shot!!

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

How much are they under the cap? Anyone have the current numbers?
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Thats all well and good, but how do u justify Reed Denney Kelsay and Parrish? oh yeah for good measure throw in McCargo and whitner too?
                  they are all being overpaid and they are also overvalued by this ass organization
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

gotta wonder too did we cut Chambers knowing we would resign him cheaper than the 2yr deal we signed him for in the offseason? hey i hate to sound this way but explain to me Rhodes getting cut and Mcyntyre on the roster?
                    oh yeah cheap cheap cheap
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

I thought McIntyre ran the best of running backs in the preseason, albeit vs. 3rd stringers. He moved the pile.

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
                        • Dec 2004

What if Ralph is doing just that? Like it or not, owning a football organization is a business too. If there is a forecast for a lockout, and revenues will disappear, why not start saving for that rainy day? Eventually the sun will come back out and you would hope the organization would be healthy enough to continue.

In the meantime, go hire Billy Beane for GM.

For those of you who are not baseball fans, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneyba...an_Unfair_Game
                        You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

on yahoo there is an article about how a lot of owners are prepping for the uncapped year and dumping salaries.

ralph isn't the only one motivated to do it this way.

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            on yahoo there is an article about how a lot of owners are prepping for the uncapped year and dumping salaries.

ralph isn't the only one motivated to do it this way.
                            While you make a very good point ... He has always been a bit tight. Now I know that he may not make the most of all the owners but he still makes a profit.

He has NEVER paid even the median salary to ANY coach in the history of this Franchise. You can have the best talent in the world but if they are not properly coached they will not win.
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• theanswer74
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              My guess is that Ralph is getting prepared for an uncapped year and realizes that this team sucks monkey balls so he's jetisoning his expensive players and saving his money.

All I can is that he's probably single handedly killed the home opener for me.

Kirk Chambers wasn't good enough to make your 53 man roster but now he is. Okay, whatever.
                              They cut Chambers to save the roster spot, they were trying to trade Walker. They told Chambers they would re-sign him shortly after he was released.

If Ralph wanted to dump Salary, Kelsay, Denney, and Parrish would save like $8 million.
                              Last edited by theanswer74; 09-09-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X