PDA

View Full Version : this is what we get when we asked "how can this team get worse?"

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Apparently 7-9 was a really nice place to be the last 3 years. getting a couple wins in the middle of the season, flirting with the playoffs...Those surely were the good old days. I feel bad that when jauron was resigned in February that I said, "how can this team do anyworse."

They answered it. Do nothing until the week before the 1st game, then fire the OC, the one guy who has any starter experience from last year on a revamped line, start a new offensive scheme that makes the QB look like a deer in headlights, and have us go to new england on a monday night. That apparently is how it gets worse.

I almost want to ask again, "how can this team get any worse" as i suspect that we are at the bottom, but then again Jauron through a 16 games could answer the question once again.

The over under on this season i think just dropped from 5 to 2.

My question to you: is this week the craziest thing you think you're going to see from the 2009 bills or is something else out there?

Mr. Pink
09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Wait 2 weeks when we lose to Tampa at home.

That'll answer your question.

Dr. Pepper
09-08-2009, 04:14 PM
it will be 4th and 1, we'll be down by 4 with 2 minutes left on the bucs 40 yard line. jauron will punt, the bucs will get one first down and win the game.

that will be the craziest thing that happens this season. although i guess it wont be surprising.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:16 PM
i will read every scripture from every religion if the bills make the playoffs this year. I will drop my secular agnostic beliefs and finish every post with "god is good"

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:25 PM
this team is going to address every problem expect its biggest one this season....the coach.

mybills
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Do nothing until the week before the 1st game, then fire the OC, the one guy who has any starter experience from last year on a revamped line, start a new offensive scheme that makes the QB look like a deer in headlights, and have us go to new england on a monday night. That apparently is how it gets worse.

Are you there at every practice? Do you have inside knowledge of their plans for the positions, and or season? Who said they were using a new offensive scheme?

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:36 PM
mybills, please don't defend the team right now. i understand you are the rah rah personality, and i love that. I think we need more of that on the board at times. but now is not the time.

they changed from being a run run pass, punt team to a no huddle run run pass punt team. While AVP tugs on my heart strings and i want to see him do well, his stint in the NFL Europe as an OC was pretty awful.

They went to the no huddle with an OC that they claim now wasn't on the same page as our QB. Do we really believe it all fell apart in the preseason? Or was this simply never addressed because the team is run like a circus.

This team is in chaos and as much as we all really believe that they have this secret plan that's going to blow belichicks socks off, it is seeming more and more unlikely.

mybills
09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I bet there's more Pats fans falling for that than there are Bills fans. I could tell by their faces when they saw my jersey. It's not like this is the only team in NFL history to have major last minute changes. A little tidbit here, a tidbit there, a rumor here, a rumor there...I hope it's screwing up every one of our opponents. :up:

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
isn't that a problem though? When you have to rely on this gimmick of "we won't let them know our deal until the game." No other team that has been successful the last 5 years is playing this game. It means someone. it's correlated to our badness.

How cna we suck every year, do nothing about it, and then expect the following year to be better? HOW?

mybills
09-08-2009, 04:56 PM
This year WILL be better!

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 04:57 PM
well, mybills, when teh bills make the playoffs, and i was horribly wrong, and you were rewarded for never giving up, i'm going to write you one very long apology.

I really look forward to the day that i can write that note.

kid mickey
09-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Jauron is going to find a way to surprise you. It's what he does. Now whether it is a good surprise or a bad surprise is anyone's guess, but I am sure we have all come to expect the bad. But hey, look at it this way, we do bad and we get high draft picks for what seems to be looking like an extremely deep draft class next year. And in all probability Jauron is shown the door. If we do good and make the play-offs everything will be gravy. Two sided coin. Depends on what you want. More elite talent? Or winning now? You can't have both and you sure as hell don't want what's in the middle. Do good or do bad, but don't do average.

mybills
09-09-2009, 06:54 AM
well, mybills, when teh bills make the playoffs, and i was horribly wrong, and you were rewarded for never giving up, i'm going to write you one very long apology.

I really look forward to the day that i can write that note.
lol, me too! :hi5:

SabreEleven
09-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Are you there at every practice? Do you have inside knowledge of their plans for the positions, and or season? Who said they were using a new offensive scheme?

The No-Huddle...

mybills
09-09-2009, 07:13 AM
The No-Huddle...
That was before AVP became the OC.

Jan Reimers
09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
If you believe in the theory of "addition by subtraction," we may be subtracting our way to a playoff birth.

Really, though, I think we have so many problems that the axing of Turk and Walker will make little difference.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
This year WILL be better!

i hope you're right but i honestly don't see it.

BillsOwnAll
09-09-2009, 08:04 AM
They answered it. Do nothing until the week before the 1st game,Signing one of the best receivers the game has ever seen can go under the do nothing category? I can see that.